4 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

So the contract is for 7 mil, broken down as:

2023 - 2.6mil

2024 - 1.4mil

2025 - 1.4mil

2026 - 1.4mil

The last 3 years are void years, so my questions here are:

What exactly is a void year?

Does it mean we have to sacrifice a roster spot assuming he doesn't play a second year?

Would that be a 53-man roster spot or can it be a practice squad spot?

Void years have nothing to do with roster spot. It is just accounting thing, it means that it counts towards next year's cap. It is obviously a bad thing cap wise, but that is the way how you "borrow" money from the future.

Check it out here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2024/

All players who are in orange are players with void years - Hyde, Jones, Settle and Matakevich, and Floyd should also be in orange (it is just an omission on Sportrac part). So it means that we already spent about §12M cap space from next year by paying players this year. But it does not affect our ability to have 53 rostered players.  

Oh and its 3 void years only in theory. As far as I know, total sum will be counted against our cap next year (and Sportrac indicates the same).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Void years have nothing to do with roster spot. It is just accounting thing, it means that it counts towards next year's cap. It is obviously a bad thing cap wise, but that is the way how you "borrow" money from the future.

Check it out here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2024/

All players who are in orange are players with void years - Hyde, Jones, Settle and Matakevich, and Floyd should also be in orange (it is just an omission on Sportrac part). So it means that we already spent about §12M cap space from next year by paying players this year. But it does not affect our ability to have 53 rostered players.  

Oh and its 3 void years only in theory. As far as I know, total sum will be counted against our cap next year (and Sportrac indicates the same).

If he works out, restructure his deal and keep him here

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Do you have any idea how often WR's get upset in the heat of the moment when they're being game planned away from and lose an important game? Someone posted a whole video of similar instances or worse that have occurred. Just because he acted out in one moment doesn't mean he "turned" on Josh, coach, or the team.

Oh yeah? Then why did he not only sign a long term deal with us last season, but also restructured his contract to make it more difficult to move him this offseason? After he "turned" on the team. He's not going anywhere this season or next season. He can't. He knows it and he knew it when he restructured. Stop being so sensitive. It's his brother. They talk about it more as a hypothetical dream they had growing up and/or to get money out of their teams more than anything else.

Who did he "pretend" to be? I'm sorry he doesn't act exactly as you feel he should act. But that sounds more like a you problem than a him problem.

Geesh dude. He had a minor meltdown due to his competitiveness following an absolutely abysmal team performance in which the gameplan was using him as a decoy and when it clearly wasn't working, Josh and Dorsey refused to switch gears. Honestly, i'm glad he acted the way he did. The way the team performed and the refusal to try and get him the ball when the gameplan wasn't working was more inexcusable to me than how he acted.

He always unplugs in the offseason. And then when it's time to go, he shows up and plays at a high level. He's a Top 5 WR in the league and a member of our team. And you don't want him here because he doesn't act the way you want him to at all times? 🙄

We shall see, hope you are right, BUT, I fear you are not.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Do you have any idea how often WR's get upset in the heat of the moment when they're being game planned away from and lose an important game? Someone posted a whole video of similar instances or worse that have occurred. Just because he acted out in one moment doesn't mean he "turned" on Josh, coach, or the team.

Oh yeah? Then why did he not only sign a long term deal with us last season, but also restructured his contract to make it more difficult to move him this offseason? After he "turned" on the team. He's not going anywhere this season or next season. He can't. He knows it and he knew it when he restructured. Stop being so sensitive. It's his brother. They talk about it more as a hypothetical dream they had growing up and/or to get money out of their teams more than anything else.

Who did he "pretend" to be? I'm sorry he doesn't act exactly as you feel he should act. But that sounds more like a you problem than a him problem.

Geesh dude. He had a minor meltdown due to his competitiveness following an absolutely abysmal team performance in which the gameplan was using him as a decoy and when it clearly wasn't working, Josh and Dorsey refused to switch gears. Honestly, i'm glad he acted the way he did. The way the team performed and the refusal to try and get him the ball when the gameplan wasn't working was more inexcusable to me than how he acted.

He always unplugs in the offseason. And then when it's time to go, he shows up and plays at a high level. He's a Top 5 WR in the league and a member of our team. And you don't want him here because he doesn't act the way you want him to at all times? 🙄

Love your support of one of our best players, however there may be a few things you missed or are unaware of. 

1. He flat out said sever times this off-season that one of his life goals is to play with his brother. That's not up for debate. It's a fact.

2. "He" likely didn't have anything to do with restructuring his contract. For a simple restructure the language is already in the deal that teams can restructure at any time. The only times that a player has to give consent is if they are adding void years or extending. 

3. He had more that one "minor meltdown" last year. The playoff game was just on the largest stage. There were at least 3 other games that he was snapping off on the sideline and a few times that he was all up in his feelings. Remember McDermott having to hug it out with him early in the (I believe it was) first Dolphins game? It's becoming a bit of a pattern.

4. Yelling at Josh on the sideline of the playoff game is what it is. I can chalk that up to being competitive. Sure. Trying to storm out of the locker room like a petulant child after the game is what I have an issue with. Guy is supposed to be a leader. That's not a leader at all.

5. Tired of everyone saying his behavior is ok because "he's a competitor" and "he wants to win...wish everyone else did". So, by that reasoning...Josh doesn't want to win because he doesn't throw temper tantrums? Milano...doesn't want to win because he didn't storm out of the locker room? BS. 52 other players on that team want to win just as bad. Diggs is the only one who can't control himself. I am also tired of the hypocrisy of some that would BLAST guys like Brady for yelling at teammates and it being chalked up by commentators as him being competitive...but excuse it from Diggs because it's a Buffalo Bill. 

6. You are correct in saying he's not going anywhere this season. NEXT season could be a different story. While trading him would leave $8.8M dead cap (post June 1st) it would also clear $19M off the cap. Not saying they will or even should...but it is financially plausible next year.

Despite all that, I'm not down on the guy. He is and can continue to be a huge part of this team. There have now been some patterns of behavior that are worth monitoring headed into this season. Nothing huge and nothing that can't be repaired. The old saying "winning cures all" definitely applies here. If by chance the Bills fall short this year it could very well escalate into something more troublesome next off season.

23 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

I want to be wrong, but this is the guy who loved everyone, wanted to be the ultimate leader, show by example stuff, and now could care less?

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

He wants to play with his bro.

he is not who he pretended to be.

Andre Reed once displayed this behavior and was talked back by JK, TT, and BS. But that was about money after his injury.

This feels different!

Not about money.

Now you know why Minny said goodbye.

I bet you've just been waiting to say something like this for 3 years

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

For sure I do not, but speculation is the game of the off season. 

We do know he has changed...it happened in Minny. Wide outs and their ego have history of such things

Given some of the Internet rumors that have abounded since the morning of a playoff game, it's not unreasonable to suggest that Diggs may have been upset with the focus and dedication of certain members of the organization last year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

And here we go. UGH. Diggs not at OTA's today. Or is he?!??? Can someone confirm? Rumours are he is no show

He hasn't been showing up to the OTAs, this is news to you? It will only mean something if he doesn't show up for the upcoming mandatory mini-camp sessions.

• Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Can't wait until Diggs lights it up yet again this year. He will play with everything he's got every snap because that's who he is - a world class competitor. I could care less that he isn't at voluntary OTAs. He's an established veteran and this not unusual at all across the league for guys of his caliber. Do you guys who think this is a big deal follow any other teams besides the Bills? I guarantee you no one on the team cares about this.

Also re: the Cincy game, at least we had one guy on the field who wasn't going to hang his head and throw in the towel. You want guys like that. He and Josh and the other leaders will push each other and hold each other accountable. They all do it in their own way. I'm thankful Diggs never quits and always has that fire.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

These. OTA's. Are. Not. Mandatory. 

Do. You. Understand? 

Oh man - my bad. I thought this week was mandatory OTA. The last ones weren't but today/this week is. My bad. Carry on.

Diggs is the king anyway so I wouldn't care. Just win.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Oh man - my bad. I thought this week was mandatory OTA. The last ones weren't but today/this week is. My bad. Carry on.

Diggs is the king anyway so I wouldn't care. Just win.

I can't believe this Diggs thread is 28 pages already!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Can't wait until Diggs lights it up yet again this year. He will play with everything he's got every snap because that's who he is - a world class competitor. I could care less that he isn't at voluntary OTAs. He's an established veteran and this not unusual at all across the league for guys of his caliber. Do you guys who think this is a big deal follow any other teams besides the Bills? I guarantee you no one on the team cares about this.

Also re: the Cincy game, at least we had one guy on the field who wasn't going to hang his head and throw in the towel. You want guys like that. He and Josh and the other leaders will push each other and hold each other accountable. They all do it in their own way. I'm thankful Diggs never quits and always has that fire.

I love the fiery competitiveness, but Diggs needs to be at the OTA's.  Hard to show you care and want to win and jell with the new offensive weapons when you are not there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I bet you've just been waiting to say something like this for 3 years

No, I have no patience. 

If I did I would wait until mandatory camp to mention Diggs.

But now I may be able to say I told you.😁

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I love the fiery competitiveness, but Diggs needs to be at the OTA's.  Hard to show you care and want to win and jell with the new offensive weapons when you are not there.  

Again, I believe this is very common for veterans of his caliber. They are multimillionaire professionals, not a high school team. They don't need to sleep in bunk beds together to be effective on the field. I am sure Diggs will gel just fine when they get to mandatory workouts and camp. The new offensive weapons are the ones who need the OTAs to gel with Allen and to learn the offense. Diggs is set... he's earned taking these off if he wants to imo.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Again, I believe this is very common for veterans of his caliber. They are multimillionaire professionals, not a high school team. They don't need to sleep in bunk beds together to be effective on the field. I am sure Diggs will gel just fine when they get to mandatory workouts and camp. The new offensive weapons are the ones who need the OTAs to gel with Allen and to learn the offense. Diggs is set... he's earned taking these off if he wants to imo.

Well said.  I think fans have an unrealistic perspective of situations like this.  It is like any aspect of life; if you don't "have" to do something, some will still do it and some won't.  It doesn't mean they don't care or aren't working at perfecting their craft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m just going to down vote any weirdo who keeps talking about Diggs in this thread… I would have down voted this post also, except I’m going to say L. Floyd FTW!!! So now we are back on topic.   

page 28 got a lot of down thumbs. 

maybe some mod may be able to give warnings to people for taking this off topic

Edited by Prospector
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 5

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Leonard Floyd On Josh Allen

” A real juggernaut “

” A beast “

” A berserker “

” The real deal “

I always had him pegged more as a Shaman or Necromancer.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Leonard Floyd

I really hope we see a lot of Miller-Ed-Rousseau-Floyd rushing on 3rd down and obvious passing downs. Doesn’t get much better than that in the current NFL

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Prospector said:

I’m just going to down vote any weirdo who keeps talking about Diggs in this thread… I would have down voted this post also, except I’m going to say L. Floyd FTW!!! So now we are back on topic.   

Thank you, you are welcome

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we see a lot of Miller-Ed-Rousseau-Floyd rushing on 3rd down and obvious passing downs. Doesn’t get much better than that in the current NFL

Agreed, Era, but you know who you are leaving out (just a little bit)?

Jordan Poyer.  With our safety duo back in tact I can't wait for those times that McDermott sends Poyer flying in (and he will) from a blind, or hell, even straight on angle.

Crazy...he has been in the League for 11 years, six of that with Buffalo, but 10 of his 11 career sacks and 22 of his 24 career picks are with the Bills.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Von        Rousseau   DaQuan  Oliver       Floyd                           

• Like (+1) 5

14 hours ago, Prospector said:

So brave.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed, Era, but you know who you are leaving out (just a little bit)?

Jordan Poyer.  With our safety duo back in tact I can't wait for those times that McDermott sends Poyer flying in (and he will) from a blind, or hell, even straight on angle.

Crazy...he has been in the League for 11 years, six of that with Buffalo, but 10 of his 11 career sacks and 22 of his 24 career picks are with the Bills.

Go Bills!

No doubt!  Poyer’s my guy.  Just wanted to touch on our new pass rush in the Floyd thread 

Definitely looking forward to our all pro Safeties back together doing what they do.  

• Like (+1) 1

I really think this is the best team the Bills have had with Allen. They will never have an easier path to win the Super Bowl than the 13 seconds year (and healthy) but THIS team will have the most talent I believe. It's going to be a hell of a season and healthiness will mean everything in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I really think this is the best team the Bills have had with Allen. They will never have an easier path to win the Super Bowl than the 13 seconds year (and healthy) but THIS team will have the most talent I believe. It's going to be a hell of a season and healthiness will mean everything in the AFC.

we have to avenge 13 seconds and wipe that frazier stain from my memory

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

Almost like the Giants Nascar defense that stopped the Patriots undefeated season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Von        Rousseau   DaQuan  Oliver       Floyd                           

If we ran a 3-4, sure...when is the last time we ran 5 DL personell?

I'd say our best pass rushing grouping, is what @NewEraalready said.

• Like (+1) 1