Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

He didn't sign a new contract. He was restructured. Most NFL contracts include approval for future restructures. From a contractual point of view there was no need to notify Diggs at all. 

Although after the way he behaved at the end of the season, one would think a team would make sure they weren't handcuffing themselves to a player who would refuse to show up. 

He did sign a new contract extension last season. He was re-structured this season.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Like Diggs needs camp 🤣

And he'll be right out there with the starters the day he shows up.

He doesn’t need it but it’s pretty disrespectful to the team don’t you think? and I don’t think Mcd will let it slide.

But yeah he’s Diggs and pretty much will be out there lol because he’s Diggs..but whatever is going on needs to be figured out before it becomes a season problem . 

• Agree 2

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Diggs may not "need" camp. But if he was as big of a "competitor who wants to win" maybe showing up and working with his team and the new faces in the WR room is a better way to accomplish that. It's kinda how a team captain may be looked at to perform. 

Stef is being all about Stef. Not he team. Not winning. Not improving. He's had months to get over any squabble he had with coaching or Allen or whatever else has his knickers in a bunch.  Did his photo shoots get in the way? 

None of that will be lost by missing one day (or week) of minicamp. All those players have plenty of other stuff to learn and worry about. We'll be fine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

He did sign a new contract extension last season. He was re-structured this season.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought last season meant after last season, as in the CIN game. Whoops. 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

He doesn’t need it but it’s pretty disrespectful to the team don’t you think? and I don’t think Mcd will let it slide.

But yeah he’s Diggs and pretty much will be out there lol because he’s Diggs..but whatever is going on needs to be figured out before it becomes a season problem . 

I think we are feeling bigger feelings about it than the other players who have their own careers and assignments to worry about right now.

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

There's got to be some unresolved conflict between he and Josh. 

Diggs is the reason that Allen and Brit broke up.  Everyone in Minny said they wouldn't let Diggs near their sister.  Allen found out the hard way.  You heard it here first! 

I'm sure that will be a twitter rumor soon enough.

🤣

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I hope so but I am starting to question what kind of attitude he’ll be bringing to the table.

His attitude is "I pulled the pin from the grenade, one misstep and I will let it go". 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Even so, he had 10 targets that game. 

It's not about quantity of targets. Never was.

It's about relying on him when the team needs a spark the most. Find some ways to get him open underneath for short, but sure, gains.

Instead, we were running the Dorsey Classic, which is 2 deep shots to Davis then take a sack on 3rd down by trying to go deep again, then punt.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If there was a serious issue at hand, Diggs could of at least given the team a heads up/excuse…McD’s response suggests he did neither…Not only is it unprofessional, but most certainly not the actions you would expect from a captain…

Well said.  I’ve been a defender of Diggs.  He is who he is. We knew this.  But if this goes on for more than just today, I could see this being a problem.  It’s just disrespectful.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not about quantity of targets. Never was.

It's about relying on him when the team needs a spark the most. Find some ways to get him open underneath for short, but sure, gains.

Instead, we were running the Dorsey Classic, which is 2 deep shots to Davis than take a sack on 3rd down by trying to go deep again, then punt.

this is unfair depiction of the offense re Diggs imo

They were second in yards, ppg, and he was 5th in the league in targets

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Diggs is the reason that Allen and Brit broke up.  Everyone in Minny said they wouldn't let Diggs near their sister.  Allen found out the hard way.  You heard it here first!  I'm sure that will be a twitter rumor soon enough.

I thought it was because Allen was with another girl?

I find most of this to be silly. 
Diggs signed his massive extension and has been the focal point of the pass game. I don’t care about weird tweets and hearsay, but it’s a horrible look for him to not show up to mandatory camp and make the news cycle all about him when he knows the team is handicapped by his massive contract and can’t move him. 

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

None of that will be lost by missing one day (or week) of minicamp. All those players have plenty of other stuff to learn and worry about. We'll be fine.

Might need to change your name to Voice of Reason :beer: 

Or, we can all just continue the freak out one day in! :D 

• Thank you (+1) 1

There have been some clues that Diggs is unhappy, but does anyone have a clue why?  I can't figure out why Diggs won't be more specific about what he thinks is wrong and what he intends to do going forward.  It seems to me that he's acting pretty immature.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I thought it was because Allen was with another girl?

Hell if I know.

But Allen knocking up a local bartender sounds about as likely as Brittney cheating on Allen with Diggs.

And naturally I find this on twitter already:

Edited by The Wiz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

There have been some clues that Diggs is unhappy, but does anyone have a clue why?  I can't figure out why Diggs won't be more specific about what he thinks is wrong and what he intends to do going forward.  It seems to me that he's acting pretty immature.

My personal guess is he doesn't trust Allen after what happened at 3am before the Bengals game.....& it's on Josh to repair that

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

He did the same thing in Minnesota. He never really said what the issue was there specifically, only hints that he didn’t want to play with cousins. He’s pulling the same act again maybe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.