Airport Travel

Riverboat Ritchie

Sitting in Orlando airport and just saw a flight from Buffalo land. At least half flight had Bills or other BLO gear on. I don’t live in WNY anymore and traveling home but usually always wear something BLO when traveling.  Don’t know if another fan base, maybe KC, travels like that. 

As an aside Orlando airport needs to drastically increase number of crappers. Nothing nastier than having to wait in line for a crapper in airport and when you sit down the seat is still warm. 

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10

My last Orlando flight was delayed like 3 times and I sat there all day. It's a top travel destination of Bills fans so you are sure to get some GO BILLS while waiting. I eat and drink light on travel days so I don't have to use the facilities. Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

My last Orlando flight was delayed like 3 times and I sat there all day. It's a top travel destination of Bills fans so you are sure to get some GO BILLS while waiting. I eat and drink light on travel days so I don't have to use the facilities. Enjoy!

Nothing like that Belly Buster Burrito before jumping on a long flight!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I am in the minority, but when on vacation, I don’t want random strangers yelling “Go Bills” at me, and I don’t want to yell “Go Bills” at them.  Therefore, I rarely wear Bills gear when outside of WNY. 

😂😂😂

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Sitting in Orlando airport and just saw a flight from Buffalo land. At least half flight had Bills or other BLO gear on. I don’t live in WNY anymore and traveling home but usually always wear something BLO when traveling.  Don’t know if another fan base, maybe KC, travels like that. 

As an aside Orlando airport needs to drastically increase number of crappers. Nothing nastier than having to wait in line for a crapper in airport and when you sit down the seat is still warm. 

Go Bills. 

Orlando airport is the worst airport experience I’ve encountered.  Been there 4 times and every time, the lines for food are miles long. Wait to sit down in any eatery is an hour+.  The wait for the American Express club is an hour+  

I detest that airport. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Go Bills. 

Fans want warm seats at home games, and they finally get a nice warm seat to sit on and they're griping.

There's no pleasing some people.  

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, but I don’t want random strangers yelling “Go Bills” at me, and I don’t want to yell “Go Bills” at them, when on vacation.  Therefore, I rarely wear Bills gear when outside of WNY. 

😂😂😂

So I’m guessing when you’re not wearing Bills gear random people don’t yell “Go Bills” in your direction….right? Just wondering. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Go Bills. 

I was at the Southwest Florida beaches and saw several people with Bills jerseys, caps, flags, etc.  So crazy. Man we deserve a Super Bowl just based on fandom.

And yeah the still-warm toilet seat grosses me out.  

Also, as a public service announcement.. the stall door latch is the very first thing someone touches with their unwashed fingers, after just having cleaned up their business.  So when you get in there, before sitting on that warm seat, use a piece of TP to latch the door closed. Don’t touch someone’s $h*t.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Orlando airport is the worst airport experience I’ve encountered.  Been there 4 times and every time, the lines for food are miles long. Wait to sit down in any eatery is an hour+.  The wait for the American Express club is an hour+  

I detest that airport. 

100% agree. One of the worst in the US

Most Bills fans I saw on one plane was flying into Jacksonville for the playoff game. It sure felt like 70% Bills gear on the plane and in the airport.  And that was a connection via Charlotte. 

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was at the Southwest Florida beaches and saw several people with Bills jerseys, caps, flags, etc.  So crazy. Man we deserve a Super Bowl just based on fandom.

And yeah the still-warm toilet seat grosses me out.  

Also, as a public service announcement.. the stall door latch is the very first thing someone touches with their unwashed fingers, after just having cleaned up their business.  So when you get in there, before sitting on that warm seat, use a piece of TP to latch the door closed. Don’t touch someone’s $h*t.

Or just resist the urge to put your fingers in your eyes or your mouth between the stall door and the sink. Their poop is on top of your poop and you can wash it all off at once. The door latch poop isn't super poop that stays on after you wash your hands.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Go Bills. 

Don’t get me started on the Orlando airport…

Sitting in Orlando airport and just saw a flight from Buffalo land. At least half flight had Bills or other BLO gear on.

Dumb question: do you mean actual team gear (tackling dummies, uniforms... whatever)?

Just double checking, as I assume you mean regular fans getting off the plane.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I detest that airport. 

Love Field in Dallas is bad also.  That is the almost totally SWA connection point.

25 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Dumb question: do you mean actual team gear (tackling dummies, uniforms... whatever)?

Just double checking, as I assume you mean regular fans getting off the plane.

I always travel with bills branded tackling dummies

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Seems like flights to Buffalo are always delayed happens to me often leaving from Miami/Ft Lauderdale airports. 

5 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Go Bills. 

On flight to Hawaii ATM. Pretty sure Mitch Morse got off the plane I was getting on in Buffalo. Im always decked out in Bills gear when I travel(used to be a lot bigger so people would ask if I played for Bills lol) He looked at me for a min I gave a nod, he gave a little one back and went on his way. 

I live in Western New York and am a pilot with a major airline who travels all over the country.  My personal observation is that there is more Bills gear worn at US airports than any other team...by far. As I see somebody walking the other way, I instinctively give out the "Go Bills" greeting, which seems to startle them as I am usually in uniform. When I fly to or from Buffalo as a passenger I ALWAYS see at least 5 or 6 people in either a Bills tee, cap or sweatshirt, regardless of whether or not it is football season.....in season that number usually goes up quite a bit..especially on the weekends.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I detest that airport. 

My dad, when he was alive lived near the Villages, and I flew in and out of MCO often. Never had an issue 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I once saw Jeb Bush in the security line at MCO, about 10 years ago or so?  I said hi to him, he seemed slightly annoyed.  For a politician with presidential aspirations, he didn't seem very eager to talk to people.

He ended up on a flight to DFW, and at the gate, he did the "fake talk on the phone" thing.  He was facing a wall so as not to be noticed.

8 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Go Bills. 

There’s a pretty big Bills section at every Wegmans in WNY.  Bills merch everywhere

20 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There’s a pretty big Bills section at every Wegmans in WNY.  Bills merch everywhere

Oh, how I wish we had a Wegmans near us. Is that a strange thing to wish for? I’m in a grocery store 5-6 days a week. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, but I don’t want random strangers yelling “Go Bills” at me, and I don’t want to yell “Go Bills” at them, when on vacation.  Therefore, I rarely wear Bills gear when outside of WNY. 

😂😂😂

I started a “hey ey ey” chant in the hot dog shop on main st In Disney World a few years back and it’s one of my favorite memories. A loud “ey ey ey” echoed back.

I imagine that you would be cringing :)

• Haha (+1) 1

😂😂😂

It’s like Freddie Mercury…kind of cool , but pretty gay at the same time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I detest that airport. 

Right on. 

You missed the worst part though - It’s filthy. I own a home in Florida and fly down there often. I avoid the Orlando airport as much as possible. Tampa (TPA) is significantly better.

If you fly private, KORL is fine.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My dad, when he was alive lived near the Villages, and I flew in and out of MCO often. Never had an issue 

Same.  Been through MCO about 20 times and never had a bad experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Go Bills. 

I flew in and out of Orlando once 40 some odd years ago. We almost missed our connecting flight in Atlanta after being delayed because a gator decided to park its belly on one of the runways.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Oh, how I wish we had a Wegmans near us. Is that a strange thing to wish for? I’m in a grocery store 5-6 days a week. 

It is completely normal.  I've been back in Buffalo from SW Florida this weekend.  Since landing yesterday, I have eaten two meals at Wegman's and shopped for groceries.  I may start throwing out some of the groceries so I have reason to go back tomorrow for another sub.  We need these stores in Florida.  Publix does not cut it.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

😂😂😂

As an adopted Bills fans from out of state, the Go Bills trademark is a point of pride and a way to connect to the wider Bills community outside of WNY, since Buffalo is basically where I’m never at—my family usually places a friendly wager on how many Go Bills we will get/give anywhere we go when rocking the gear, and usually hit the over!  😂

2 hours ago, Augie said:

@Augie, I know I’m getting old when the thought of getting a new Aldi less than 5 min from my house, or getting to stop in at the Lidl that opened 10 min away, brings a smile to my face 😅

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, LabattBlue said:

😂😂😂

"get off my lawn."  ;) 

living outside of Buffalo, I like seeing Bills fans around outside of Buffalo.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2

Was in Milford, CT restaurant a couple weeks back and the host noticed my red standing bison/black on black camo hat. Gave me a direct look trying to figure it out. As we turned, he seen NFL Bills (small print) on back. Much relieved, he said: "I knew, just couldn't place it!" Turned out he was from NYC and went to UB. He comped us dessert! 😊 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

I detest that airport. 

I'd always book a room at the Hyatt in the airport a day before flying out. I'd eat breakfast then chill in my room until it was time to board the aircraft

7 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Love Field in Dallas is bad also.  That is the almost totally SWA connection point.

The hub

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cwater10 said:

It is completely normal.  I've been back in Buffalo from SW Florida this weekend.  Since landing yesterday, I have eaten two meals at Wegman's and shopped for groceries.  I may start throwing out some of the groceries so I have reason to go back tomorrow for another sub.  We need these stores in Florida.  Publix does not cut it.

Publix is awesome dude. A Pub Sub is as good as any Wegmans sub. I also came back from FL yesterday and Publix is a go store. They have my back. Subs, rotisserie chickens and anything you need. Love Wegmans, but also love Publix in the absence of Wegmans.

Edited by beerme1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.