Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

This strikes me as a classic game that the Bills can blow through over confidence and looking ahead to Cincinnati the following week.   Sure hope not.   

Only fans look past opponents,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

This strikes me as a classic game that the Bills can blow through over confidence and looking ahead to Cincinnati the following week.   Sure hope not.   

This is the most overblown statement in all of football. Teams don’t overlook their current opponent but because fans do they assume the players do

• Like (+1) 1

I said this elsewhere, but this game makes me nervous.

Matt Eberfluss, when with the colts, really knew how to game plan for our offense and shut us down. Today, they seemed to be very effective in slowing Hurts. I think he is an excellent defensive coach, and knows how to gameplan his opponents very well. Bears are always in every game. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

It's not about style points. It's about playing better.

I'm with you man for 2 reasons. 
1- that Miami game was anxiety. Great game fun to watch but anxiety 

2- I want them to get back in sync. Everyone has seen it. There is something different about this offense since halftime in Green Bay. 
that whole garbage about style

point means nothing. Good teams beat bad teams. I'd like The Bills to show they are not to be underestimated. 

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this elsewhere, but this game makes me nervous.

Matt Eberfluss, when with the colts, really knew how to game plan for our offense and shut us down. Today, they seemed to be very effective in slowing Hurts. I think he is an excellent defensive coach, and knows how to gameplan his opponents very well. Bears are always in every game. 

Every game going forward is a must win, and teams like the Bears will revel in playing the spoiler, this game against Chicago is gonna be a dog fight, as will all of our remaining games, the players know it the coaches know it, it will be a matter of which team makes the most plays/least number of mistakes. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

NFL doesn't announce transactions on Sundays.

They are too busy counting money on Sundays.

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Early forecast is a high of 9 degrees with 25-35 mph winds. 

So basically similar to the Patriot game last year but with wind.

I feel like that is actually less windy than the pats game.  Didn't they have 45mph gusts?

Or is the suppose to be a consistent wind?

Edited by The Wiz

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The Facts:

Bills are 11-3

Bills currently sit 1st in the AFC

Bills clinched playoff berth

1 win clinches the division and a home playoff game

3 wins clinches first round bye a the playoffs run through Orchard Park.

The opinion:

It starts as an early Christmas gift this year. The Bills are the better team and it isn’t even close. Historically McD teams keep guys like Fields in check. We should be solid on the back end and stout in the run game. Even an offensive sputter will get the job done, if they can improve the field position game and eliminate boneheaded special teams plays. 

Bills 30 Bears 19

I imagine we will give him the Lamar Jackson/ Zach Wilson treatment. Make him beat us with his arm and contain him in the pocket. Only thing with that is if he is nailing his throws it could be tough on us because it’s tough to get pressure with that Lamar defense. 

22 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They are too busy counting money on Sundays.

I feel like that is actually less windy than the pats game.  Didn't they have 45mph gusts?

Or is the suppose to be a consistent wind?

I was talking the playoff game

• Like (+1) 1

Bears coming off a shorter week is something to note as well. With back to back Saturday games, this is essentially a normal week for the Bills just accelerated by one day. The Bears have to cut out something, wether it a day off, install, practice, film, etc. 

Advantage, Buffalo.

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

They need a blowout win. Sick of these close games where the offense and defense take turns looking like crap.

Let me say this....I too would love to see us turn in a complete game, ie offense, defense and special teams.  However I don't think we necessarily NEED one at this point in the season.  #1 AFC East, #1 AFC and controlling our destiny for that 1st round bye.

3 hours ago, biLLyBuFFs said:

If Peterman starts, we're doooooooomed!! 😂

Dude, I just got a closer look at your avatar ....is your pumpkin throwin up retatta???

🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Bears coming off a shorter week is something to note as well. With back to back Saturday games, this is essentially a normal week for the Bills just accelerated by one day. The Bears have to cut out something, wether it a day off, install, practice, film, etc. 

Advantage, Buffalo.

I assume that Monday becomes Chicago's day off rather than the usual Monday routine, which I believe consists of meetings and film work.  They'll do practice on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday like Buffalo.  Buffalo probably had meetings and film work today.  

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think they’ll use a 3 man rush with a delayed rush/spy like we saw vs KC. Sit back and play coverage, and let the horses up front go to work. 

then we have to pound the GD rock

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Bills better get their "fundamentals" together this week against the Bears. Gonna see a heavy dose of Montgomery and Herbert. 

lol. im so sick of fundamentals with McD. its like blind faith. and i know hes very religious. sorry get better players in here 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, chaccof said:

Even if we were to lose this game that would not be the reason 

Wonder if the Bills will use a different defensive scheme for this game to deal with Chicago's run game (and lack of passing game).  Will be tough tackling in this weather and I think we can expect a steady diet of running plays from a run oriented run offense, particularly after Miami's success with the rush against us and the expected windy conditions.

Edited by jahnyc

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This will be the coldest game the Bills have played in years. Wind 25-30.  Wind chill -14. The team that runs the ball the best wins.  Forget about Josh slinging it around. 

Kelly slung it around pretty good in -20 wind chill against the Raiders in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Doubt it, winning this one secures the division, they want that bad.

Agree as the saying goes the Bears are playing us on “Hats and Tshirts Day”

34 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Wonder if the Bills will use a different defensive scheme for this game to deal with Chicago's run game (and lack of passing game).  Will be tough tackling in this weather and I think we can expect a steady diet of running plays from a run oriented run offense, particularly after Miami's success with the rush against us and the expected windy conditions.

Miami succeeded with the run against us because we were very concerned to contain Waddle and Hill and the MIa passing game in general.

Who does Chicago have in the pass game that we will have equal concern about?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I imagine we will give him the Lamar Jackson/ Zach Wilson treatment. Make him beat us with his arm and contain him in the pocket. Only thing with that is if he is nailing his throws it could be tough on us because it’s tough to get pressure with that Lamar defense. 

Will depend somewhat on how our DTs injuries are progressing

After the Chicago game there was no talk at all about a Fields injury.  To the contrary, Fields himself is talking about going for the single season record for running by a QB, currently held by Lamar Jackson.  He needs to average 70 yards per game over their last three games to make it.  Possessing a very solid running back in David Montgomery, Chicago is a dangerous team on offense, and Buffalo needs to crank up their discipline several notches on defense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Advantage, Buffalo.

There’s no advantage. Teams do this all the time.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Looks like it’s going to be very cold and windy. Only 8 degrees for a high without windchill. 30 mph winds. Don’t love it, but have to go in and get the job done. 

Containing Fields running the ball has to be the Bills top priority. The guys legs are special. No small task. Montgomery is a much better version of Motsert. I thought the Bears game would be a relatively easy wins a few weeks ago. Not anymore. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Containing Fields running the ball has to be the Bills top priority. The guys legs are special. No small task. Montgomery is a much better version of Motsert. I thought the Bears game would be a relatively easy wins a few weeks ago. Not anymore. 

Agreed. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Bears lead the league in rushing. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.