Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

A playoff game cannot be a trap game. You can be sure it isn't for the players

I wouldn't call it a potential trap game, but I think it would be unwise for the Bills to assume this is now an easy win.  Their defense is still good and they may surprise us with the new look offense geared around whomever they start at QB.   It certainly is not a "bye week" as some have suggested in prior posts.  The Bills don't earn the win just by showing up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Clearly good for the Bills.  Either way I thought they would win.  This makes it highly likely.  

Feel bad for Tua.  Good guy.  It's the right decision- take the off season and get healthy.  Re-evaluate your career.  I am hopeful that he can resume it.

• Like (+1) 1

Good thing, evidently we were scared poopless of Tua

https://finheaven.com/threads/the-fear-of-tua.376754/

I am literally on the Buffalo forums threads right now and they are sweating bullets on whether Tua will be cleared to play this Sunday against the Bills. I mean they are posters openly suggesting that the Bills should intentionally injure Tua to get him out of the game!
Wait you have the better QB and better team then why are they so afraid of Tua?
Maybe they know something that I already know and it is this when Tua is on his A game
he can go toe to toe with Josh and beat the Bills anywhere in extreme heat or a snowstorm.
We have all witnessed a glimpse of Tua's possibility this season.

1. Elite accuracy
2. Ability to read and progress defenses quickly
3. Can throw the deep pass his (Arm ain't that weak as some thought) underrated arm strength
4. Great pocket presence

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This might be a bigger blowout than the Pats playoff game last year.

SHOULD BE.

But we’ve also been known to let some inferior teams hang around for a while. Would be a great game to really get our mojo back on both sides of the ball. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

An RB cannot play w a broken thumb, eh? 

If one is to believe McDaniel:  "It's a serious injury; it's hard to know if he'll be able to play this week," McDaniel said. "I never put anything past Raheem Mostert ... but it is a significant break of his thumb."

Some people worrying about this being a trap game, or thinking we're going to somehow sleep walk through a playoff game need to come to terms with us finally being good. We've been a really good team since 2020 and this is the most battle tested team we've had. Everyone aside from the rookies and a handful of vets have playoff experience. McD is a top 5 coach, we have a top 2 QB, and we're playing for damar. We're not dropping a home playoff game to a 3rd string QB. Go bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good for Tua.  I hope he can heal up and play again, but I fear he may be in the Tim Connolly zone.  The Fish deliberately exposed Tua to second impact syndrome.  If he has it and his career is over, I hope he sues the ***** out the Fish.  The NFL and unscrupulous teams will just keep sending concussed players back out there until someone calls them on it and makes them pay.  Let's hope Tua is OK, but if not, something has to be done so that this never happens again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

He is going to look like an all-pro during parts of the game unless Frazier does something different......

We typical do well against rookie qbs I think the d has been so injured this year we haven’t been able to “trick” qbs as much and have played a safer coverage 

16 minutes ago, Process said:

This is really bad.  Something Kevin Kolb-like must be going on.  For those who don't remember:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/23/kevin-kolb-concussions-mexico-hurricane#gid=ci0255c4bcd0022781&pid=as-with-the-2011-concussion-in-arizona-the-one-in-2013-preseason-with-the-bills-came-from-a-defenders-knee-it-was-kolbs-last-game-as-a-pro-patrick-smithgetty-images

The thing about the last concussion, with Buffalo ... I didn’t think it could possibly be serious. The Redskins defender just ran by me at the end of a routine scramble and caught my helmet with his knee. I went numb from my neck down for about three seconds, but I stayed in the game. I didn’t know what it was or how serious it would turn out to be. It couldn’t be happening again.

With concussions, sometimes you don’t know what is a symptom and what is not. But some symptoms are impossible to ignore. The ringing is like someone shooting a shotgun right next to my ear, every second of every day. It doesn’t go away.

The sensitivity to light also has a profound impact. I’ll be in a business meeting indoors and have to politely ask to put on my sunglasses before the headaches and double vision start. 

But I can deal with those symptoms. The short-term memory loss is more difficult. Sometimes I don’t know if I’m just busy with a very full schedule and that’s why I can’t remember everything, or if it’s a concussion symptom. 

Even with these issues, which I know I will have my whole life, I can truly say my life after football doesn’t feel incomplete. That starts with my relationship with God. I believe there’s a purpose to everything that has happened to me.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/09/kevin-kolb-nearly-died-because-of-his-concussions.html

For eight months, Kevin Kolb wasn’t Kevin Kolb. He was somebody else. Concussion No. 4 changed him. At night, he’d stare at the ceiling for four hours straight. His sleep cycle was warped beyond repair. In the morning, he’d brush his teeth in front of the mirror and see a cloud form around his face. Forget coffee. One cup spiraled him into a “whole different realm.” When people spoke to Kolb, he couldn’t digest the information. His short- term memory? Shot. Worst of all, his vision could blur at any moment. “Almost like you’re drunk,” Kolb said, “like everything is fuzzy all the way around you.” And that nearly killed him one day in Western New York. After yet another sleepless night, four weeks after that concussion in Buffalo’s 2013 exhibition game against Washington, Kolb drove toward the team facility in Orchard Park from his residence in Lakeview. Suddenly, without even knowing, Kolb began veering into the middle of the road as another car approached him head-on at 50, 55 miles an hour.

“We would’ve hit each other had not I… he reacted, honestly. He reacted. I didn’t react.”  Kolb immediately pulled to the side of the road to catch his breath and collect his thoughts.

He never played another NFL snap.

I remember the hit, it seemed so casual - a blow from a knee.  But Kolb had previous concussions that had taken him a long time to recover from.

Perhaps some people are more sensitive to the effects of concussion, and perhaps Tua is one of them.  Or perhaps he's actually already taken a pretty horrendous beating in HS and college?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 3

The players are not taking the Dolphins lightly, it is their job to go out and win. We as fans can talk about how bad of a beatdown the Dolphins are going to get all we want and it will have zero impact on how McDermott and the players prepare for the game.

• Like (+1) 2

yeah well Im not so sure Tua is done playing football. Our own center Mitch Morse had extensive concussion history and he was signed to Buffalo and it took many weeks for he to suffer another one. Which he did do and then recovered from again.

Im not saying he should take undue chances with his health. All Im sayin is if I were Him I'd carefully listen to his Dr's and evaluate what THEY say is his risk reward ratio. And Then make his decision in lieu of their council. That and his family. 

Edited by muppy

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

Some people worrying about this being a trap game, or thinking we're going to somehow sleep walk through a playoff game need to come to terms with us finally being good. We've been a really good team since 2020 and this is the most battle tested team we've had. Everyone aside from the rookies and a handful of vets have playoff experience. McD is a top 5 coach, we have a top 2 QB, and we're playing for damar. We're not dropping a home playoff game to a 3rd string QB. Go bills.

Yes, but we have also played down to our competition at times. I already bet the Bills +10 so obviously think they will win easy. But these games can get weird. Like the Indy game a couple years ago. We came in on fire and Indy had no business being in that game. We barely survived. 

14 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Good thing, evidently we were scared poopless of Tua

https://finheaven.com/threads/the-fear-of-tua.376754/

I am literally on the Buffalo forums threads right now and they are sweating bullets on whether Tua will be cleared to play this Sunday against the Bills. I mean they are posters openly suggesting that the Bills should intentionally injure Tua to get him out of the game!
Wait you have the better QB and better team then why are they so afraid of Tua?
Maybe they know something that I already know and it is this when Tua is on his A game
he can go toe to toe with Josh and beat the Bills anywhere in extreme heat or a snowstorm.
We have all witnessed a glimpse of Tua's possibility this season.

1. Elite accuracy
2. Ability to read and progress defenses quickly
3. Can throw the deep pass his (Arm ain't that weak as some thought) underrated arm strength
4. Great pocket presence

This finhaven poster accurately nails the Chicken Littles on this board

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

The players are not taking the Dolphins lightly, it is their job to go out and win. We as fans can talk about how bad of a beatdown the Dolphins are going to get all we want and it will have zero impact on how McDermott and the players prepare for the game.

You can say whatever you like. I'm still wearing my lucky socks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

They don't have any trade assets at all outside of tearing down their own team. Their FO made some horrible trade decisions, namely the trade for Chubb

Yeah, that was a god-awful trade...they threw the Broncos a life-line.

29 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm glad for Tua's sake.  With rumors of Sean Payton flying around there must be a lot of pressure on McDaniels to win this game.  I was worried he was going to try to throw Tua out there again like in the first Bills / Phins game.

This decision would be a lot bigger than just McDaniels to make alone.

Everyone in the organization including ownership would be in on this discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

As many stated in the game thread, this shouldn't really be surprising.  

With all circumstances surrounding the player, team and league in general... it always seemed like a longshot for him to play.

Now if Tua does make the decision to retire (that seems much less likely), I would imagine Miami will be a VERY hot destination for any potential free agent QBs in the offseason.  And it's not a crap list either.  Names like Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo and Derek Carr could be available.  I don't think it's a long-shot for Aaron Rodgers to get traded either.

They are so slow on FinHeaven. This was posted here 37 minutes ago, but just 2 minutes go on FinHeaven. 

[They were also saying there that it is too risky for Tua to play since he could be hit in the head by a snowball.]

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.