BR Projects Bills to 13 Wins -Jets 8

CSBill

A fair analysis:

Buffalo Bills (Over/Under 10.5): Over with 13 projected wins

Buffalo won 13 games last year but outscored its opponents by a league-high 10.6 points per game. The Bills' three losses came by a combined eight points. On paper, they look just as strong. Still, the schedule's tough in a strong division.

All teams:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083125-overunder-win-predictions-for-every-nfl-team-in-2023?utm_medium=email&lid=uoz16sgcp8qw

• Like (+1) 2

13 wins will be tough. Road games at KC, CIN, and PHIL. Then you have 4 combined games against MIA and NYJ. DAL won't be easy either. Then factor in the Bills always seem to stub their toe against a team they should beat at least once a year. I would say 10-12 wins is the floor/ceiling for the Bills. If they can win 13 or more, I would be thrilled with that given how tough the schedule is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

13 wins will be tough. Road games at KC, CIN, and PHIL. Then you have 4 combined games against MIA and NYJ. DAL won't be easy either. Then factor in the Bills always seem to stub their toe against a team they should beat at least once a year. I would say 10-12 wins is the floor/ceiling for the Bills. If they can win 13 or more, I would be thrilled with that given how tough the schedule is.

It's going to be interesting.  The Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals are pretty much the consensus choice for the top three teams in the league, and Buffalo plays all three on their home turf.   Buffalo will learn during the season whether or not it has a chance to win the Super Bowl or not.  Beat one or two of those teams during the season, and we have ample reason for optimism.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Saleh only gets 1 more win with Rodgers than he did with last year's QB crew, he needs to be transferred right to the USFL.

I want Rodgers and the Jets to be like Wilson and the Broncos were last year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

It's going to be interesting.  The Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals are pretty much the consensus choice for the top three teams in the league, and Buffalo plays all three on their home turf.   Buffalo will learn during the season whether or not it has a chance to win the Super Bowl or not.  Beat one or two of those teams during the season, and we have ample reason for optimism.

They seem to be but Vegas says it’s the eagles, chiefs and bills.  They’ve been saying it the entire offseason

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

They seem to be but Vegas says it’s the eagles, chiefs and bills.  They’ve been saying it the entire offseason

It would be nice if the Chargers and Ravens can win their divisions and knock the Chiefs and Bengals to WC status. Although it didn't help last year, I want any playoff game with Bengals or Chiefs in OP.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It would be nice if the Chargers and Ravens can win their divisions and knock the Chiefs and Bengals to WC status. Although it didn't help last year, I want any playoff game with Bengals or Chiefs in OP.

I want any game vs either team to be played in nice weather. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I want any game vs either team to be played in nice weather. 

Good point. The potential is there for the Bills to play many home games in bad weather especially late in the season. Yet the Bills have a team that isn't built for bad weather.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Saleh only gets 1 more win with Rodgers than he did with last year's QB crew, he needs to be transferred right to the USFL.

I think this is more likely than not.  He has not impressed me as a leader.  I guess we will see now that QB excuse has been taken away, but implosion of the Jets at the first sign of trouble would not at all surprise me.  

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

A fair analysis:

Buffalo won 13 games last year but outscored its opponents by a league-high 10.6 points per game. The Bills' three losses came by a combined eight points. On paper, they look just as strong. Still, the schedule's tough in a strong division.

All teams:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083125-overunder-win-predictions-for-every-nfl-team-in-2023?utm_medium=email&lid=uoz16sgcp8qw

The Bills are still the class of the division until somebody proves otherwise.  13 wins is a realistic target.  11 or 12 would not shock me, nor will it cost them the division in my opinion.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 parts to this:

1- what's it take to win the East? Sweeping the east for any team isn't happening. Going 2-0 against anyone but the Pats is unlikely. 3-3 in the division is comfortable to bet

2- how many wins will it take to win the East? Id guess 12

3- easier schedule? Miami. The defense can stop the pass, the front 5 are a weakness. If the offense can keep Tua alive they can easily win the East. 

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

3 parts to this:

1- what's it take to win the East? Sweeping the east for any team isn't happening. Going 2-0 against anyone but the Pats is unlikely. 3-3 in the division is comfortable to bet

3- easier schedule? Miami. The defense can stop the pass, the front 5 are a weakness. If the offense can keep Tua alive they can easily win the East. 

I doubt they can keep him healthy. Two confirmed concussions last year (CIN and GB) and he probably suffered one in the first Bills game bringing the total to 3. Then he had that hip injury at Alabama but it's the concussions that will shorten his career. If he suffers one more this year, then he would be smart to retire. It's not worth putting your health at risk especially since he is a young man.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Good point. The potential is there for the Bills to play many home games in bad weather especially late in the season. Yet the Bills have a team that isn't built for bad weather.

Adding a pair of power backs, a first round TE, an extra 1-tech, and a bear of a guard leads me to believe they recognized that as an issue. We’ll see if it works out the way everyone hopes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

According to these "experts' we aren't even winning the division.

F1Z0WyVXgAAVGSB?format=jpg&name=900x900

And at the production meeting before the show they discussed nobody picking the Bills so it would generate "interest" (outrage).  Greeny even said be prepared this will be screenshotted on Twitter and Bills Mafia will go crazy.  These shows have become a joke - the selections the 'experts' make are mostly intended to create a stir

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

I'll be very surprised if we win 13.  Not sure how they have the Jets at 8 though.  There's so much unknown about that situation at the moment.  I guess these people have to write about something, even when there's nothing to say.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

3 parts to this:

I don't give Miami more than an outside shot of winning the East. Miami to win fewer games than last year is a safe bet IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd take 11 wins going into the post season healthy, strong and with momentum than 13 wins limping, injured and shrouded in tragedy.

Sheeeet, I'll take 9 or 10 with a Wild Card and all road playoff games if it means being fresh for the playoffs and winning the SB.  

It's ALL going to come down to McD's management of the D, Dorsey, Allen's elbow, and the avoidance of Allen or Milano getting injured.  

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's concerned about the top five or six guys on our coaching staff all being retread coaches from when McD was in Carolina.  I mean honestly, it's as if he's quietly brought that coaching staff here.  It's not as if those teams overachieved or did anything special.  

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd take 11 wins going into the post season healthy, strong and with momentum than 13 wins limping, injured and shrouded in tragedy.

Sheeeet, I'll take 9 or 10 with a Wild Card and all road playoff games if it means being fresh for the playoffs and winning the SB.  

It's ALL going to come down to McD's management of the D, Dorsey, Allen's elbow, and the avoidance of Allen or Milano getting injured.  

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's concerned about the top five or six guys on our coaching staff all being retread coaches from when McD was in Carolina.  I mean honestly, it's as if he's quietly brought that coaching staff here.  It's not as if those teams overachieved or did anything special.  

I can see us being the best offense, or close to it, of all-time and for sure in Bills' franchise history, or I can see us being 5th or 6th too.  There are a whole lot of mystery balls up in the air entering this season.  

Gotta hope for the best.  

GO BILLS!!!  

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Oh I definitely agree but I still want to win the division and I can the Jets and Miami winning 9-11 games if things go right for them.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

A fair analysis:

All teams:

I’m really surprised BR took a good look at our roster and really thought about this…. They’re right, the Bills are loaded and ready to feast upon fish, jets and pats….

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Last year i guess, even though we were 14-4, and 17 of those games we were a play away from the W. Played a few in bad weather.

Regardless, we made huge improvements in our overall RB depth and interior OL run blocking. Plus added a potential superstar TE to go along with a top 10 TE. Upgraded WR, only postitions we didn't upgrade on O are LT, C and QB.. Even RT with Shell is at least an upgrade depth wise and he could very well take over for Brown.  We have way more talent and versatility on O.

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

And at the production meeting before the show they discussed nobody picking the Bills so it would generate "interest" (outrage).  Greeny even said be prepared this will be screenshotted on Twitter and Bills Mafia will go crazy.  These shows have become a joke - the selections the 'experts' make are mostly intended to create a stir

Absolutely. They're unwatchable to me. Only time i turn on ESPN is to watch live sports. I used to watch ESPN all day..For the last 5 or so years i just can't do it. Explains all the layoffs

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't give Miami more than an outside shot of winning the East. Miami to win fewer games than last year is a safe bet IMO.

I keep wanting to think this but can't see where they regressed. Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I really don't care about the division.  Make the playoffs and be playing your best football with a reasonably healthy roster and this team can win anywhere against anyone.

The only thing I see as a huge bonus is the #1 seed because of the week off and 1 less game. 

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

A lot of people are convinced that Saleh and McDaniel are better HC's than McDermott.  This is based in large part on how much the Bill have struggled to beat those teams with obviously inferior rosters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, CSBill said:

A fair analysis:

All teams:

I sure hope they are right. I was hoping for 11 wins looking at the schedule. It's brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

A lot of people are convinced that Saleh and McDaniel are better HC's than McDermott.  This is based in large part on how much the Bill have struggled to beat those teams with obviously inferior rosters. 

Four losses in total with two out of the four within the division doesn't make either of them better... and neither swept us.

I think 13 wins is way too optimistic. Tough division games and those brutal away games vs the top teams in the league. 

I think they win 10 games and make the playoffs. 

I don't see a reasonable path to 13 wins. However, McD knows how to win regular season games.

Could be another great regular season only to lose early on in the playoffs. Nevertheless, it will be seen as a successful season. I'd be happy with that. How about you?

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.