Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This sounds weird...if he is supposed to be there but isn't there...did something bad happen? Did someone kidnap him for ransom money? 

I mean this world has gotten crazy, and people just DGAF nowadays.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

As was pointed out when he missed voluntary OTA’s, We know what we have in Diggs (for better and worse). The more time available for the younger guys to show what they’ve got, the better. Let’s see what it looks like now, and hope it helps get us ready for the season. That’s the best “glass half full” I can offer. 

The contrarian in me would say that one of the leaders on the team not being there to help coach up and mentor all the young talent is more of a detriment than whatever extra snaps those players get at practice.

My theory is that he came to Buffalo and did medicals to prove health/fulfill some sort of contract obligation...and now hes sitting out to prove whatever point he has about this team/coaching.....it's disheartening to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But why report for medical clearance yesterday at the team facility of he wasn't planning on showing up then??  That's the part that makes no sense to me.

Gotta be contract related, probably has to be able to pass physicals or take physicals at certain times for his contract 

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

It already is a problem. Not that it certainly happens again in the season. But Diggs has essentially pulled the pin from the grenade, and put the team on notice that he'll toss it when he see's fit. The entire season will be on eggshells. 

Could be right.  

Could be wrong.

it’s unnecessary and sad.  I thought better of him as a man.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm concerned that they're concerned. Do they not know where he is....are they concerned for his safety....Are they looking for him?

The milk cartons are being prepared as I type! We will find him!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"If you want to ignore me when the team needs me the most, then take a look at what your team really looks like without me"

But this isn’t a 5-12 team and Diggs is coming off 3 straight 1200+ seasons and a career year in TDs. Oh yeah, and he just got a nice new contract. His situation could be much much worse. If this is him sending a “message” then I have zero sympathy. If it’s a family issue then I do. Simple as that. Let’s see what happens on Day 2 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

This sounds weird...if he is supposed to be there but isn't there...did something bad happen? Did someone kidnap him for ransom money? 

I mean this world has gotten crazy, and people just DGAF nowadays.

Agents are lawyers, so we can parse that statement like legalise. It all depends on the meaning of the word “here.” I read it to mean that he’ll be in town. 

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

The contrarian in me would say that one of the leaders on the team not being there to help coach up and mentor all the young talent is more of a detriment than whatever extra snaps those players get at practice.

I realize that. I was a guy who would have let Bruce sit out seasons at a time, if he didn’t want to show up And earn his contract. 

I'm normally someone in the camp of "this is a non-story", but not this time. The OTAs are voluntary, the perceived rift with Josh or the staff seemed to be disappointment with the outcome not necessarily with the team, but this begins to raise some red flags. If it carries on, I think it's something Beane and McD need to actively address, not just with Diggs, but with the team and fans as a whole. 

I don't mean bringing personal business out in the open, but it has to be more than just "I'm not going to talk about that" type of approach. Also, this feels like an unfortunate collision course with DHop timeline and other options for Diggs in the market. If it continues....if not, and it's just some personal stuff Diggs has going on, so be it and I'm good....otherwise, this can't distract the team from a rare opportunity to truly make the legitimate run at the title. 

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

But this isn’t a 5-12 team and Diggs is coming off 3 straight 1200+ seasons and a career year in TDs. Oh yeah, and he just got a nice new contract. His situation could be much much worse. If this is him sending a “message” then I have zero sympathy. If it’s a family issue then I do. Simple as that. Let’s see what happens on Day 2 

Again, it's not about his own stats, or his money. That is all fine.

What he was seemingly upset about was that when the Offense is sputtering, we can usually get it on track by going to Diggs a few times for some reliable, short gains (6-14 yards).

But when we were in that situation multiple times last year, Dorsey and Josh all but completely ignored him.

He is fine with winning and not getting any touches. He is ok with losing and the team giving their best effort. He is NOT fine with the team losing, looking flat and confused, and the coaches actively ignoring one of their biggest stat players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Agents are lawyers, so we can parse that statement like legalise. It all depends on the meaning of the word “here.” I read it to mean that he’ll be in town. 

Exactly, they practice in Orchard Park.  Not Buffalo.  So he is technically where he said he would be and will remain "for the entirety of minicamp".

15 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I posted here multiple times stating I have personal knowledge of the Diggs/Josh/Team feud and was ridiculed by some who did not want to believe how serious it was. Welp, hate to say I told you so. 

What's the point of this post other than to pump yourself up and pat yourself on the back? Weird clout-chase. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But why report for medical clearance yesterday at the team facility of he wasn't planning on showing up then??  That's the part that makes no sense to me.

Because it’s likely a contract clause. If he fails to show up for the physical Bills could go aft his bonus money.

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Check @brittwill's aparment.

Oh no, laughed way too hard at this.

8 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Curious of how this was said.  

Was it a TBD-like "OMG THIS IS VERY CONCERNING!  I'M FREAKING OUT MAN!!"  

Or more like "Yeah, OF COURSE it's very concerning, everyone else is here and one of our best Dudes is not."

IDK, that type of context matters to me... :beer: 

I watched it and from my perspective it felt like the latter

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"If you want to ignore me when the team needs me the most, then take a look at what your team really looks like without me"

You may be right....but, Pretty childish for a grown man if that is the case.  Just my opinion tho...

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm normally someone in the camp of "this is a non-story", but not this time. The OTAs are voluntary, the perceived rift with Josh or the staff seemed to be disappointment with the outcome not necessarily with the team, but this begins to raise some red flags. If it carries on, I think it's something Beane and McD need to actively address, not just with Diggs, but with the team and fans as a whole. 

I don't mean bringing personal business out in the open, but it has to be more than just "I'm not going to talk about that" type of approach. Also, this feels like an unfortunate collision course with DHop timeline and other options for Diggs in the market. If it continues....if not, and it's just some personal stuff Diggs has going on, so be it and I'm good....otherwise, this can't distract the team from a rare opportunity to truly make the legitimate run at the title. 

Jesus. Be more dramatic. He skipped a day of stretching and running around in shorts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Diggs has an untradeable contract 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s a shame that posters on this board and WGR callers who have been expressing concern about Diggs’ (a team captain) behavior on the sidelines, comments in interviews and subsequent tweets were dismissed.

it’s always been childish behavior - not “wanting to win” as it’s been framed

Edited by krf139
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.