BR Projects Bills to 13 Wins -Jets 8

CSBill

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't give Miami more than an outside shot of winning the East. Miami to win fewer games than last year is a safe bet IMO.

I'm curious why you think that. Do you think Jalen Ramsey is washed now and DC Vic Fangio is not an upgrade?

8 hours ago, boyst said:

I keep wanting to think this but can't see where they regressed. Any thoughts?

Of their 9 wins last only 3 - Houston, Cleveland, New England - were by more than 1 score. Teams now have a year of film on what they do to you with Hill and Waddle in this offense. Most teams started last year blitzing Tua and challenging him to beat them deep. Those were the issues in the Gailey offense but they had answers to that and early season benefitted from a lot of cheap touchdowns. I expect a LOT more sit in coverage, flood the zones, let Tua hold the ball but force him to make good decisions. And if you can negate Hill and Waddle to an extent.... then what is there on offense? An average QB, a below average OL, nothing at tight end, no other notable receiver depth and some role players at running back. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

According to these "experts' we aren't even winning the division.

F1Z0WyVXgAAVGSB?format=jpg&name=900x900

Good. More of this, please. I want everybody to be discounting the Bills. I'd like to see them get into the playoffs healthy and with a chip the size of Mt. Everest on their shoulders. 

Edited by Dr. K

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Can't see the Jets with just 8 wins.  The meltdown in Jersey would be epic.

It's on their O-line and run game.  If they give Rodgers time and can effectively control the ground game, look out AFC East. Jets win 11-12+  But if the old boy is under pressure all the time and teams can stop the run, the Jets will be a 8-10 win team. I don't see them being worse with that tough defense.

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

They seem to be but Vegas says it’s the eagles, chiefs and bills.  They’ve been saying it the entire offseason

Interesting.  I don't pay much attention to Vegas.  I was going by what I see in the media.  I think a lot of people are starting to write off the Bills because they've gotten stuck in the playoffs in the divisional round.

• Agree 1

Harrison Glaser on Twitter: "Robert Saleh on Zach Wilson: "He looks awesome. He's in a really good frame of mind. He's embraced where he is. He's attacking every day to try to find ways to get better. I've got a lot of faith in him. He's just got to get comfortable as an NFL QB & let it rip." #Jets https://t.co/gNtIM3rceL" / Twitter

This is coach speak for he sucks, and he will do nothing but hold a clipboard and watch Rodgers play. 

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea think they will be decent on defense.

They could be better than last year, but I think people are generally overestimating the “Fangio miracle” that is about to occur in Miami.  A reading of his record as a DC does not support some massive improvement due to his presence.  He had one year of success in Chicago, and a nice run in SF, but other than that his record is unimpressive.  SF was 9 years ago.  Just saying.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FangVi0.htm

21 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Four losses in total with two out of the four within the division doesn't make either of them better... and neither swept us.

You don't seem to understand what struggled to beat means. 

19 hours ago, Chaos said:

You don't seem to understand what struggled to beat means. 

So Lou Saban who went 4-9-1 was a better coach than Don Shula because the undefeated Super Bowl champion Dolphins from 1972 struggled to win 24-23 at the Orange Bowl?

A WIN is a WIN... ESPECIALLY when you go 13-4, and you don't seem to understand what that means.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

On 7/20/2023 at 12:58 AM, JaBu said:

I'm curious why you think that. Do you think Jalen Ramsey is washed now and DC Vic Fangio is not an upgrade?

These people are a combined 0-5 against josh allen. In those 5 games, Allen has 17 touchdowns and I believe 3 turnovers 

Edited by arcane
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, arcane said:

These people are a combined 0-5 against josh allen. In those 5 games, Allen has 17 touchdowns and I believe 3 turnovers 

My question was to Gunner Bill as to why he said "Miami to win fewer games than last year is a safe bet IMO." It was not about how Josh and the Bills would fair against them, but why he thought Miami would decline from last year when it appears they strengthened their roster.

11 minutes ago, JaBu said:

My question was to Gunner Bill as to why he said "Miami to win fewer games than last year is a safe bet IMO." It was not about how Josh and the Bills would fair against them, but why he thought Miami would decline from last year when it appears they strengthened their roster.

I knew as I was typing that it wasn't addressing your main point, but I still wanted to put those numbers out there

7 hours ago, JaBu said:

Because Tua is one hit from being knocked out of the game. 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, BigAl2526 said:

It's going to be interesting.  The Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals are pretty much the consensus choice for the top three teams in the league, and Buffalo plays all three on their home turf.   Buffalo will learn during the season whether or not it has a chance to win the Super Bowl or not.  Beat one or two of those teams during the season, and we have ample reason for optimism.

I can definitely see the Bengals taking a step back because that division is going to be a female dog. I also would hammered the over 8 wins for the Jets. 

And as much as I want home field advantage, with how the Bills play, is it really that much of an advantage? We aren’t a great running team, have a smallish defense, and fast receivers. It might be an advantage to play on the road 😛 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.