Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, Behindenemylines said:

Frazier needs to be gone before he leaves the parking lot. No excuses 

and Dorsey should be right behind him 

Agreed.. no run game no screens no short pass game. For a few years now!!! Time to do something 

1 minute ago, Mopreme said:

Its unreal. They had backups at offensive line and Bills are loaded with 1st and 2nd picks in defensive line. Bills got dominated. Beane needs to go. He cannot draft and got lucky with Allen.  

I feel like this is an overreaction but it also kinda makes sense. 

Just now, IndyMark said:

It was super "Billsy" that the hardest hit our defense put out today was on each other.  I do think McD should be closely examined and exit interviewed as he has stalled in his own "growth mindset".

He actually looks to have regressed as a coach.

This was a mortifying loss.  Big Ed got tossed around like a rag doll, Saffold spectated, Brown was overwhelmed and it did not look like our players were prepared to play tackle football with any strategy or philosophy or purpose.

Cincinnati came to play football and we came to do a walk through.

Lol exit interview with whom?  

The Bills will continue to be a top 7-8 team in the league, but the days of them being considered a top 3 team are long gone now. This team needs serious rebuilding. Josh can’t do it himself. I think after today McDermott and Beane will finally realize they need to change things up. Bills must improve OL and secondary. Hopefully they do. 

Haha - what a total f’ing embarrassment.

If we have it our all and came up short so be it.  This was disgusting. 

Why wouldn’t we lose the season like this?  It’s Buffalo. 

I don’t envy Brandon Beane right now. He will have some very tough decisions to make. 

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

McD has some admirable qualities, but is he cut out to win a championship? I don’t think so at this point. 

He’d be better suited to helping another floundering franchise rebuild. We’ve got an elite, generational QB being wasted on a soft culture and routinely poor in game management. 

I don’t see how he gets fired this year, but I honestly don’t think a coordinator swap changes the problem at the top right now. 

I think McD is a good HC - but he should have canned Frazier last year instead of drinking the cool aid and getting Miller. 

this D blows chunks 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Conservative Defense doesn't work in the nfl anymore...it had a short stint of success with love Smith and Tony Dungey....it's long since been figure out....bend but don't break BREAKS

I really think the today had to do with the weather and scheme/skill set of the players not matching well with what cinci does well

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

I don’t see how he gets fired this year, but I honestly don’t think a coordinator swap changes the problem at the top right now. 

Bills are the Chargers of the 70s, Browns of the 80s right now. Great team, just not good enough. 

Last season's choke job in KC was the signal to change, but they were reluctant to do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Red King said:

NFL saves face.  No neutral site AFCCG.  That's why the refs were against us.

That being said, we got outplayed and owned.  Both coordinators need to go.  We were outcoached.  Yes, missing Von Miller hurt bad, but the rest of the team needed to put up a better fight.  This team was utterly unprepared.  Completely.

Time to stop making excuses, and start making changes.

Officiating was fine. Bills DL lost the game. 

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

All this team needs is:

Running back

Wide receiver

Overhaul the offensive line

Overhaul the defensive line

Middle linebacker if Edmonds leaves

Safeties

Corner if Elam is a bust  

And another corner for Tre, seeing as he is no longer the same player.

1 minute ago, TuelTime said:

He has been absolutely horrible with decisions like this. Makes no sense to not kick the FG and attempt an onside kick. He is bad with challenges, and timeouts too. He isn't a good coach.

In game coaching has been bad.  Rarely does he know what to do when off script coaching  / quick decisions are needed.