Bengals @ Bills - 1st Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, LondonBill said:

We've adapted to them quite well after a horror start. 

But we just look short on the players we need to compete this deep into the season. 

On the upside, it's a lot closer than it could be. That punt felt like a grown-up call to me.

Adapted? More time in the clock and they score again…that last drive was again too easy 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can’t wait for the draft where we take S, DL, and LB with our first 3 picks.

I’m legitimately scared about next season and the draft. 

It is blatantly obvious that we need a revamped O-Line (not just a guy or two. We need the whole thing). 

We also need more help on the D-Line… especially with Von out for who knows how long (or not knowing how he’ll come back). 

Poyer and Hyde will need upgrades… and if Tre continues to be below average, we may need another CB.

We need more receiving help. We need a true #2 WR. 

The concern is… all we heard at the beginning of the season was “the Bills are the deepest team in the league. No holes.”   Now we have too many holes to count… we’ll have a late draft pick.. and we’re not in a great position salary cap wise.  Gonna be interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, appoo said:

And after all that, it’s 17 points given up

With the extra possesion BUT numbers don’t always tell the whole story this defense has been toyed with today.  Maybe it’s the footing but it looks exactly how the first quarter in Cincinnati did.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jamone said:

Why is everything so easy for other teams and so hard for Buffalo? 

because the bills D is a keep it in front and let the other team make a mistake style defense. Short passes are there by design.

on offense the bills refuse to throw short/underneath/check downs, the is making it more tough. OLine has to block longer, lower percentage passes, etc

Edited by iccrewman112

You know where do we go from here if we lose..pending free agents, Milano will be 29. Diggs will be 30 next year. Miller will be 34 coming off a torn acl. There’s not a lot of explosiveness on either side. Other afc teams are coming. Not a good feeling

Edited by BillsSbSoon

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Offense needs to find some rhythm in the 2nd half. Deep pass game is not going to work. Get Cook on the field more, get the ball in his hands on quick completions.

What makes you think our coaches/Allen will do anything differently?  It’s been multiple games like this 

1 minute ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

They then run it, with points on the board. Defense has to step up regardless, the tackles 5 yards down the field won’t do much

They are running it now and we're tackling them more than 5 yards down field.  Getting killed up front.   3-4 can still stop the run.  

• Simon unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Chugga said:

I think this fanbase will be unpleasantly surprised when Edmunds leaves.

I thought Edmunds made strides earlier in the year... but lately, he looks like he's regressed to me.

Our secondary is hot garbage and we have a d-line that gets no pressure.  Not sure how Edmunds might look if we had more guys winning their one-on-one battles. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Selling the afc title game tickets early did us no favors. They had bulletin board stuff all week. 

They do that for every team every year. All of the other divisional teams with potential home games sold championship game tickets. It only is bulletin board material because Mixon is dumb.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Trock said:

I can’t handle another year of Frazier. Please dear lord, please let him find another job or get fired. I’ll donate $100 to buffalos finest charity. 

It's McDermott... imagine Andy Reid blaming his offensive coordinator, Belichick blaming his defensive coordinator, or Kyle Shanahan blaming his OC...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

With the extra possesion BUT numbers don’t always tell the whole story this defense has been toyed with today.  Maybe it’s the footing but it looks exactly how the first quarter in Cincinnati did.  

Got a punt and FG forced. It’s been bad at times but they’ve been a lot better since about half way through the 2nd drive