What Bengals & Chiefs fans are saying about the situation:

BigDingus

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wouldn't have expected anything less from Chief's fans.   I have a cousin who is a huge KC fan and he couldn't represent their fan base any better...arrogant, loudmouth.

I love that they use the Belcher situation as an example but completely ignore the fact that maybe the NFL was wrong then.   Maybe the Chiefs shouldn't have played that game.

I have nothing but respect for Mahomes as a player, and Reid as a coach (not including as a Father for obvious reasons) but their fanbase is complete trash.

I sat in Arrowhead last season, wearing my Allen jersey, when the Bills demolished the Chiefs in regular season, surrounded by Chief fans.  They were nothing but class.  They asked me about our team.  They complimented our players.  They congratulated me on our win.  They were unerringly polite.  

Saying their fanbase is "complete trash" is silly hyperbole.  Like teams everywhere, they have good and bad fans.  My personal experience when I lived in KC is that they're mostly good.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The trashy Chiefs fans are at least entertaining.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/nfl-kansas-city/chiefs-fan-x-factor-banned-from-arrowhead-stadium-after-fight-with-redxtreme/

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/chiefsaholic-bank-robbery-wolf-mask-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-crime

These guys were bigshots on ChiefsPlanet.   There was a whole thread about XFactor, methamphetamine, and under aged girls if I recall correctly.

• Haha (+1) 1

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

In all honesty there is a lot of this going on right now. 

The concern for Damar Hamlin’s condition and future is sincere and absolutely warranted but people climbing over one another to show how much they care is getting theatrical. 

We all pray for his well being but let’s not all pretend we are close friends or relatives of the young man. He has a family and friends who are there for him and who genuinely have an emotional bond with him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I sat in Arrowhead last season, wearing my Allen jersey, when the Bills demolished the Chiefs in regular season, surrounded by Chief fans.  They were nothing but class.  They asked me about our team.  They complimented our players.  They congratulated me on our win.  They were unerringly polite.  

Saying their fanbase is "complete trash" is silly hyperbole.  Like teams everywhere, they have good and bad fans.  My personal experience when I lived in KC is that they're mostly good.  

Fair enough.  I agree it was definitely emotionally driven hyperbole.  I am usually better at not doing that.   Goes back to said cousin, he is a real piece of work.  My bad there.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

In all honesty there is a lot of this going on right now. 

The concern for Damar Hamlin’s condition and future is sincere and absolutely warranted but people climbing over one another to show how much they care is getting theatrical. 

We all pray for his well being but let’s not all pretend we are close friends or relatives of the young man. He has a family and friends who are there for him and who genuinely have an emotional bond with him. 

Clearly you haven't lost a lot of close family or friends in your life because this response is over the top. Some person makes up some BS term like "virtue signaling" and that take has no place here.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Clearly you haven't lost a lot of close family or friends in your life because this response is over the top. Some person makes up some BS term like "virtue signaling" and that take has no place here.

Actually I have lost many close family and friends and that is exactly why I said what I said and I know the difference between those relationships and a celebrity or sports figure I admire but have no personal relationship with. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 hours ago, GreggTX said:

2 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

It amazed me how different people from different fanbases are. I've been disgusted by Midwest fans for a while now, ever since I watched a Penn State vs Iowa game, and the Iowa fans would repeatedly start booing whenever Penn State players got injured. The kids aren't even making any money out there, but the Iowa fans are out there booing players for having the gall to get injured and briefly halt their viewing pleasure? Just because they're injured!? How dare they!? It didn't matter situation, offense or defense, big play or small, up tempo or no, boos would rain down as soon as someone wasn't able to get back to their feet immediately. Happened to watch a KC game the next day, and the exact same thing happened with KC fans booing any opposing player who got injured. It was sickening. 

Can you imagine if this injury had happened in KC instead of Cincinnati? Instead of empathy, compassion, and understanding, we would have likely gotten, well, more of the same and more of the vitriol from the KC message board live and in person. 

Seriously? How in the world do you justify that conclusion? I remember Bills fans throwing snowballs at Dolphins players just days ago. Does that mean ALL Bills fans act like spoiled children?

By the way, I live in Chicago and have lived in East Coast cities. Dear Buffalonians, I hate to break it to you but you are considered the Midwest. You can call it something else, but you aren’t near either coast and there is no such thing as Great Lakers. You are the Midwest, so stop criticizing it. The Midwest is where the most genuine people live. If you think people in Iowa are cruel, you need to get your head checked and visit any East Coast city for 5 minutes. I lived in Des Moines and the first week i lived there, pre cell era, my wife got lost and some little old lady saw her confused in a parking lot and had her follow her 10 miles across the city to where she was going so she wouldn’t get lost. That doesn’t happen anywhere but the Midwest. By the way, the actions of the Iowa fans may be due to the behaviors or fan bases from Penn State. My wife used to play in the Illinois band and said both Penn State and Ohio State fans would literally throw trash at them in the stands while all other Big Ten venues were great. Of course that was years ago so maybe things have changed. 

Edited by Locomark

If they aren't going to reschedule the game i would think the only fair thing to do for both teams is to declare it a draw or a tie because that would effect either team as far as the play off ranking goes it basically wouldn't give either team the upper hand in any standings .

There is the possibility that they could both be playing in the AFC championship game anyway then they could decide as far as which team ultimately would go further in the play offs .

All I know is that when I was a little kid in the '70s I was a closet Raider fan because of Stabler, Biletnikoff, Madden et al.

I'm going to be drawing on ALL of that this Saturday.  No NFL team has ever deserved to lose a game more than the Chiefs and their fans do this one.

5 hours ago, Locomark said:

By the way, I live in Chicago and have lived in East Coast cities. Dear Buffalonians, I hate to break it to you but you are considered the Midwest. You can call it something else, but you aren’t near either coast and there is no such thing as Great Lakers. You are the Midwest, so stop criticizing it. The Midwest is where the most genuine people live. If you think people in Iowa are cruel, you need to get your head checked and visit any East Coast city for 5 minutes. I lived in Des Moines and the first week i lived there, pre cell era, my wife got lost and some little old lady saw her confused in a parking lot and had her follow her 10 miles across the city to where she was going so she wouldn’t get lost. That doesn’t happen anywhere but the Midwest. By the way, the actions of the Iowa fans may be due to the behaviors or fan bases from Penn State. My wife used to play in the Illinois band and said both Penn State and Ohio State fans would literally throw trash at them in the stands while all other Big Ten venues were great. Of course that was years ago so maybe things have changed. 

Buffalo is definitely not in the Midwest. I’ve lived in both places and I’m not anti either one. 

On 1/4/2023 at 9:07 AM, Jauronimo said:

The trashy Chiefs fans are at least entertaining.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/nfl-kansas-city/chiefs-fan-x-factor-banned-from-arrowhead-stadium-after-fight-with-redxtreme/

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/chiefsaholic-bank-robbery-wolf-mask-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-crime

These guys were bigshots on ChiefsPlanet.   There was a whole thread about XFactor, methamphetamine, and under aged girls if I recall correctly.

Let’s hope they never doom scroll thru PPP here …

Edited by The Frankish Reich

On 1/3/2023 at 5:54 PM, BigDingus said:

Bengals Board Posts - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen :

1. "It's fine by me to just declare the game a no-contest, with no winners, no ties, and don't replay. Players and fans of other teams impacted would understand. The worst scenario for me is a decision that benefits the Bengals because that would cast the Bengals as villains from now until the end of the NFL. I'd rather the Bengals take the high road, even offer to take a decision hurts the Bengals. It was the Bengals field, the Bengals were hosts, so even offer to take a loss if they want."

2. "If I'm the Bengals, I'd offer the Bills the W just as a nice gesture. It's relatively meaningless to them right now, but it would just show support. Whether they'd accept it or not, calling the game for them would just be a nice thing to do, and would be well regarded for a long time." 

3. "I am fine with anything other than accepting a loss. Cincinnati did absolutely nothing wrong. You can’t punish Cincinnati for something out of their control."

4. "IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

5. "The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit. Ridiculous."

6. "To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway."

7. "What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?"

8. "Probably won’t happen, but: Scratch this game entirely. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the playoffs, play it at a neutral site (Detroit would be very fair). I realize Buffalo would have the better record, but yesterday’s game was still for the 2-seed at least."

9. "My biggest fear at this point is Buffalo trying to use this whole situation to their advantage. There is more incentive for them to NOT PLAY this game and take a tie rather than to play it (down 7-3 and the Bengals threatening to score again) to try and claim the 1 seed. If they lobby for a tie, it gives them the two seed, gives them one less game for their guys to get hurt, and eliminates the possibility of slipping to a 3 seed. Given how the game was going and the score, I think they'd be more than happy hanging on to the 2 seed rather than chancing it. I hope I am wrong, but a tie really ***** over the Bengals here."

10. "Absolutely nothing from the Bills owners, coaching staff or fans indicates they would try to use this to their advantage. GTFO with that sh" (response to above post)

Chiefs Board Posts https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826 :

1. "I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?"

2. "As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game." 

3. *Here's a little back & forth* -

Guy 1: "It's an unfair advantage to allow them to choose to play a game in the next few days or next week that they chose not to continue last night because someone nearly died on the field? Yeah, that seems like a solid and persuasive argument."

Guy 2: "Yes because of playoff implications, it IS an unfair advantage. We had a player off himself in front of our COACH and GM and we played two days later, as scheduled. "Nearly Died" We have seen players become PERMANENTLY PARALYZED and they continued to play. The unfair advantage is some teams would be RESTING players next week. Now this throws a wrench into the entire seeding issue."

Guy 1: "Do you think the Chiefs would've played the game if Belcher had killed himself in the parking lot immediately before the game? Answer: no. We now know that he didn't die on the field. But at the time, none of those players had any idea if he'd make it to the hospital or even off the field alive. Not the same as a guy being taken away by an ambulance on a stretcher with fear of a potential paralyzing injury."

4. "America is so weak." 

5. "I'd say leave it up to the Bills. If they're not up for it within the next few days, they need to forfeit."

6. "This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore."

7. "if they cant / dont want to play it, then they should just concede the L and move on."

8. "The right call is whatever is best for the teams involved. The right call has nothing to do with inconveniences or money lost by the fans."

9. "If they call the game, I think it needs to be a Bills loss and Bengals win. Bengals were winning and playing really well. It wasn’t one of their players who went down, so why punish them?"

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

11. "This year in lieu of a superbowl trophy every team will get a participation trophy as well. **** that. Take a L for a forfeit, take a tie if Cinci agrees (and I doubt they will), or play the game. I'm not trying to sound callous here and I understand they saw some scary *****, but come on man. It sounds an awful lot like someone is trying to use that ***** for their advantage."

So yeah... majority of Bengals fans seem as confused/concerned as we are. There were a handful of dumb posts, but most of them echoed our sentiments. Chiefs fans on the other hand, much more of a mixed bag. There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

This is a lot to Digest...

#1. HAMLIN would not like us just getting an unearned win....

#2 Unfair advantage? "LIFE IS UNFAIR" I say to people saying that.. Get over it.

#3 We should not make guessing games as to what the Chiefs do in any situation.

#4 "America is so weak" I'm sorry, statements like this should not have any room in these forums. Would love a link to where this one was said.... Where did you read this in a NFL Team Forum? 

#5 Music City Miricale ? Wide Right? What this have to do with the current situation or anything to do with your Title?

This post is feeling like a troll post in disguise.

I am done with this stupid thread.

Let's face it...many of you are determined to hate KC and their fans. You look for reasons. 

The vast majority of KC fan behavior is no more "toxic" than the Bills fans chanting "***** the Chiefs" at a game in Cincinnati. 

Most of what you consider toxic is schtick. It's people having fun. Maybe some don't appreciate their language or approach (I sometimes don't either), but it's no indication of the character of the fanbase. This was proven during the Hamlin incident. 99% of posts in the game thread at Chiefs Planet were purely concern for the player, offering thoughts and prayers, and declaring that his health was way more important than a game. Yes, a few days later, some people became irritated by rumors of re-structuring the entire season and postseason, using a random generator to remove one of KC's games, etc. As I'm sure you would if the situation were reversed. But I haven't seen many crass comments and no one is saying anything disrespectful in regard to Hamlin. 

I'll also say that, if there's a generalization to be made about Chiefs fans, it's that the obnoxious or trashy ones tend to be from the Missouri side of state line, while the Kansas side tends to be classier and more polite. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I like the option I read that would play the AFC title game at a neutral site if any one of Bills, Bengals, Chiefs are in the AFCCG.  That way no team gets HFA amongst the 3 favorites to win it previous to the canceled game.  I'm of the opinion that wherever the Bills play in the neutral field scenario they'll actually have HFA with such a large outpouring of support for Buffalo due to the Hamlin injury.  So the HFA might already be Bills if it's in Orchard Park or at a neutral site.  

16 hours ago, Locomark said:

I’m not sure what your agenda is but no one considers Buffalo the Mid-West

I’d have no problem with it if were true but this is a clown take

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

As a lifelong buffalonian I consider buffalo part of the Great Lakes region … if I’m getting broader than saying WNY

Which is typically mostly part of the Midwest

Buffalo is a lot closer ( Culture wise ) to Chicago then NYC or Boston

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Buffalo is a rustbelt city, same as Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Detroit (Erie, Akron, Rochester too among others). Once great cities where industry has left and they are now being reborn as something funky almost hip one could say. I wouldn't say Midwest, that makes me think of rural Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As a lifelong buffalonian I consider buffalo part of the Great Lakes region 

Which is typically mostly part of the Midwest

Buffalo is a lot closer ( Culture wise ) to Chicago then NYC or Boston

As a 90% of my life Buffalonian, I agree with you about being part of the Great Lakes region. I have zero issue with the mid-west, the people tend to be salt of the earth.

If you ask 1000 people around the country to name a city in the mid west, not one of them is saying Buffalo

Edited by RunTheBall

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Buffalo is a rustbelt city, same as Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Detroit (Erie, Akron, Rochester too among others). Once great cities where industry has left and they are now being reborn as something funky almost hip one could say. I wouldn't say Midwest, that makes me think of rural Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska.

Rust belt is more of an economical and social construction For the downfall of manufacturing cities rather than geographic 

Seeing as the rust belt runs through West Virginia and Kentucky as well as Wisconsin and Michigan , geography wasn’t the factor … it was as you said industry leaving

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2023 at 5:58 PM, Albwan said:

I don't see the NFL rescheduling the playoffs. There isn't going to be a fair outcome for either team imho.

I think the TV networks would scream bloody murder if the league tried to  push the playoff schedule back a week to accommodate a makeup Bills/Bengals game.  There is no possible way to squeeze a game inn between this Sunday and Wild Card Weekend.  It would be patently unfair to the team or teams that ended up having to play four days later, and playing 3 games in the space of 8 days.  The reaction of KC fans is moronic.  

Lol the folks over at Arrowheadpride are conspiracy theorists on top of being whiney little beotches. The mods will block you when you call out either of these things. I never thought I would see the day that they would turn to Pats* snowflakes

On 1/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, RunTheBall said:

I've been reading up on this whole idea, and Buffalo's role in the growth of the mid-west. It's actually fascinating imo.

Because of the prominence of the Erie Canal, and the linkage to the Great Lakes boats, most of the mid-west was settled through Buffalo... Celevland, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, even most of Minnesota were settled by people from or people coming through Buffalo. During this period, Buffalo was considered the end of the East. 

Now one of the main reasons why people say that Buffalo is the mid-west (and there are people outside of Buffalo who think this) is because of the similarity of the Buffalo accent to the Chicago accent. What they don't realize is that the classic "da Bears" mid-west accent originated in Buffalo/ Rochester & Syracuse, and they got it from us. 

But Buffalo is not the Mid-West... However, the Mid-West is more influenced by WNY and Buffalo than anything else. 

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk!

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t care what people are complaining about on other message boards this week.  I go to the go fund me page from time to time throughout the day and read the most recent comments from new donors.  Many are genuine and touching.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:52 AM, aceman_16 said:

Lol the folks over at Arrowheadpride are conspiracy theorists on top of being whiney little beotches. The mods will block you when you call out either of these things. I never thought I would see the day that they would turn to Pats* snowflakes

Try living amongst them its even worse. They all think KC is getting screwed. 

I strongly believe that the majority of people you see on the KC and Cincinnati message boards, and the nasty commenters on Twitter, are the lowest of the low. These are the same people that likely wanted the game to continue that night...and definitely completed by the very next day.  These are jerks without empathy, all they care about is winning and not the people involved.  I don't believe the majority of fans from those teams feel that way, it's just the idiots are the loudest. 

And to be honest if the situation was reversed there would be a lot of jerky, immature Bills fans commenting too...I see these people all over the place on other teams' message boards and social media.  They often act like jerks over the most mundane things and make our fanbase look like losers sometime. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Buffalo is part of the Mid-Atlantic geographically. 

The Bills had the #1 seed which included homefield advantage and a bye under their complete control prior to the Bengals game. They now need help from the Raiders in order to obtain that. Once the horrible on field injury occurred to  Hamlin there was no solution to playoff seeding that would be totally fair to Cincinnati, KC and Buffalo. If any team has cause to B word about the unfairness of the NFL's solution it would be the Bills but it simply is what it is and time for the crybabies to STFU.

To read the comments of some Bengals fans online today, you'd think the NFL took away their eligibility for the playoffs for the next decade.

No solution to this was going to be fair to everyone.  Cincy probably got the worst of it - but they win tomorrow, against a likely 3rd stringer, and they're still in great shape.

Chiefs should be happy because they were awarded control of their own destiny for a bye. Bengals should be frustrated, but alas, they had the longest odds of achieving the #1 seed going into the Bills game.

Bills fall in the middle. Bottom line is they shouldn’t be awarded a bye and home field advantage without having to play the Bengals.

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs should be happy because they were awarded control of their own destiny for a bye. Bengals should be frustrated, but alas, they had the longest odds of achieving the #1 seed going into the Bills game.

Bills fall in the middle. Bottom line is they shouldn’t be awarded a bye and home field advantage without having to play the Bengals.

I agree for the most part, but the Chiefs are awarded home field and the bye after losing to both the Bills and Bengals. 

Im honestly surprised so many Chiefs fans are upset by a potential neutral field AFCCG. 

They are, by far, the thinnest skinned, most insecure fanbase on Twitter.  See a tweet that puts anyone even close to on par with Mahomes and they throw a cyber temper tantrum. 

That being said .. I genuinely thought they’d be happy by the lot they’ve been given.  

They get the bye if they win today.  Home field in the Divisional Round.  Avoid having to play both BUF & CIN.  …and the slight they’ve been given isn’t even a road game (of which Mahomes still won’t play one). 

At least the Pats fanbase had the GOAT and constantly made it to, and won Super Bowls.   The Chiefs have won one with Mahomes and got blown out in the other ..  and they never stop crying. 

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I strongly believe that the majority of people you see on the KC and Cincinnati message boards, and the nasty commenters on Twitter, are the lowest of the low. These are the same people that likely wanted the game to continue that night...and definitely completed by the very next day.  These are jerks without empathy, all they care about is winning and not the people involved.  I don't believe the majority of fans from those teams feel that way, it's just the idiots are the loudest. 

And to be honest if the situation was reversed there would be a lot of jerky, immature Bills fans commenting too...I see these people all over the place on other teams' message boards and social media.  They often act like jerks over the most mundane things and make our fanbase look like losers sometime. 

I have no problem with the decision to suspend play, and I was strongly opposed to resuming the game at a later date.  But you need to get over the idea that people who feel differently are anything other than well-meaning folks who reached a different conclusion than you.  That's not helpful.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I agree for the most part, but the Chiefs are awarded home field and the bye after losing to both the Bills and Bengals. 

Im honestly surprised so many Chiefs fans are upset by a potential neutral field AFCCG. 

They are, by far, the thinnest skinned, most insecure fanbase on Twitter.  See a tweet that puts anyone even close to on par with Mahomes and they throw a cyber temper tantrum. 

That being said .. I genuinely thought they’d be happy by the lot they’ve been given.  

They get the bye if they win today.  Home field in the Divisional Round.  Avoid having to play both BUF & CIN.  …and the slight they’ve been given isn’t even a road game (of which Mahomes still won’t play one). 

At least the Pats fanbase had the GOAT and constantly made it to, and won Super Bowls.   The Chiefs have won one with Mahomes and got blown out in the other ..  and they never stop crying. 

I don’t know why people care what other fans say or post. It’s all so juvenile. But I guess it’s the nature of the interwebs.

I agree it’s odd that Chiefs are in line for the top seed despite losing to Bills and Bengals. However, those losses are apart of the calculus and the Chiefs were still tied with the Bills record-wise and ahead of the Bengals. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.