We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

Just now, Caesar said:

I understand that you are mod but comparing Thompson with all of 100 attempts is silly.

He reads the entire field where Huntley is limited to half reads at best

He makes multiple throws that Huntley simply cannot make

He's probably got better feet, although that is closer

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

After a Tyler Bass kickoff went out of bounds, the Dolphins drove 38 yards for a field goal. 

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a field goal.

After a 50-yard punt return, the Dolphins drove 8 yards for a field goal.  

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a touchdown.

After a Josh Allen fumble, the Dolphins returned the fumble 5 yards for a touchdown. 

Add it up.  24 points.  82 total yards of offense. 

They ended up with about 230yrds of total offense on nearly 70 plays

@Simonhope don't mind. This is truth. Why ignoring this?

That’s some crazy stuff right there, hopefully next week they can clean that up and have a few short drives of their own! 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tyler Huntley lost to Kenny Pickett 

Thompson has ONE win in his entire career, why you guys hating on snoop?  Is it because the 7th rounder almost got you at home today?  Not being an ass but the kid looked scared to death, Missed Hill multiple times, couldnt get the snap off....

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Anyone that knows ball knows that Huntley is not considered a chump like that guy, he couldnt even get a play off in time.  If you can provide ONE source that says Skyler is better Im open to reading it.

Anyone who knows football can't be all that impressed with Huntley. Especially after watching him in a couple of games. And unlike Baltimore with it's anemic set of offense skill players not named Andrews Miami has two of the most dangerous WR's in the NFL. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills logo in his avatar is really a “compliment” even though it’s in Bengals stripes. 

I can change the Avatar, did for Damar...  most of Bengals fans have always liked the Bills, especially Josh.  But some real ***** on here that are too childish to hear a different opinion... 

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Did the bills give up 31 to Skylar?  Lol there was one pretty good offensive drive for Miami and the rest was all short fields/ a fumble six.  

They surrendered only 231 yards made them settle for three field goals.  They forced five punts, two turnovers, and six three and outs.  The Fins only had one drive out of 15 where they went for more than 38 yards.  That will win you most games.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Anyone who knows football can't be all that impressed with Huntley. Especially after watching him in a couple of games. And unlike Baltimore with it's anemic set of offense skill players not named Andrews Miami has two of the most dangerous WR's in the NFL. 

Absolutely not impressed with Huntely but Thompson was awful, Snoop wasnt scared like a deer in the headlights at the end of the game.

Just now, Caesar said:

I can change the Avatar, did for Damar...  most of Bengals fans have always liked the Bills, especially Josh.  But some real ***** on here that are too childish to hear a different opinion... 

says the Bengals fan who is on a Bills board lecturing fans about Huntley v Thompson and using phrases like “real fans”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I found myself far more often pleased with the defensive play and discipline than upset with it. This view is matched by every trusted football mind I've come across discussing this game, particularly the film guys at cover 1. I genuinely don't know what game some of you were watching. Our offense had four straight drives of:

interception, return deep into buf territory

punt return deep into buf territory

interception deeeeeeeeeeep into buf territory

fumble rec TD

the defense gave up one touchdown in that circumstance to a team with 2 of the best offensive weapons in the league

the defense gave up 1 touchdown on a legit drive out of like 15 drives

the defense gave up far less than 300 yards of offense despite being hung out to dry repeatedly for 5 hours 

the defense held hill and waddle to far less than half of their average per game combined production

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True but their argument is if they beat the Bills they would've had the two seed.  Honestly, they have a point.

I would have understood this match up having to be played in Cinci. They specifically lost this game from the regular season. 

We sorta owe them one. 

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

This is projecting, big time.

3 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

The defense is going to be on the field longer.  Burrow is good on 3rd downs and Frazier doesn't pressure.  Bills will need turnovers imo.

Hate to be stat guy but we are the best in the league on offense at converting 3rd downs. So can't that argument be said for us keeping them on the field longer?

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Agree 2

Just now, Caesar said:

You still crying about Trey and his NON-ROLL into Josh?  Geez, have you not seen the full speed replay yet?

Nope we don’t have TVs up here in Buffalo.

Only Cincinnati Ohio has been blessed with the internet. 

Just now, Caesar said:

You started off as a pouty little thing... Im just talking football, why is your feelings so fragile?

You quoted me first and got this started Bengals fan. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

You started off as a pouty little thing... Im just talking football, why is your feelings so fragile?

Doesn't Jungle Noise not allow posters from other teams? [Not relevant to the post exchange, but just asking.]

Edited by chongli

Just now, Caesar said:

You still crying about Trey and his NON-ROLL into Josh?  Geez, have you not seen the full speed replay yet?

That was intentional for sure. He takes a look and then goes for another rotation. He also slammed into the back of a Ravens lineman tonight injuring him well after the play was done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

That was intentional for sure. He takes a look and then goes for another rotation. He also slammed into the back of a Ravens lineman tonight injuring him well after the play was done.

Yes that was the injury to Moses

dude is slimy af

Just now, DapperCam said:

This is a huge lie, he does not take another rotation, the guy rolls exactly once... someone on Twitter posted it to a Bills fan, I'll try to find it.

You guys need to learn some science called momentum - he's a big dude coming hard and being pushed.  Did you see him check on the Ravens player?

Bengals are very clearly beatable.  They switch off in second halves and have been doing this all year.  Bills are obviously also very up and down of late  but if they start hot I don’t think the Bengals can flick the switch they need to drag back a decent deficit.  I know they recently did exactly that against Brady a few weeks back but that was more Brady falling over himself to give them the ball back rather than anything Joe and co did to arrest the slide.  

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Hate to be stat guy but we are the best in the league on offense at converting 3rd downs. So can't that argument be said for us keeping them on the field longer?

I don't think the Bills have played any QB's the calibre of Joe Burrow in a long while. Mahomes maybe.  Bills are going to have to want it bad like they wanted it against KC in KC.  

Just now, Reverse Meathead said:

I don't think the Bills have played any QB's the calibre of Joe Burrow in a long while. Mahomes maybe.  Bills are going to have to want it bad like they wanted it against KC in KC.  

Lol come on man read what you just posted. Of course they want it bad. If you even have to question how motivated this team is for a superbowl then you haven't been paying attention 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Main reason I am here, any injuries vs the Dolphins?

The Bengals lost their LT, looks like a knee, he is already playing on a dislocated kneecap and he has a prior ACL...
RT out for the year
RG out for the year

I dont think any other players who were dinged up stayed out...

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Absolutely not impressed with Huntely but Thompson was awful, Snoop wasnt scared like a deer in the headlights at the end of the game.

Both the games today were 3rd time interdivional games which are often very tight contests no matter any talent discrepancies between the teams.  Both games today also were very weird with a lot of odd bounces of the ball.  And while stats tell only a part of the story I think the numbers for these games were enlightening:

First Downs

Bengals 18  Ravens 25

Bills 25  Dolphins 16

Total Yards

Bengals 234  Ravens 364

Bills 423  Dolphins 234

The Bills played a better game with the exception of the turnovers.  If Buffalo turns the ball over against Cincinnati as often as they did today against Miami they will probably lose the game.  On the other hand if they can take better care of the ball I like the Bills chances to beat the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillzFreak said:

Lol come on man read what you just posted. Of course they want it bad. If you even have to question how motivated this team is for a superbowl then you haven't been paying attention 

How am I not paying attention?  They didn't look that way against Cincy to start the game and all the other games Josh says he has to be better.  Trust me, I'm paying better attention than some.

2 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

I mean... there are only 2 QBs in the league that are on the same level or better than Burrow and the Bills can't play against one of them

• Haha (+1) 3