Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

29 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Well MISSter prospector - I guess your downvotes didn't work? Diggs is a no show like we told you. My sources telling me "he is done". This comes from an NHL agent/lawyer who knows Stef's agent very well.

nice, I too can't wait to see Floyd out there!

• Like (+1) 2

image.jpeg.a7afcf4d283f7cf8959be0997bbda9c7.jpegSo, are we on the same page? As the qb, you’re the leader of these men. Keep that thing in your pants. Don’t cheat on your girlfriend. If you do, wear protection. Distractions are killer to a team. Especially the night before a playoff game. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Got Floyd for less than Ngakoue

It was reported he took less to sign with us .. wonder what his other offers were for?

The price of playing for a SB vs signing with a non contender.  Ngakoue was holding out for the highest bidder.  He’s still only 28 and such a liability Vs the run..  

Beane killed it landing floyd.  We’re going to love this guy

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The price of playing for a SB vs signing with a non contender.  Ngakoue was holding out for the highest bidder.  He’s still only 28 and such a liability Vs the run..  

Beane killed it landing floyd.  We’re going to love this guy

I'll go out on a limb and say Leonard Floyd will lead the Bills in sacks.  I was so hoping we'd try to sign him.  Mafia will embrace this guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll go out on a limb and say Leonard Floyd will lead the Bills in sacks.  I was so hoping we'd try to sign him.  Mafia will embrace this guy. 

Watching him at practice this week i have to say I got excited.  Dude is a baller

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It'll be like Jerry Hughes for his last couple of seasons here. But hopefully a bit better.

These guys just can't help themselves when it comes to acquiring defensive players.

This will come back to haunt us when we are getting knocked out of the playoffs next January.

We'll talk then.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

These guys just can't help themselves when it comes to acquiring defensive players.

This will come back to haunt us when we are getting knocked out of the playoffs next January.

We'll talk then.

A great pass rush is how you stop elite Os.. What offensive player was available for 9m that would've had an impact 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Plus 3 for Miller if he plays.  Gonna be a boat race to see who gets to hit the old man more.

IS THIS EVEN ON THE TABLE????

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Based on stats, it looks like you're wrong but Floyd is definitely a better value for us.

https://stathead.com/tiny/crrzS

cool site feature with the head to head!

43 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

A great pass rush is how you stop elite Os.. What offensive player was available for 9m that would've had an impact 

I’m all for Floyd.. I will always make an exception for defensive spending on pass rush… that said, we spent real money this off-season on bringing back Poyer and signing Floyd.  

That’s our DeAndre Hopkins money right there. 

We’ll see if that was the right move. 

Edited by SCBills

• 1 month later...

The Leonard Floyd signing seems to be the key offseason addition.  I love the McGovern,Kincaid,Torrence,Murray, and Harris additions too.  But I think as the season goes on, we are going to appreciate that Floyd was a true missing link for us. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Chaos said:

The Leonard Floyd signing seems to be the key offseason addition.  I love the McGovern,Kincaid,Torrence,Murray, and Harris additions too.  But I think as the season goes on, we are going to appreciate that Floyd was a true missing link for us. 

I mean, look at this defense... when we get Von Miller back, HOW GREAT COULD THEY BE?!?!

It's really exciting. NOT ONE talking head mentioned him at all, as if we sat on our butt all offseason and did nothing.

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

When Von & Floyd are across from each other it will be terrifying for opposing qbs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When Von & Floyd are across from each other it will be terrifying for opposing qbs.  

Von, Floyd and Groot should make for a potent edge rush and AJE is also having a nice season and Shaq Lawson is playing his role and providing depth. With Ed Oliver breaking out in the interior and D Jones still holding up solid the defensive line may be the best we have seen in the McD era

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

How the heck was he still available until June?

He wanted to get paid.  No one was willing to pay him….maybe because there was a glut of vet pass rushers still available.  Beane pounced at the right time.  

I’m ecstatic to have signed the guy, but I also feel bad for him in some respect.  He deserved to get paid more than he did.  He’s extremely undervalued league wide imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Floyd is one of the better Beane FA signings.  He usually misses, as with draft picks, but he did well with Floyd

You aren't wrong about the FA signings.........his overall pro personnel track record has been very poor even by the standard of a league where most teams are striking out a lot more than succeeding in FA.

Beane didn't come to Buffalo as a seasoned personnel man and I think that was abundantly clear(and obvious at the time) with his incredibly bad pro personnel choices early in his GM tenure.

But I've always believed that Beane is very intelligent and I've bought the idea that he and McDermott actually believe in their "growth mindset" which in theory should lead to better decisions with experience.........maybe we are seeing that happen now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1