Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

g2 hope its related to his brother getting in trouble... only thing that makes sense

What just going post that I bet it is related to his brother. Thinking McDermott’s concern is for Diggs and his family. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gotta be coaching, imo.

I think he's still upset that Dorsey & McD refused to get him the ball when the team needed a spark the most. Feels like he's sending a message of "If you dont think I'm that important to our success, look at what you have on the field without me". And again, this isnt about him getting touches as much as not being relied on or called upon when the team could use his contribution the most.

I'm just guessing but there really cant be much else.

Right idea but wrong thoughts. Diggs loved Chad Hall. So maybe he’s protesting whatever decision they made with Hall.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't think I've ever seen Diggs give less than full effort on a play, or mail it in.

I have

Just now, Roundybout said:

If this is a message to the offensive coaching staff to stop being stupid, then I’m all for it! 

Childish way to send it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I understood Diggs being upset in Minnesota, because they were a run-first offense and showed no signs of changing, and he felt he was being underused and wasn't being allowed to reach his vast potential.

I'm a lot less understanding of his being upset now. As others have pointed out, he's paid very well, he's on a very pass-first offense with a top five quarterback, and he's the focal point of the passing game.

Besides, what does he really think he could get on another team that he doesn't have here? Short of joining the Chiefs, who does he honestly feel like would give him a better chance to win a ring at this point?

Yes, I understand why he'd be aggravated with the coaches and potentially even Josh Allen, but I don't think that he's going about it the right way.

A good teammate simply does not take his ball and go home when the going gets tough. You want changes to the way the offense is called or to what Josh is looking at when he drops back to pass? Fine. Come to offseason meetings (at LEAST the mandatory ones) and sit with the coaches and the QB and give input. Help shape the offense. Help improve the team from a scheming and play-calling perspective.

I'm not bent out of shape about it. He's not the first player to skip mandatory camp and won't be the last. I DO think he's going about things the wrong way and is being unreasonable, though.

• Like (+1) 6

I assumed that when the team restructured Diggs they had spoken to him and had a reasonably accurate temperature on the situation. It feels like checking in after the way we ended the CIN game would have been a slam dunk...apparently not? 

In a worst case, doomsday scenario, Diggs could tank this roster by forcing his way out. 

(Most NFL contracts are written with permission for restructures up front. Teams do not need to get approval before restructuring)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, jletha said:

I cant possibly understand what in the world Diggs could be protesting. He signed a new deal last year, hes on a top 3 offense with a top 3 QB.

Whats the angle here? He wants to be traded...to where? He wants more money...based on what?

Cut bait and sign Hopkins if this gets any uglier.

Can't cut him because it would cripple the cap and they likely wouldn't be ABLE to sign Hopkins . If Diggs wants to be an ass, see what they can do with the contract. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I understood Diggs being upset in Minnesota, because they were a run-first offense and showed no signs of changing, and he felt he was being underused and wasn't being allowed to reach his vast potential.

I'm a lot less understanding of his being upset now. As others have pointed out, he's paid very well, he's on a very pass-first offense with a top five quarterback, and he's the focal point of the passing game.

Besides, what does he really think he could get on another team that he doesn't have here? Short of joining the Chiefs, who does he honestly feel like would give him a better chance to win a ring at this point?

Yes, I understand why he'd be aggravated with the coaches and potentially even Josh Allen, but I don't think that he's going about it the right way.

But when the going got tough and we needed him the most, the coaches and Josh flat out ignored him. In more than one game. And instead to take low percentage deep shots to a struggling and unreliable Davis.

Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, The 9 Isles said:

$96 million contract on one of the best teams in the NFL, one of the best QBs in the league, diehard, loyal to the bone fans and this guy has to be a total asshat?

Super disappointed in this dude. 

Perhaps he's upset that Allen *appears* to have let his personal life interfere with the Bengals game / rest of team was flat / Diggs didn't get ball 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.