We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

We have seen both and the Ravens are better, no way they give up 31 to Dolphins at home with that QB they had.  

I think the Bills dline and linebackers will do well vs a terrible patchwork oline - but the Ravens are tough against 1st team olines.

The Ravens scored 13 and  lost to Kenny Pickett 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True but their argument is if they beat the Bills they would've had the two seed.  Honestly, they have a point.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. The game never occurred officially, so they couldn’t have won it. If the Bills had won it, they would be the #1 seed and not even playing the Bengals this weekend.

(for the record I was on team coinflip)

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

We have seen both and the Ravens are better, no way they give up 31 to Dolphins at home with that QB they had.  

I think the Bills dline and linebackers will do well vs a terrible patchwork oline - but the Ravens are tough against 1st team olines.

Our offense and special team gave up points to the Dolphins, not our defense.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Not since Roquan was picked up but yes the Bills D is good.  Ravens are not giving up 31 to Skylar and those Dolphins though.  But with Cincy having no oline the Oliver and company should have big games.

Did the bills give up 31 to Skylar?  Lol there was one pretty good offensive drive for Miami and the rest was all short fields/ a fumble six.  

3 total tds, one was a defensive score, one td drive started on the 18.

two of their fg drives started in very good field position due to bad special teams play/an interception.  Their offense hardly did anything  

that game was all about the boom or bust Miami defense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 4

Just now, Caesar said:

Full disclosure I only watched the 4th quarter but it seemed they gave up too many key plays in key situations... how about that?

And you're defense wasn't giving up key plays either. I mean come on you guys had a hard time stopping the ravens as well. 

Just now, DapperCam said:

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. The game never occurred officially, so they couldn’t have won it. If the Bills had won it, they would be the #1 seed and not even playing the Bengals this weekend.

(for the record I was on team coinflip)

It took the destiny out of their hands just like it did for us getting the one seed.  We at least got the neutral site out of it.  They got zilch. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sure checking the stats Bills finished the season better then Baltimore and nearly beat Cincy with their backup qb. 

And Ravens D is way better than Miami's as is their Oline and their backup QB is way better than the Dolphins 3rd stringer.

I think it would be stupid to use these games today as a measuring stick to compare.

I was definitely pulling for the Ravens - but in a way, this kind of challenge is more fun.

I certainly got VERY tired of the narrative on twitter & elsewhere that "the Bengals were on their way to winning that game" from a few weeks ago.  I could only conclude that most of those people haven't watched a full NFL season.

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

While I was rooting for the Ravens (and they certainly had their chances), there was no way we were getting out of this season without squaring off against the bengals. It’s destiny. 

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Bills just need to win. Allen needs to prove he can win these games, and McDermott needs to prove he won't lose them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillzFreak said:

And you're defense wasn't giving up key plays either. I mean come on you guys had a hard time stopping the ravens as well. 

I never mentioned our Defense?  I was talking to the guy who thinks Buffalo has the 85 Bears...

Again their stats since Roquan was just shown today, best in the AFC.  You guys gave up 31 to a terrible QB at home and the Bengals totally sliced up that defense on MNF, cant do that to the Ravens.  I hate them and dont like defending them but heir defense has improved immensely.

If you watched the Bills game you would have seen that 7 of those points were from a defensive score and 3 scores were the results of short fields from turnovers and special teams mistakes.

Those are all reasons the Bills could lose next week, but hard to pin that on the defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

And Ravens D is way better than Miami's as is their Oline and their backup QB is way better than the Dolphins 3rd stringer.

I think it would be stupid to use these games today as a measuring stick to compare.

Use same logic for Bills then. For reasons told you.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Bills had so much sloppy sh*t going on today. Tipped ball INT, Strip sack scoop and score, muffed punt (but recovered), balls grazing blades of grass resulting in incompletions, Diggs TD but not a TD because the ball moved ever so slightly down his leg.  minus 1 turnover ratio. running game was negligible.

Things gotta get cleaned up next week.

The Bengals D is not scary.

Bengals fans TALK a lot of trash about DJ Reader, he tipped one ball today and crashed a run to the left.

Bengals got run on and gave up long drives.

Maybe the Bills aren’t as physical, but Cook was bursting into the second level the first time around.

Get Josh’s ankle back to 100% after the Hendrickson dirt-bag barrel roll and go after Eli Apple and Taylor-Britt. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

He is? 

Anyone that knows ball knows that Huntley is not considered a chump like that guy, he couldnt even get a play off in time.  If you can provide ONE source that says Skyler is better Im open to reading it.

That game was alot like Bills against Ravens in playoffs when Tauron Johnson picks Jackson off and takes it all the way back.  Ravens absolutely haunted by the goal line in the playoffs.  I don't want to face Burrow.  He will dice this defense up and I have seen nothing to the contrary so far.  Bills have their work cut out for them this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

their backup QB is way better than the Dolphins 3rd stringer.

In no version of any multiverse is Huntley better, much less way better, than Thompson right now.

That is categorically not true

Thompson can read the whole field and also made about 15 throws today that Huntley will never,ever be able to make in this league

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bengals D is not scary.

Bengals fans TALK a lot of trash about DJ Reader, he tipped one ball today and crashed a run to the left.

Bengals got run on and gave up long drives.

Maybe the Bills aren’t as physical, but Cook was bursting into the second level the first time around.

Get Josh’s ankle back to 100% after the Hendrickson dirt-bag barrel roll and go after Eli Apple and Taylor-Britt. 

Bengals did not play well today and our oline is now in shambles but to discredit DJ Reader is embarrassing.

Just now, Caesar said:

Anyone that knows ball knows that Huntley is not considered a chump like that guy, he couldnt even get a play off in time.  If you can provide ONE source that says Skyler is better Im open to reading it.

After a Tyler Bass kickoff went out of bounds, the Dolphins drove 38 yards for a field goal. 

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a field goal.

After a 50-yard punt return, the Dolphins drove 8 yards for a field goal.  

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a touchdown.

After a Josh Allen fumble, the Dolphins returned the fumble 5 yards for a touchdown. 

Add it up.  24 points.  82 total yards of offense. 

They ended up with about 230yrds of total offense on nearly 70 plays

@Simonhope don't mind. This is truth. Why ignoring this?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Why do they slightly alter game times for the playoffs? 1:05, not 1. 3 pm, not 4? 

Dunno why they change the times, but I know the Bills game kicked before 1:05 today, so I don't think it matters much, in the grand scheme.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Bills had so much sloppy sh*t going on today. Tipped ball INT, Strip sack scoop and score, muffed punt (but recovered), balls grazing blades of grass resulting in incompletions, Diggs TD but not a TD because the ball moved ever so slightly down his leg.  minus 1 turnover ratio. running game was negligible.

Things gotta get cleaned up next week.

Add on horrible coverage on the punt towards the end of the 1st half.

Just now, Reverse Meathead said:

That game was alot like Bills against Ravens in playoffs when Tauron Johnson picks Jackson off and takes it all the way back.  Ravens absolutely haunted by the goal line in the playoffs.  I don't want to face Burrow.  He will dice this defense up and I have seen nothing to the contrary so far.  Bills have their work cut out for them this week.  

And best believe we have a Qb who can do the same to there defense as well.

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

In no version of any multiverse is Huntley better, much less way better, than Thompson right now.

That is categorically not true

I understand that you are mod but comparing Thompson with all of 100 attempts is silly.

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

After a Tyler Bass kickoff went out of bounds, the Dolphins drove 38 yards for a field goal. 

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a field goal.

After a 50-yard punt return, the Dolphins drove 8 yards for a field goal.  

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a touchdown.

After a Josh Allen fumble, the Dolphins returned the fumble 5 yards for a touchdown. 

Add it up.  24 points.  82 total yards of offense. 

They ended up with about 230yrds of total offense on nearly 70 plays

@Simonhope don't mind. This is truth. Why ignoring this?

Caesar is here to lecture us into submission because we “don’t know ball”, he isn’t here to consider the facts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Bills just need to win. Allen needs to prove he can win these games, and McDermott needs to prove he won't lose them.

Allen is 4 - 3 in the playoffs.  He's already proven he can win these games.  And IMO Allen "won" the KC divisional playoff game last season.  There was NOTHING more Allen could have done in the KC game then lead the Bills to two late 4th quarter TD's, including the apparent game winner with 13 seconds left.

I do agree that McD and the coaching staff have something to prove on the playoff front.  They blew the KC playoff game and the TO's today were head scratchers.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Caesar said:

Bengals did not play well today and our oline is now in shambles but to discredit DJ Reader is embarrassing.

Look who it is.

Didn’t discredit him.

But your fans talk a lot of trash about how unstoppable he is.

The Ravens handled him tonight.

I just don’t know the Bills can replicate forcing the Bengals to take all the underneath check downs.

Man for man the Ravens are a bigger, more physical defense. 

I expect the Bills offense and special teams to play a cleaner game. As for the defense I expect them to study the Ravens tape and find a way to replicate some of the pressure that can make Burrow uncomfortable and lead to turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 2