Per Daily News: Giants Eyeing Beasley as FA Target and May Trade for Gabe Davis

ChevyVanMiller

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd trade Davis for a 1st.

I’d trade him for a 3rd. 

edit: he’s a 1 year rental at this point.  I don’t think he’s worth the money he’ll command.  He’s like a lesser Alvin Harper.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd trade Davis for a 1st.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d trade him for a 3rd. 

edit: he’s a 1 year rental at this point.  I don’t think he’s worth the money he’ll command.  He’s like a lesser Alvin Harper.  

I like him more than most people here but I'd trade him for 2nd.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I like him more than most people here but I'd trade him for 2nd.

I like him, don’t get me wrong.  I like him like I like Tremaine and Ed.  Good players but not good enough to pay them what another team would.  I love Poyer, but I don’t think we should pay him more than 10-11M a year.  

I see every player on the last year of their contract as a possible trade chip.  If we don’t think we’re going to be able to afford them, trading them could be the best option.  

Not always the case when competing for a SB, but in hindsight (not winning the SB), trading tremaine last offseason likely would have reaped a greater benefit than by losing him in FA.  

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The author said that Davis has shown “#1 ability”….. lol.  And he gets paid to write 

Bart Scott said Gabe Davis is like Tee Higgins on ESPN this morning. 

Hey, if it brings back a high pick… Gabe Davis is Jerry Rice.  Make it happen. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

But the conductor is decidedly inferior as will the resultant music

47 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d trade him for a 3rd. 

A player-for-player trade is more interesting. I dont know their OL or DL but I wonder if there is one we would like to have in return.

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But the conductor is decidedly inferior as will the resultant music

Giants/Jones play in the NFC.  

Carr to an AFC team, whatever.  

Carr to an NFC team, interesting…

Entirely different ball game. 

29 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not ready to give up on Davis just yet. Needs another year imo

Agree 100%. Guys with his work ethic and his potential* do not come around often. 

I realize he hasn’t played up to his potential yet, but scares me to give him up 

59 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I can see TSW thread title now: 'Why Daniel Jones for Josh Allen was  a good move'. 🤨🙄

Lol, I gotta give it to Jones, it’s takes REAL talent to get 40M a year for an average of less than 1TD per game for 3 consecutive seasons.   Or maybe his agent is that good, whatever.  

If the Giants/Schoen/Daboll truly do want Davis..

Id consider it, but I’d probably want their RD1.  Am I correct in seeing that their pick is #25?

25, yea.  57… probably but I’d have to think about it. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not a word about this on the Giants forum They must be asleep at the wheel, lol.

Also, they have the picks to give, as they were awarded a 5th and a 7th by the NFL yesterday in comp picks, plus they get KC's comp 3rd from the Toney trade.

Edited by chongli

Davis is better than one would think if they only read this board and did show flashes of WR1 ability. You can’t watch his KC playoff game performance and say otherwise.

Distinction being he of course did not regularly show that ability. He regularly showed to be anywhere from a top WR2 to top WR3. 

We need 3 starting quality WRs and currently have 2 in Diggs and Davis. Getting rid of one would really have to be worth it to create that hole. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The author said that Davis has shown “#1 ability”….. lol.  And he gets paid to write 

He has in a playoff game.  The word "shown" is past tense.

38 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m in the group while not in love with Davis, I’m not sure we should move in from him…unless there’s a real wr plan in place. 

No reason to move on with him yet.  Last year during offseason he worked on getting into best shape which he did.  This offseason he needs to find a mentor and work on other football skills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If we could get a 2nd for Gabe Davis that would be a home run. Trade Oliver too while you’re at it and don’t be picky if it’s for 2024 picks and not just 2023 picks. Time to play the draft/compensation game, it’s the only way to stay competitive long term when you have a QB making $45M/yr. Copy what New England did for all those years. Maybe we can get a 5th for McKenzie too? 🧐🤔

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He has in a playoff game.  The word "shown" is past tense.

No reason to move on with him yet.  Last year during offseason he worked on getting into best shape which he did.  This offseason he needs to find a mentor and work on other football skills.

He had a great game playing opposite a true #1 who was getting all of the defenses attention….leaving him matched up 1 on 1 vs below average defenders.  

Looks like where we differ is don’t think that having one great game = shown #1 ability.  To me, that was Josh being the best player on the planet and taking what the defense gave him.  Gabe played a great game, but him being a #1 never entered my mind.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Bart Scott said Gabe Davis is like Tee Higgins on ESPN this morning. 

Hey, if it brings back a high pick… Gabe Davis is Jerry Rice.  Make it happen. 

Ya he's on ESPN NYC radio and all the radio guys love Davis coming to the Giants. 

They probably just see his highlight reel and think he's a legit 1a 1b option, which he definitely is not but a great piece to have for sure if you have 1 or 2 elite WR

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Not a word about this on the Giants forum They must be asleep at the wheel, lol.

Also, they have the picks to give, as they were awarded a 5th and a 7th by the NFL yesterday in comp picks, plus they get KC's comp 3rd from the Toney trade. I

Shakir will be a great slot guy going forward 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If we can get a 2nd rounder for Gabe Davis, you take it and ask no questions.  Every player on this roster is replaceable other than Josh, Diggs, and Milano.  

Not sure you find a WR even as good as Davis in round 2 this year - not that Giants would even entertain that trade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.