Bengals @ Bills - 1st Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Believer said:

That punt call says it all… No confidence in our QB and Offense to get the first down… And no confidence in our Defense to stop Burrows from setting up a score in 35 seconds… McDermott is such a disappointment…

You wanna give cincy the ball on the 40 if you miss with a couple timeouts?  

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

This game is close to being over. Not quite but very close. I say this because the Bengals are superior in the trenches. 

disagree. We get the ball in 3rd quarter dont go there quite yet man! 🙂.. B ut I agree about the trenches unfortunately

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

and this team never makes any adjustments will be more of the same in the 2nd half

They've generally been much better in 2nd halfs this year (despite a stretch of god awful 3rd quarters). They are bad at 'in-game' adjustments. I'm not saying I have faith they'll do anything in this particular game, but they have been successful at it. 

Edited by Malazan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

But if you don’t get the first you’re giving that team you can’t stop probably another td before halftime. Do you have any confidence in our team picking up a 3rd/4th and long the way the oline is playing?

No but at a minimum I try to get them to jump, they got them to jump 4 plays before. Then you line up and see what the coverage is for a 4th and 5. If you don't like it, timeout punt. If you like it, let josh cook. Bills needed points bad there, it's going to be a real battle now

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I'd go with 3 down lineman because 4 -5 aren't getting there anyway.  Put more players on the back end.

They then run it, with points on the board. Defense has to step up regardless, the tackles 5 yards down the field won’t do much

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

I think this fanbase will be unpleasantly surprised when Edmunds leaves.

I'm sure we can dig up a LB who chases a double covered RB in the flat and leave the middle zone wide open.  Or puts a hand on a RB 7 yards past the LOS.

Hundreds of those guys are looking for jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

Cinci 2nd half gameplan

Keep chipping the Bills, look for whatever they give you.

Keep the pace on the Bengals - make the Bills keep up. You're winning. 

Start hiding coverages. Don't let Josh run. Haven't yet. Don't let it happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We tried two checkdowns on that drive. One tipped, one off the hands of Singletary. Sorry guys but checking the ball down is not the secret to unlocking this offense. We are not blocking or getting open consistently enough, that's the problem.

This is only a 3 point game if we come back out and score.  Im okay with that