Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

I don't know, I really didn't fear them if they played Tua.  My bigger fear was having the guy taken out on a stretcher again and possibly ending his career. The two games we played the Fish were not our best and I feel we would have shut them down at full strength. We're going to see better QBs than Tua and receivers that match their two studs moving forward. That said, be nice not to have a white-knuckle game for once, but somehow, we seem to play down to our competition. 

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I just caught wind of this now.

I have been saying he will not play, but it's FANTASTIC NEWS that this is official.

Easy win for Buffalo this week.

No wonder the networks buried it in the 1pm Sunday slot.

How can you disagree that this may be the end of his Miami and possibly NFL career??? The man had THREE concussions in THIRTEEN games and has missed the last now 3 games!!! Come on man!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35413187/why-dolphins-qb-tua-tagovailoa-now-face-questions-concussions-future

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Just now, Airseven said:

Welp, I’m wrong again. Absolutely shocked by this.

Ideally, Sunday won’t be Skylar’s emergence as the next Tommy Terrific.

He won't, but predictable sneaking in a snide sideways negative juju comment. Better go do a wellness check on your pal Filthy Beast.

• Process changed the title to Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start
16 minutes ago, chongli said:

tua did come back from his stumble hit in the same game and didn’t go into concussion protocol after the bills game I don’t think. Mahomes came out of the game right after that hit and never returned despite the playoffs being on the line.  This proves the opposite of their point 

this recent bout tua literally has proven long term memory loss after already having one other documented concussion this season(possibly 2 others) I’m not sure what that twitter person is getting at.

tua remembered the interception plays in the postgame and had completely forgotten them by the next day 

concussions vary greatly in severity and that one he sustained in the bengals game was very bad 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Nobody is afraid of Skylar but hopefully Leslie and the D leave no stone unturned here and take the game more seriously than some fans.

afterall, this is the same unit that gave up 34 completions, 65%, 327 yards in Kenny Pickett’s first start…and outright lost to Zach Wilson which is an embarrassment based on his other games this season.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I feel for Tua. He’s a great kid and now he’s got this concussion history hanging over him. I know it’s a serious problem to have and he has to be protected from exacerbating the condition but Tua’s a gamer and  now the question for Miami is can you entrust your franchise to someone,although talented, could be out of football with one more serious event. Very sad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

valley boy seems upset. Hate to see it.

It’s crazy because he’s completely wrong haha.  It literally proves the opposite of what he’s trying to say.  How was tua even allowed to re-enter that bills game when mahomes wasn’t?  

and tua has memory loss after his second documented concussion…clearly mahomes didn’t have that 

• Like (+1) 2

The opposing QB is Skylar Thompson. The NFL must have known things would play out this way, hence the 1:00 PM Sunday start. Just incredible-- everyone expecting a rout now (how can you not?). This would have been considered a scary match up with Tua starting (two close regular season games).

I would think the only way this can be competitive would be a bunch of Bills turn overs, and the D getting gouged by Miami's running game ( Mostert's status?).

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Nobody is afraid of Skylar but hopefully Leslie and the D leave no stone unturned here and take the game more seriously than some fans.

afterall, this is the same unit that gave up 34 completions, 65%, 327 yards in Kenny Pickett’s first start…and outright lost to Zach Wilson which is an embarrassment based on his other games this season.

Kenny Pickett was all garbage time.  The Zach Wilson game was more the jets picking on Terrell Bernard all game which won’t be an option this time.  The falloff from Edmunds/Milano to Bernard is massive and the jets took advantage.  If we had both our starting linebackers we would’ve shut the jets out 

• Like (+1) 1

For the line to move past 13.5 the money coming in on the bills has to be crazy, I'm curious if it happens 

Vegas definitely put the spread at 10 so that if tua plays the line can move down to 7.5 or is ruled out up to 13.5 without breaking the 7 or 14 point barrier

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Kenny Pickett was all garbage time.  The Zach Wilson game was more the jets picking on Terrell Bernard all game which won’t be an option this time.  The falloff from Edmunds/Milano to Bernard is massive and the jets took advantage.  If we had both ate starting linebackers we would’ve shut the jets out 

And Josh throwing 2 passes directly to Jets defenders didn't help either. 

Edited by Amaru523
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think Skylar is bad but he does not have the particular skills that the offense was built around.  Bridgewater really doesn’t either.  

Which is what, highly accurate precisely timed quick release passes?  No doubt about that.  Skylarr is actually better at improvisational football than is Tua imo.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s crazy because he’s completely wrong haha.  It literally proves the opposite of what he’s trying to say.  How was tua even allowed to re-enter that bills game when mahomes wasn’t?  

and tua has memory loss after his second documented concussion…clearly mahomes didn’t have that 

I agree. But I would add, just humoring this twitter nobody for a second - if there WAS anti-dolphins bias by the league it would be completely deserved. The owner is a scumbag (not the only one, I know) who appears to think rules don’t apply to him. Meddling, tampering, pulling gimmicky ownership stunts with celebrities for clout. Before we all feel too bad about Tua, let’s remember Ross, the very same guy who insisted they draft him over reported concerns, has been working to replace him since he arrived. See Watson, Brady on the boat….

So I’ll shant shed a single tear for foul mouthed, beef-brained dolphin fans like this. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think Skylar is bad but he does not have the particular skills that the offense was built around.  Bridgewater really doesn’t either.  

All he has to do is dump offs to Hill. He probably won't even throw downfield.

The Bills were winning this game no matter who the QB was,  but i think it'll be closer than people think.  

Sorry, but I can't take a Tua-less Miami team seriously.  We should thump any team that rolls in here with their 3rd-string QB.  If the Bills somehow lose this game, I'll be able to sleep like a baby knowing that there's no way were getting past the Bengals or Chiefs so there's no need to play "what if?" in the back of my mind.  

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.