1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, MJS said:

It's the consecutive deep shots that get us behind the sticks that bothers me. We need to go into dink and dunk mode sometimes.

This is often how our series go.

1st down incompletion.

2nd down run for like 2 yards.

3rd down incompletion.

Punt.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I understand Mia blitzes more than any team but to continuously have these long , low percentage throws is inexcusable 

They go over the middle to the slowest guy on the WR Corp and he gets 30. 

I miss Dabol 

I am firmly prepared to die on this hill. No matter how this season ends, Dorsey needs to be fired. Go get Frank Reich. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

No way. Bills a -1.5 with Cincy at home.

The spreads have been way way off on Bills games this whole year. I thought the spread on this game was out of control. 

I put my money on Miami to cover and it payed. That’s how much faith I had in the Bills.  Knew they weren’t covering that. 

The Bills were just favored at Cincy?

18 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You are correct…When you have nearly 400 yards offense in what would be a supposed C/B- game I don’t think he cares about checkdowns. 

There's time and place. The third from last and second last offensive series in the fourth quarter was not the time to throw deep balls. Even if Dorsey was calling for it, Josh should have been asking him if he had lost his mind. Indeed, after the first deep shot, Dorsey should have been telling Josh to cut it out. Protect the ball, dink and dunk, utilise the run game.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

I am firmly prepared to die on this hill. No matter how this season ends, Dorsey needs to be fired. Go get Frank Reich. 

There can be no 'loyalty'. Dorsey regressed everything about this offense in just the way I thought he would. He's too aggressive and we saw after the first Miami game too emotionally immature. Unfortunately, he's the exact worst fit for Allen and accentuates Allen's worst tendencies. 

Reich would be a good fit as he's a QB friendly guy that is much more of a 'move the ball then take a shot' compared to Dorsey's 'take a shot to setup taking another shot' offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am happy they won not trying to be negative and i know all teams are flawed, its gonna come down to Allen playing much better than today for them to win it all. Defense is too soft at times and offense has no flow and doesn't play smart,  whether that is on Allen or Dorsey not sure, prob both today.

10 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I saw a pregame segment on how Joe Burrow protects the ball so well.  I believe someone at Ohio State worked with him when he was there.  They should start coaching Josh up in that area.

Over the last 7 regular season games Josh had 4 ints.  Burrow had 6.  Burrow had 2 less ints on the season than Josh.

Just now, Malazan said:

There can be no 'loyalty'. Dorsey regressed everything about this offense in just the way I thought he would. He's too aggressive and we saw after the first Miami game too emotionally immature. Unfortunately, he's the exact worst fit for Allen and accentuates Allen's worst tendencies. 

Reich would be a good fit as he's a QB friendly guy that is much more of a 'move the ball then take a shot' compared to Dorsey's 'take a shot to setup taking another shot' offense. 

He was a wonderful influence for Wentz and Foles when Philly won the Super Bowl. I think it's time to bring him home. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not even balanced. They could’ve thrown shorter to intermediate routes all game. Allen wanted to show off.

Honestly they could’ve thrown the ball every snap. Just take what’s there. 

Sometimes you have to let the guys be who they are when they carry you to what would’ve been the best 17 game record in the conference after today 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

No Reich, please!

• Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Fallser said:

The Bills make me wanna SHOUT!

Kick your heels up and SHOUT!

Throw your hands up and SHOUT!

Throw your head back and SHOUT!

C’mon now, the Bills are makin’ it happen now…

Stand up now c’mon and shout..

YEAA-AAAH! YEAA-AAAH!

Say you will

SHOUT it right now baby

Say you will

C’mon c’mon

Say you will

C’mon and SHOUT!

Say you will

YEAAAAAH!

SHOUT! Buffalo’s happenin’ now

SHOUT! We’re on the move now

SHOUT! The Bills are happenin’ now

SHOUT! They’re makin’ it happen now

SHOUT! We’ve got the spirit

SHOUT! A lotta spirit, yeah

SHOUT! We’ve got the spirit

SHOUT! Just watch it happen now

Hey-ayyyyyyy-ayyyyyyyy-ayy! (Hey-ayyyyyyy-ayyyyyyyy-ayy!)

Hey-ayyyyyyy-ayyyyyyyy-ayy! (Hey-ayyyyyyy-ayyyyyyyy-ayy!)

Let's go Buffalo! Let's go Buffalo! Let's go Buffalo! Let's go Buffalo!

The Bills make me wanna SHOUT!

🎶 Bills make me wanna  ...

Crap my pants 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

I miss Daboll

Absolutely. We cant go into the next game with just throwing bombs again. Holy *****, Beasley and Shakir are cable of catching short  passes to move the chains.

This game was ugly, but who really trust anything will be better next week.  This coaching staff is lock in its ways, soft defense  and horrible, non creative offensive play calling.

• Haha (+1) 1

Win and advance but mercy that was ugly on multiple fronts. They did almost everything to give the game to MIA. Not sure where to start.

Knox dropped TD

Bass kicking it out of bounds on KO

Josh interceptions

Josh fumbles

Milano missing easy tackle on 4th down

3rd and long D too many to name)

Shakir drop on 50 yard pass

McDermott in big moments really struggles.  ( I really hope and pray he’s not Marty Sch)

The staff still seems slow to make adjustments.

Diggs almost nothing in the 2nd half.

On the flip side, Davis, Beasley and Elam all showed up big today. Thankfully they did just enough to win against a depleted MIA team.

With all that said I hope they learned today and got all of the crap flushed out!!!!!

Gotta be better going forward!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

yeah i agree Dorsey worries me big time

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.