Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Thompson will get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, a la Wilson. It will be their only shot on offense. Better be ready to make some form tackles in the open field 

Any updates on Waddle?  I'm assuming he plays.  No matter who's back there at QB, it only takes one catch for Waddle or Hill to score on any given play if they find an opening.  That's why I'm not underestimating this game.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

So that McDaniel guy basically ruined Tua's career and health to win a September game against the Bills.

To be fair, I believe the Doc that cleared Tua was fired after that mess.  I don't really blame the coach if the docs told them he was good to go.

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Its just discussion. Have to talk about something. The Bills definitely should and I think will win this game. The point is MIA is still a good team. If they get the running game going they can keep it close. 

Yup I get it. I just don’t want people to start thinking man we might be in a tough spot here. This is as easy as it’ll ever get in the playoffs for us this year and in many years to come. We should win by 3 scores (17ish pts). 

Just now, Big Turk said:

So we get a first round bye after all 😂

What if the Bills end up winning the Super Bowl but our opponents starting QB goes down in their matchup that week and we end up playing the backup every game?  

Then the football gods have shined upon us and we shall be forever thankful. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So we get a first round bye after all 😂

What if the Bills end up winning the Super Bowl but our opponents starting QB goes down in their matchup that week and we end up playing the backup every game?  

Are you old enough to remember 1981 when St.Louis Cardinals rookie Neil Lomax took over for a veteran Jim Hart.

How well did that game go for the previous year's AFCeast Champion Bills? I believe they were shut out.

There's always a star in the making. Take nobody lightly...

How about the Bills-Jags O.Park playoff game.

Haven't we learned our lesson...

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

The phish average over 7.5 yrds a carry against the Bills front; Buffalo's ballcarriers averaged less than half of that.

We trailed by 8 in that game with less than 10:00 left and if Ma Nature had not started firing snowballs in Miami's grill, we may have lost to them.

If McCarthy had not lost his mind and started chucking the ball around while they were successfully hammering it down our throat, we would have lost to them.

I agree there is potential for a big win here, but there is also some potential for the Bills to walk out there overconfident, get pushed around and find themselves in the kind of dog fight they weren't prepared for coming in.

I don’t think McDaniel trusts his offense to pick up tough yards on the ground on obvious running downs though so it’s not quite as simple as ‘if they just ran the ball on those red zone plays they would’ve won’.

A lot of their shtick is they frequently pass out of heavy formations and most teams play them with pretty light boxes to respect the pass but the closer they get to the end zone the less you have to worry about tyreek/waddle taking the top off the defense so things get jammed up more closer to the line of scrimmage.  So between the 20s they’re pretty much being given free yards if they want to try to run the football but things get a lot harder in the red zone.  And if their threat to pass isn’t as strong, they will have a lot more trouble running the football.   

also if they’re missing armstead and shell, their offensive line won’t get the push to run or pass.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Are you old enough to remember 1981 when St.Louis Cardinals rookie Neil Lomax took over for a veteran Jim Hart.

How well did that game go for the previous year's AFCeast Champion Bills? I believe they were shut out.

In fairness that Jags team was expansion in the loosest sense. There was an expansion draft and they were given top draft spots in each round. No way they should have been taken lightly as that roster was stacked with veteran players. 

21 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

So that McDaniel guy basically ruined Tua's career and health to win a September game against the Bills.

Pretty much. It's why I have no sympathy for the Phins. 

Rather than take an L for the safety of your QB they rushed him back and then took him out on a short week where he got brained 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I get the consternation, but could you imagine the thread and comments on this board if KC was matched up with  MIA in their current state ? 

I'd be praying for a miracle and cheering my butt off for the Fish (yuck)!!!

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Don't worry.  Everyone over at chiefsplanet is saying that we had 2 bye weeks at the end of the season (Cincy and now vs Miami).

And the league gift wrapped them a bye so I don't know what they're on about.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That wasn't a rookie QB in that game, that was veteran Mark Brunell who had a very good season that year and Natrone Means "Business" really hurt us.  Please don't even try and give me some nonsense about Skylar Thompson coming in here with his 67 yards per game average and 27 QB Rating in the several games he has played this year and beating the Bills. It isn't happening unless the Bills literally allow 2-3 defensive/ST TD's to the Fins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I expect Miami to come out really strong in the 1st quarter.  Lots of run and play action, try to bully the dline.  Will be important to try to get stops early.  Let Allen get the offense up by 10 by half, and then force Skylar Thompson to throw against our coverage.  If we execute, there is not reason why we dont win this game by double digits.  If we turn the ball over, or drops force punts, we may see a closer game then we all want.

Just now, Cray51 said:

I expect Miami to come out really strong in the 1st quarter.  Lots of run and play action, try to bully the dline.  Will be important to try to get stops early.  Let Allen get the offense up by 10 by half, and then force Skylar Thompson to throw against our coverage.  If we execute, there is not reason why we dont win this game by double digits.  If we turn the ball over, or drops force punts, we may see a closer game then we all want.

I expect them to go 3 and out 2 or 3 straight times.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

Trap game for Buffalo?  I suspect not but man - I hope they stay very focused.

Are you f**king serious?  

Firstly, they don't exist, even in the regular season.  But the playoffs?  C'mon man...you can't be serious.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Will they finally force Buffalo out of it's base nickel D?   Miami could very well could run the ball every single play.   

I think a lot of that depends on if Mostert is able to play.  He had surgery on Monday from what was reported and was out of practice today.

Wilson is a capable back, but I don't think he's necessarily in the same category as Mostert.  I'm sure they'll most likely start in their base Nickel and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, teef said:

well, at least Tua will have his health.  

Hopefully he still has his health and hasn't done permanent damage.  If he never plays again, he should get hush money from the Dolphins and/or NFL for putting him back in the Bills game and/or playing the following week where he got concussed again.

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

A lot remains to be seen. Who knows how he'll be in 10 years or so.

Agreed

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Skylar can still go 34-40, 4TDs, 380 yards,  and 0 INT. Remember Zach Wilson against this Bills defense?

Based on what? His previous results? Zach Wilson threw for barely over 150 yards.  My God...it is so sad to see how people have zero perspective of what "normal" looks like in the NFL because we have been so spoiled for so long on defense here, especially pass defense...the Bills are exactly 15th in pass defense this year in terms of yards given up.  slightly above league average.  They give up about 14 more yards per game than the Chargers who are ranked 7th.  Point is, there isn't much difference that separates teams in the top 10 and the Bills.  Bills are 4th or 5th lowest in terms of QB Rating against. Stop acting like they are giving up 500 yards a game every game.

image.thumb.png.9c471280d7d6200137d9ee70f43a7cdc.png

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Steptide said:

This should be an absolute blood bath (score wise) but I'll still have raging anxiety come Sunday at 1

I wouldn't sleep on Skyler Thompson when he was 100%. 

I watched him play at Kansas State and the dude can ball. He was like Brock Purdy in the Big XII. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mango said:

Setbacks? 

I understand a QB with a broken finger on their throwing hand not being able to play. That is super easy. 

But setbacks? There are no more games if you don't win and a broken finger is a reasonable injury to "come back" from in the offseason. 

McDaniels pressers are always filled with strange phrasing and long winded non-replies. He’s weird.

sorry about these random boxes below:

Edited by CoffeeDrip
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Skylar can still go 34-40, 4TDs, 380 yards,  and 0 INT. Remember Zach Wilson against this Bills defense?

You're actually right. People giving you ***** for it never watched him in college. I'm sure people would also make fun of Brock Purdy before he started for the 9'ers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.