We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

8 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

That Bengals team looked beatable just now. We surely did too today but ours was all self-inflicted. 

I don’t know if you caught it but they are actually a lower seed. Teams have beat them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Seeing what the Ravens were able to do defensively gives me hope for the bills, but they gotta clean up the sloppiness 

I don't think we will get as lucky as the ravens did with the drops the Bengals had.  The over under for this game will be in the high 60's if not 70's.  Going to be an arms race.  

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Not really,  but I appreciate your confidence.

Is this topic really worth arguing over?

Unless the game is moved to a neutral site, the Bills are three-point favorites. It’s not a toss-up in the eyes of the bookmakers.

Why the heck is the opening over under only 50.5?  That's ridiculous.  Everyone jump on the over now.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Unless the game is moved to a neutral site, the Bills are three-point favorites. It’s not a toss-up in the eyes of the bookmakers.

You get 3 points for being the home team.  It's a toss up.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Why the heck is the opening over under only 50.5?  That's ridiculous.  Everyone jump on the over now.  

Was the game moved to a neutral site?

3 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

You don’t get 3 being the home team anymore. It’s usually 1.5 or so, but it varies from game to game. I posted an article on this up thread. 

I can’t see us winning this game.  Bills have been playing poorly for the final 2/3 of the season.  They are a good team so they win even tho they play poorly.  And that Miami game - wow.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Bills play a worse game and still win.  Maybe a few losses this year would have woken this team up and they could have refocused?

we will have to see an entirely different team take the field this week, or I think we lose big.  Miami was dreadful and we were lucky to win.  I was embarrassed to be wearing bills gear at a bar watching that Miami debacle.   We play even a little like that v the bengals and it’ll be 50-13

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I don't think we will get as lucky as the ravens did with the drops the Bengals had.  The over under for this game will be in the high 60's if not 70's.  Going to be an arms race.  Hold on.  

People keep on acting like the Bengals are unbeatable, but then every time I watch them, they seem to be in tight games with the other team, holding their own

I think that what it is is teams are afraid of their potential to be a dominant team not necessarily that they are a dominant team kind of like the bills. The bills are capable of playing so much better than they have been.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I can’t see us winning this game.  Bills have been playing poorly for the final 2/3 of the season.  They are a good team so they win even tho they play poorly.  And that Miami game - wow.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Bills play a worse game and still win.  Maybe a few losses this year would have woken this team up and they could have refocused?

we will have to see an entirely different team take the field this week, or I think we lose big.  Miami was dreadful and we were lucky to win.  I was embarrassed to be wearing bills gear at a bar watching that Miami debacle.   We play even a little like that v the bengals and it’ll be 50-13

Played so poorly they haven’t lost in two months

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, peterpan said:

ok, we’ll…I’m a little more optimistic than glass half shattered guy here, but you do make accurate points, PP.

can the Bills overcome them?  That’s the question.

Are we telling ourselves as of Monday that next weekend there will be no turnovers, good protection, Josh taking obvious plays and our pass rush actually getting in to cause heat on Burroughs, all the while making tackles on 3rd or 4th down?

Even without any of that we have been able to win, but these Bengals are just a different animal. We win a lot.  They do, too, and something’s gotta give.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Almost feel because they won and played like ***** it will benefit the Bills this week to play better or risk losing 

did I want that?  No!!!  Did they?  I don’t believe so and was it strategy absolutely not

BUT they could use it as motivation to be hotter for an entire 60 minites

they felt a blowout and took their foot off the gas and had a hard time getting back on it

I will say I feel Miami is better than baltimore

esoecially without lamar

and I wasn’t all that impressed that it took a fluke fumble at their one yard line and a magical recovery for a score to beat baltimore.

ravens had them beat - plain and simple 

• Like (+1) 1

we totally out played miami ....total yards 423 to  231

score woulda shoulda coulda been lopsided bills

none of it means anything anymore

bills are rightfully a slight favorite at home vs a very dangerous cincy

time for the bounces to go our way

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As others have stated getting pressure with our front four is critical. Please tighten up the tackling and better 3rd down D.

Offensively make the plays that are there and value the ball. Frankly, if this team would stop the numerous self inflicted mistakes that occur each week most games wouldn’t be close. 

Lastly why complain about what time we play? There are 4 teams left in the AFC and we’re one of them! Perspective! 

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Will they be pulling for the Bengals as much as they were the Dolphins?

Why do you say they were pulling for the Dolphins? I heard no such thing.

Romo said it was going to be closer than anyone thought and he was right. Nantz kept saying how shocking it was that Miami was tied or in the lead. So were we.

Romo and Nantz love Buffalo, Allen, and the Bills. Like any announcing #1 crew they follow the best teams. We are one of them now. We weren't for a long time. Maybe you have PTSD from the drought. There has never been a media bias against Buffalo. The media is biased against losers. We are not losers anymore and the media collectively loves the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He sure did , I noticed that too… cheap shot artist . Hopefully he gets his comeuppance next Sunday 

Well wait - he's going to find the full speed version - cause everyone knows to see what really happens on video its better to speed it up than slow it down

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Folks need to just accept the Bengals are scoring 27-34 points.  

This defense is a hot mess without Hyde, his back up, and Miller.  

More importantly, Oliver is not close to 100 percent.  Neither is Poyer.  And Philips being out is a big deal.  

It can be over come because of our O.  So we need to take every possession as if we need 7 - Josh can’t slack and Dorsey needs to be on point.  

This is what I said but I was called a joe burrow simp. Bengals are scoring 35 points, just move and accept that. What have our DBs and Frazier done to make you think we can stop them? Josh has to be perfect this time. There are advantages there to be had. Eli Apple can be worked for sure but josh doesn’t have the kind of weapons that burrow has and I’m worried he’s going to be running for his life again with how bad our o line is and how good Hendrickson is. 

8 hours ago, arcane said:

We dont have the Ravens' D? 

Weren't they the worst pass defense through a fairly significant stretch of the schedule? 

Use your eyes and not just stats, they’re misleading. We don’t have a Marcus Peter’s or Marlon Humphrey or Kyle Hamilton. They match up way better with the bengals than we do plus they’re a division opponent. I’m glad you have confidence in frazier though. That’s a bold strategy. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is what I said but I was called a joe burrow simp. Bengals are scoring 35 points, just move and accept that. What have our DBs and Frazier done to make you think we can stop them? Josh has to be perfect this time. There are advantages there to be had. Eli Apple can be worked for sure but josh doesn’t have the kind of weapons that burrow has and I’m worried he’s going to be running for his life again with how bad our o line is and how good Hendrickson is. 

Use your eyes and not just stats, they’re misleading. We don’t have a Marcus Peter’s or Marlon Humphrey or Kyle Hamilton. They match up way better with the bengals than we do plus they’re a division opponent. I’m glad you have confidence in frazier though. That’s a bold strategy. 

They’re also down 3 (now maybe 4) linemen. This amazing offense only scored 17 last night, so they can certainly be stopped, I’m not saying they won’t put up 35, but they didn’t against worse defenses. I think they’re going to have to run a pretty quick hit offense and will have difficulty running the ball (as they have all year) which plays right into the Bills hands

11 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

The only teams that the Bengals have scored 35 or more points on all year have been the Steelers, Panthers and Falcons. All of their playoff wins last year came down to the final possession. Even with all those weapons and with how good Burrow is they don’t tend to blow teams out. You know that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Up to 4 points now apparently 

it was 5. just got done browsing the books as i learn more about it.

most bets coming in for bengals to cover. it moved 4.5 to 5 because of early money.

the moneyline is still -210 for buf, +180 for cinci.

We're obviously not Bmores defense, but have some very good players of our own.

I'd be watching what the Ravens do against that offense, it's one of few teams that have held them in check.  Big part of that has been limiting Tee Higgins...and shutting down the run game.

Hopefully Jordan Phillips is ready, we need all hands on deck for our dline to create havoc

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'd be watching what the Ravens do against that offense, it's one of few teams that have held them in check.  Big part of that has been limiting Tee Higgins...and shutting down the run game.

Hopefully Jordan Phillips is ready, we need all hands on deck for our dline to create havoc

I got the feeling Baltimore conceded Chase and dared Cinci to beat them with anybody else. Good observation about stopping their run game, too. That is paramount.

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

For all the criticism he gets, Frasier has been very good at limiting key offensive players this season. The issue with the Bengals is they can hurt the Bills in numerous ways - Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Mixon - rather than with one or two players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Eli Apple is their top corner back.... I think Diggs and Gabe are essential in this game. And if they keep both safties deep, Josh needs to use Cook and Motor underneath.

I think Josh got all the jitters out this week and has a solid game this week without the turnovers. If we can limit Chase and Higgins, I think it's a Bills win at Home 

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Like (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5
46 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

??? 

We have an improving Tre White who is better than all those guys. We have a rookie first round pick that played well yesterday. Hopefully McD stops being conservative and starts Elam over Jackson and Benford.

And Poyer is as good a safety as anyin the NFL. Though I must admit Poeyer has looked shaky dropping on coverage lately.

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

For all the criticism he gets, Frasier has been very good at limiting key offensive players this season. The issue with the Bengals is they can hurt the Bills in numerous ways - Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Mixon - rather than with one or two players.

jj?

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

??? 

We have an improving Tre White who is better than all those guys. We have a rookie first round pick that played well yesterday. Hopefully McD stops being conservative and starts Elam over Jackson and Benford.

And Poyer is as good a safety as anyin the NFL. Though I must admit Poeyer has looked shaky dropping on coverage lately.

Tre isn’t Humphrey. Especially not after the injury. Agree with Elam needing to start. I’ll be as mad as everyone else when they trot Jackson out there Sunday and he gets torched at the catch point