1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

My only key to winning this game today was no turnovers...

They did not need heroics, just solid execution sans mistakes.

I don't blame Beasley for the INT. That was a DPI for the past decade....

But knowing how that is being called this year Dorsey has to think twice about lobbing passes to the flat when we are deep in our own end of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’M NOT WELL

The heart attack rate in WNY and Bills fans elsewhere has to have gone through the roof during that game

I didn’t drink through that game ‘cuz that’s what I fell into during the streak

Now I need beer 

I need a LOT of beer

And then maybe some more beer

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It’s partially the mechanics of the call. The ref sees zeros then looks to the ball. It can’t be instant. 

I was seeing the game clock on TV, which may not have been in sync... but to my eye, they were snapping the ball one or two seconds after it reached zero... consistently.  They were breaking the huddle with 10-12 seconds on the clock and still getting the snap off.  Maddening to this viewer's eyes.

• Agree 1

It’s like  one screwup starting with a kickoff out of bounds just spirals this team out of control. I wonder why mentally these things happen over and over.. Like honestly just kick it out of bounds and let a 3rd stringer start on the 25. 

Thompson was not good against the Blitz and was far more willing to just throw the ball up. Numerous times on 3rd down we sent just four and he was able to patiently sit back and make something happen. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I have to hear a legitimate defense of Dorsey. The play calls are awful. Terrible offensive game management. Long developing plays with a terrible Oline. There seems to be no game plan whatsoever. Just ad hoc offensive play calls. 

I think Dorsey is awful. Please somebody prove me wrong instead of posting a reaction or just out right insulting me. Make an argument for this turd. 

I think Dorsey might work well with a conservative QB - bring them out of their shell, give them confidence, push them to challenge themselves further. He does not work well with an aggressive QB who doesn't need to be told any of that. Before, Daboll was around to counter the calls and manage the situation. Without him it's too much.

But what I want to know is what happened at the bye. Before, the Bills were playing a lovely balanced offense for the most part. It hasn't looked the same since.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not even balanced. They could’ve thrown shorter to intermediate routes all game. Allen wanted to show off.

Honestly they could’ve thrown the ball every snap. Just take what’s there. 

Allen wasn't showing off. He was flustered from getting blitzed all game and getting the ball out as quickly as he could.

I feel like they need to reign him in and force him to take his check downs in those instances. Simply stop with the go routes on every play.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

Each game takes on a complexion of it's own.  

I agree, but there's a pattern with this offense, that often times look impatinent and lives and dies with the long play, with the quick strike. 

After Damar’s injury, I went into the rest of the season with the idea that we already won the biggest battle. Kept me much more calm this week than I would have been otherwise.

I think in the end, the Dolphins are a gambling team. And it led to a lot of blitzes, a lot of turnovers, and an excruciatingly close game each meeting. All three of our meetings were decided by 3 points or less. But they went 1-2 with their gambles. I don’t think this means we are going to lose against a tougher team next week, to me we just survived the NFL version of Russian Roulette where the Dolphins played like their was nothing to lose, because they had nothing to lose.

Excited to watch next week, whatever that may bring….but go Ravens! Haha

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

It’s like  one screwup starting with a kickoff out of bounds just spirals this team out of control. I wonder why mentally these things happen over and over.. Like honestly just kick it out of bounds and let a 3rd stringer start on the 25. 

Thompson was not good against the Blitz and was far more willing to just throw the ball up. Numerous times on 3rd down we sent just four and he was able to patiently sit back and make something happen. 

Kicking out of bounds was what set them off last disaster slide too

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Media needs to ask why the hell they kept throwing bomb after bomb when it wasn't working

This has been Josh’s go to when he’s not quite sure what’s going on. And if it’s not there, hold the ball and hope the underneath clears out and he can take off.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.