1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This game means nothing next week , whether you win by 3 or 23. This game was close due to turnovers and short fields that resulted  Dorsey needs to give Josh some outlets to hit quickly underneath vs blitzes, I’m not sure either of Allen’s INTs were on him, have to take another look. 

Yep, instead of the short inside slants with Beas or Diggs against the blitz, they're just chucking the ball 50 yards downfield.  

Think we had two consecutive wasted drives in the 4th where they did that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Let's just take a moment to appreciate that we DO have a playoff team, making these January Sundays fun & still making plays that none of our drought teams could have made.

Clean slate next week.  We can beat anyone - but we can also (clearly) lose to anyone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

To be fair this win against Miami is very satisfying knowing they felt they had a chance, only to ***** it away and send them home with a moral victory. 

Unfortunately for them moral victories don't count in the post season😂😂😂

yeahhhh… let’s go with that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

How can JA be the biggest problem with this team.  This is maddening.  Dorsey a close second. 

Dorsey is supposed to put Allen in a position to succeed. He should know Allen by now and know that he needs to rein him in.. instead he gives into Allen and calls bomb after bomb. Dorsey needs to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

I thought we lost the line of scrimmage battles both ways. I’d love to see stats on how long Thompson had to throw vs Josh.  Miami’s d ends were constantly beating us. Buffalo’s d ends were rarely pressuring the Miami QB.  If that happens next week, we’re out.  

Most disappointing thing to me is here we are in the postseason again and for the third year in a row our pass rush is decidedly below championship caliber. 

How many offseason do we dump money and picks into this area to get the same lackluster result? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would have to go back and watch games, but it feels like Allen has been relentlessly unwilling to get into a rhythm underneath compared to the end of last season. 

This just feels like 2021/2022 Josh. 

He’s completing a bit more than 63% of his passes though. He’s got to be hitting shorter stuff.

Today he was at 59% thabks to all those shot calls

Edited by appoo

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Yep, instead of the short inside slants with Beas or Diggs against the blitz, they're just chucking the ball 50 yards downfield.  

Think we had two consecutive wasted drives in the 4th where they did that.

Blitz 0 is man coverage no safety.  Chucking it up is one of the correct moves.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

How can JA be the biggest problem with this team.  This is maddening.  Dorsey a close second. 

Josh may have been the biggest problem today though I don't blame him for the interceptions. The ridiculous deep ball plays, maybe, depending on the play calls and designs at any given moment. Overall, the reason he's the biggest problem is we're so reliant on him. Look at Purdy; as well as he's playing he doesn't need to do much to get the 49ers ticking. In comparison, there is a lot more weight on Josh's shoulders.

• Agree 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

Most disappointing thing to me is here we are in the postseason again and for the third year in a row our pass rush is decidedly below championship caliber. 

How many offseason do we dump money and picks into this area to get the same lackluster result? 

It probably has a lot to do with the stubborn adherence to rushing 4 regardless of it's success. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

DLine won today. By a good margin as well. The DEs weren’t making splash plays, but they were winning battles and moving the QB from what I recall 

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Can't run or just don't run?  I mean we get stuffed once in a while but we just don't have any commitment to the running game.

It just doesn’t matter enough. Especially in this game. You’re playing the 3rd string 7th round rookie and your coach is taking timeouts on defense with the play clock at 0. Negating positive plays for the defense. Nearly calling one on the 1st Knox TD.

Meanwhile Allen’s 2ints weren’t really his fault. brown ran the wrong route. He’s connecting on deep balls and some are dropped. Taking the ball out of Allen’s hands isn’t the answer 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

The game plan would be interesting to look at. They knew the Phins were gonna bring heavy pressure.

Josh has been happy to play the check down game prior to this. I’m just not sure it was in the game plan today

I have a theory. Because Josh has reworked his entire game since coming into the NFL, making adjustments to his mechanics and eyes takes a really long time to become permanent. Sometimes years and years. 

Josh said he took this offseason off for the first time to let his body rest. Which is totally fair. But it comes with some consequences for a guy who’s he to make so many changes. 

There was also that super goofy interview with him, Barkley, and Keenum. They make a few goofy references to how much film they watch. Allen is one of the worst QB’s in the league against zone this year…

• Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That was an F performance for me. I don't care they won and looked good at times. They played arrogant and aggressive football early on trying to beat the Dolphins 55-3 instead of just comfortably beating them 28-10. 

I doubt we will see this again, I think the Bills will be far more restrained against the teams we will be playing from this point forward.

Not safe but just not I don't care I'm doing it anyway stupid 

An “F” performance on a win?  Seriously?

You need to check yourself

There is plenty to criticize, but a W is never an F

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.