Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Containing Fields running the ball has to be the Bills top priority. The guys legs are special. No small task. Montgomery is a much better version of Motsert. I thought the Bears game would be a relatively easy wins a few weeks ago. Not anymore. 

Bears don’t have tyreek hill and waddle so the defensive gameplan will be much different. David Montgomery is not much better than mostert.  He is not even better than mostert 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Bears lead the league in rushing. 

Yes correct they aren’t much of a threat passing bc they dont have a lot of weapons and the weapons they do have are all hurt. Mooney, Claypool, former Patriot great N’keal Harry, St Brown had concussion today. Main focus is limit Fields and Montgomery. Bills should be able to rout this team 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chicagobills said:

Yes correct they aren’t much of a threat passing bc they dont have a lot of weapons and the weapons they do have are all hurt. Mooney, Claypool, former Patriot great N’keal Harry, St Brown had concussion today. Main focus is limit Fields and Montgomery. Bills should be able to rout this team 

Have you watched the Bills last 5 or 6 games? They aren't going to route the Bears. This will be a hard fought out battle. Fields and his legs are very very good, weather looks to be very cold but it's the wind that will hurt the Bills passing game. I've heard possible up to 30 MPH. Not sure how valid that is because I saw it on twitter. 

The Bears just played a tough Eagle team to a close game. 

People calling Bills blowouts week after week is getting a little out of hand. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 2

For those worried about the wind

10 minutes ago, Chicagobills said:

Anyone going to the game? I am from Chicago so will definitely be going. It’s supposed to be real cold -5 

I'll be there. I live about 45min away in the burbs, well could be more like 2 hours on game day...

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bears don’t have tyreek hill and waddle so the defensive gameplan will be much different. David Montgomery is not much better than mostert.  He is not even better than mostert 

i do think they will have an easier time tackling Montgomery. But so many bad things happened with the Run D last week that I am not sure what to expect. 

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Have you watched the Bills last 5 or 6 games? They aren't going to route the Bears. This will be a hard fought out battle. Fields and his legs are very very good, weather looks to be very cold but it's the wind that will hurt the Bills passing game. I've heard possible up to 30 MPH. Not sure how valid that is because I saw it on twitter. 

People calling Bills blowouts week after week is getting a little out of hard. 

Bills are favored by 10 for a reason. If we play our best ball this should be an easy win. Fields is tough to stop no doubt but they are very one dimensional. They are playing with a bunch or practice squad wr’s 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

People calling Bills blowouts week after week is getting a little out of hard. 

Hard to take anything some one says  seriously when they get their information off of Twitter

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

10 hours ago, CSBill said:

Bills should win easily in Chicago. But I have been a fan of this team too long to be overconfident. This is the definition of a "trap game." = A game we will be heavy favorites in, on the road, a week before a hugely important game, and this is the NFL--where on any given week any team can get a win. But, yes, we should win easily.

Trap games don't exist. They have done analysis on this and they are simply a figment of fan imagination.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is going to be fun at 1:00pm.  I know the guys like all of these prime time games, but I enjoy Sundays at 1 (I know it’s Saturday this week).  I have a great wing sports bar with a great group of guys and one is a good friend who is from Chicago.  I’ve already told him I’m not going to rub in every play as that’s not cool with friends.  Another guy who was there yesterday is a huge Dolphins fan, and when he saw me he just looked down.  I came up to him and said, hey man I’m not going to rub it in as you’re team played tough in the snow.

He was so funny as he stated in frustration, how does Allen never get injured when he scrambles and runs for it.  My simple answer was because he’s JOSH FREAKIN ALLEN.  He’s a cyborg.

I watched the Bears game yesterday, and it’s going to get ugly for them this Saturday.

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Containing Fields running the ball has to be the Bills top priority. The guys legs are special. No small task. Montgomery is a much better version of Motsert. I thought the Bears game would be a relatively easy wins a few weeks ago. Not anymore. 

Bills game plan typically  is to make a team one dimensional. Can Fields pass the ball successfully enough to force the Bills to respect it? 

12 hours ago, CSBill said:

Bills should win easily in Chicago. But I have been a fan of this team too long to be overconfident. This is the definition of a "trap game." = A game we will be heavy favorites in, on the road, a week before a hugely important game, and this is the NFL--where on any given week any team can get a win. But, yes, we should win easily.

LOL here we go again.  There is no such thing as a “trap game” in the NFL, no matter how many times fans bring it up.  Good teams beat bad teams at the same frequency, whether it is before a “hugely important” game or not.

In addition, this game is to clinch the AFCE.

The Bears will play hard, just as they did yesterday against Philly, but this matchup is particularly bad for Chicago since the Bills don’t typically allow a running QB to beat them — and the Bears have no receivers.

Looking forward to an enjoyable Christmas Eve afternoon with the family watching this one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

The Cincinnati game is 10 days after this one, the Bills will not be overlooking the bears for it. They'd be more likely to overlook the bears for their 3 days off theyll likely get after. 

They won't overlook them for that either 

They won’t overlook them, arcane, I agree.

but man, it seems like that we aren’t catching the bears or the weather at the right time.

we will win, but for the first time for most of the year it looks like the Bears will be a tough out.  

My soul sure could handle and easy Bills victory for the first time in awhile.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This is not a trap game. KC is right there with the Bills. Stupid Texans getting my hopes up for an upset. The Bills know they will most likely have to run the table to keep the #1 seed. So, they will not be overlooking anybody. Stupid Bucs as well blowing that game against the Bengals.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is not a trap game. KC is right there with the Bills. Stupid Texans getting my hopes up for an upset. The Bills know they will most likely have to run the table to keep the #1 seed. So, they will not be overlooking anybody. Stupid Bucs as well blowing that game against the Bengals.

If they win, it’s a t-shirt and hat day. I think that’s all the motivation they’ll need.

• Like (+1) 1

1.   I bet this gets moved. 

2.   Do we employ the Lamar defense vs fields?   We always seem to slow Lamar rushing with the wide and late pressure. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

LOL here we go again.  There is no such thing as a “trap game” in the NFL, no matter how many times fans bring it up.  Good teams beat bad teams at the same frequency, whether it is before a “hugely important” game or not.

The Bears will play hard, just as they did yesterday against Philly, but this matchup is particularly bad for Chicago since the Bills don’t typically allow a running QB to beat them — and the Bears have no receivers.

Looking forward to an enjoyable Christmas Eve afternoon with the family watching this one.

This.  They will run same D as we do vs Lamar.  

This has been a freaky weather year for the Bills! LOL I am not worried about the Bills being able to play in the frigid weather, but the cold and the snow will make this game very interesting! I think this will be the first Bill's game I wont be able to watch in NJ for about 5 weeks!!!! That really sucks!! The Giants are playing at 1, so i think that will be the only game in my area.

11 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

This has been a freaky weather year for the Bills! LOL I am not worried about the Bills being able to play in the frigid weather, but the cold and the snow will make this game very interesting! I think this will be the first Bill's game I wont be able to watch in NJ for about 5 weeks!!!! That really sucks!! The Giants are playing at 1, so i think that will be the only game in my area.

it's the wind that will be the problem

2 hours ago, eball said:

Lol… Steve Young on PTI said there are ABSOLUTELY trap games….

Lets see …Steve Young …or forum poster eball. … ?

I was stationed in Chicago when i was in the Navy. My wife was preggers and we went to Great Lakes for one of her Dr appointments. There was zero snow and it was cold. We were there about an hour, and when we left, there was 6" on the ground and you could not see 2 feet in front of you. The weather there is just as crazy as Buffalo at times. The stadium there blocks very little of anything. If blizzard is the case, it will be an ugly game!

If the Bills can't get in on Friday, have to assume the best that could be done is fly in day of, but the game would likely have to be moved to later in the day/night if that's the case. 

If the current forecast is correct, this doesn't look like it gets played as scheduled.. at least, in Chicago. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.