Per Daily News: Giants Eyeing Beasley as FA Target and May Trade for Gabe Davis

ChevyVanMiller

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He absolutely did, in 3 specific games. 

I think the game in which he showed the most “#1 ability” was the Colts playoff game.

I don’t think I view “shown #1 ability” in the same way that some of you guys do.  

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think the game in which he showed the most “#1 ability” was the Colts playoff game.

I don’t think I view “shown #1 ability” in the same way that some of you guys do.  

That was one, clutch plays contested catches.

But if you don’t think the 171 and 201 yd games combining for 6 touchdowns fit here, then yeah- you want something different from your top wr then the yards and TDs thing I like. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

But if you don’t think the 171 and 201 yd games combining for 6 touchdowns fit here, then yeah- you want something different from your top wr then the yards and TDs thing I like. 

I feel that showing #1 ability is more than catching passes and accumulating stats.  

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, wppete said:

no way. How about Davis and McKenzie for Saquan Barkley? I’ll take that. 

Barkley is tagged, can they trade for him without being required to give up the two #1 picks to the Giants? Or is that only if an team offers more and signs him away? And who are their replacements at WR? (Even though they have stone hands) 

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Maybe Daboll thinks he can’t get to the mountain top with those Bills players since they can’t in WNY. 

If someone is dumb enough to give me a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Gabe, do it immediately. 

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

2 games hardly screams consistency. And his catch rate validates that.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, par73 said:

Davis has not shown he is a #2, but if you deal him (I would take a 2nd round pick), who do you replace him with? WR is a current need, and that would open another hole.

You draft Marvin Mims, and Jonathan Mingo. I love both guys and they both bring something different at the WR position. 

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If someone is dumb enough to give me a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Gabe, do it immediately. 

2 games hardly screams consistency. And his catch rate validates that.  

How’d you get consistency out of he had exactly 3 really good games?? 🙄

You may not be aware, but he’s actually played in over 50, if you count the playoffs. That was inferred but apologetically not spelled out. 

also quite positive nobody is dumb enough to give you picks for Gabe. 

• Like (+1) 1

We're not trading a productive starting WR on a rookie contract for draft picks in a year where we're trying to make it to the Super Bowl.

I don't care how much the fan base wants to hate on Gabe Davis or think that he should be a 1000 yard guy on a team with a clear #1

Do we need to improve the position as a whole?  Absolutely

But not at the expense of a cheap and viable starter when we need as many of those as we can get these days

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d trade him for a 3rd. 

edit: he’s a 1 year rental at this point.  I don’t think he’s worth the money he’ll command.  He’s like a lesser Alvin Harper.  

I'd trade him for Hodgins!

(just kidding)

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

we just need 2 rookie WRs, 3 rookie OL, and a rookie RB.  Than add a rookie MLB and FS.  Then SuperBowl baby! 

When you combine those rookies with our super deep dline rotation, no one will be able to stop us. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The author said that Davis has shown “#1 ability”….. lol.  And he gets paid to write 

Is anybody mad about this? I’m have nooo problem with journalists propping up his perceived value.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not ready to give up on Davis just yet. Needs another year imo

Ok, so best case scenario he has one good season, then what?

If you trade him for a draft pick you might get similar production AND actually have a future.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, par73 said:

Davis has not shown he is a #2, but if you deal him (I would take a 2nd round pick), who do you replace him with? WR is a current need, and that would open another hole.

You replace Davis with D Hopkins/M Evans, maybe B Cooks.  Looking for more of an upgrade than a replacement. 

Move on from Beas + McKenzie and give Shakir more playing time.

2 hours ago, par73 said:

Not that I’m advocating for moving on Davis, but if you’re going to do it use the 2nd on Hopkins. That’s about all I can suggest.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.