Poyer playing with torn meniscus

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I like poyer and he's a difference maker but you can't pay an aging injury prone player big money.

Let him walk in the offseason and test FA market and then sign him back to a cheap deal once he realizes his options are limited.

Poyer is Beast.
 We owe him.
He should retire as a Bill

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Success said:

A torn meniscus generally needs a bit of rest.

Hope he can muscle through the next 2, and then hopefully we get that bye.

I'm holding out hope that we can get a 1st round bye and have Hyde, Poyer, White, and Benford all healthy and ready to go heading into our first playoff game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

A torn meniscus generally needs a bit of rest.

Hope he can muscle through the next 2, and then hopefully we get that bye.

Just get through this ONE, then rest him against the impotent Patsies***

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I like poyer and he's a difference maker but you can't pay an aging injury prone player big money.

Let him walk in the offseason and test FA market and then sign him back to a cheap deal once he realizes his options are limited.

While I disagree about his options being limited, I do agree letting him walk. It’s just business and if you need to save money at any position group(s) then I agree safety and RB are two areas to target.

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

Definitely do not pay him! He is not getting younger and constantly hurt. Hopefully we win it all this year and he walks away.

I get what you’re saying. Long term he’s not the answer and we’d all love it if he left the Bills a SB champ this season. That said I wish more players had this man’s guts and heart. And skills :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, wppete said:

And for that reason don’t pay him. He has a few years left. Money better spent elsewhere. Also constant injuries don’t help. 

Don’t pay him what?  Do you know how much he’s looking for? How much guaranteed?  

Do you know anything other than he’s playing on a torn meniscus/injured elbow during his free agent year.  Meanwhile, we haven’t lost one game with him in the lineup this year.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's awesome that he's playing through it.  From what I understand the torn meniscus is just flapping around in there and doesn't really affect you unless is gets caught wrong then it locks you up and hurts like a B word 'til it moves again.  I know someone who has this issue but won't get the surgery and just live with it.  idk

56 minutes ago, nucci said:

Do you know anyone who is getting younger?

"Hey look at this picture of me when I was younger. 

EVERY PICTURE of you is of you when you were younger."

Hopefully someone picks up the Mitch Hedberg reference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That was a very clever attempt to turn this into an Edmunds thread.

Okay.........should we re-sign Edmunds or Poyer?

Edmunds just graduated HS this year.  He's now 17.  He is getting younger!

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m so tired of the injuries.  Sorry for our players and our fans.

damn, that is a trooper.

Every team and fanbase deals with it. Bills have been more fortunate than most in recent years. The game is brutal.

• Agree 1

Some NFL players unfortunately just get the shaft. If they aren't able to show themselves for the first FA contract, they never get paid the mega dollars. Poyer falls under that category. He deserves more, but his extension just didn't time out right. I think if he was going to sign an extension here, it would have already been done. I appreciate that he's stayed totally committed to the team despite the lack of extension.

I ran and played pivot sports for 2 months on a torn miniscus and torn MCL. Basketball players do it all the time. Eventually I tore everything ACL,MCL,PCL, bucket handle miniscus tear and had a fracture but I was also substantially older. Bottom line is miniscus is purely pain management in many cases. With the adrenaline he has playing this game, he probably only feels it a few times a game and afterwards. It’s likely not affecting his running much. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.