Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

If the storm is as bad as they are predicting most likely scenario is the game gets moved to Sunday or even Monday night.

How about we move it to Orchard Park? It only seems fitting.  😋

EDIT: I kid, for anyone wondering. The NFL does not stop for cold. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Their whole offense is Fields and all he's concerned about is breaking the QB rushing record. Their pass game sucks and outside of Fields their running game isn't great neither. This kid is scary in the open field but also loves scooting past defenders down the sidelines for 1st downs. Hopefully Frazier realizes this is the game to predominantly go 4-3. They can handle the Bears passing game with 4 DBs.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Chicago ranks 27th in rush defense ypg this season and over the past 3 games. The Bills can and will run the ball on this team. 

Dorsey likes to only run for a half or so. Then for some reason he goes away from running. I hope he has learned it's ok to continue to run if it's effective. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Their whole offense is Fields and all he's concerned about is breaking the QB rushing record. Their pass game sucks and outside of Fields their running game isn't great neither. This kid is scary in the open field but also loves scooting past defenders down the sidelines for 1st downs. Hopefully Frazier realizes this is the game to predominantly go 4-3. They can handle the Bears passing game with 4 DBs.

Could the 3rd LB in this week be Bernard because of his open field athleticism to try and limit Fields?

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Could the 3rd LB in this week be Bernard because of his open field athleticism to try and limit Fields?

He looked completely lost vs ny jets . He’s not going to see the field again on D this year barring injury 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No team is ever going to try and lose. Only wishful thinking. Half of those players are not going to be on that team and no player wants tape of them dogging it when they are looking for their next contract. Those players don't care about their draft status, they want to win.

It worked for Stephon Gilmore.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

3-5" Thursday 
5-8" Thursday Night
3-5" Friday 

Might change.   It's the winds that will turn this nasty.  Looks like a total of 11"-18" total storm.

/smdh...

That's like 1/3 to more than 1/2 of their yearly average in 2 days...they only average 28 inches a year

Edited by Big Turk

37 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

what exactly does this title mean??? 

Josh Allen’s heroics vs. the Bills according to Next Gen stats (msn.com)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-allen-s-heroics-vs-the-bills-according-to-next-gen-stats/ar-AA15sqjB?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=ae9fab45ec654fe79fedf53cc39a6084

It means people are really bad at proof reading.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

I swear to all things Holy, that if I have to watch the Bills on Christmas Day with my in laws I will throw myself in Lake Erie. Thanksgiving was MORE than enough. 

Christmas Eve all the way… no rescheduling… I guess Monday would work too, just a longer wait.

Thank you! No more Thanksgiving Bills games! 

Christmas can't be helped due to the date but next year it's a Monday so it'll work itself out 

Edited by TheFunPolice

8 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Problem is the airports will close.  It’s hard seeing this game happening Saturday.  

It's a charter flight, they don't have to land at Midway/O'Hare - pick decent-sized airport an hour or two away that's open, fly in there, and take buses.

Edited by Commish
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Has to be Klein alternating with Dodson. We need thumpers and Bernard is too light and inexperienced. He looked horrible when he got the start. 

13 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Has to be Klein alternating with Dodson. We need thumpers and Bernard is too light and inexperienced. He looked horrible when he got the start. 

Klein was injured on the opening kickoff of the Fins game and did not return. Will have to wait for status.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/12/17/23514703/a-j-klein-injured-on-opening-play-as-buffalo-bills-vs-miami-dolphins-kicks-off

8 hours ago, CoffeeDrip said:

I swear to all things Holy, that if I have to watch the Bills on Christmas Day with my in laws I will throw myself in Lake Erie. Thanksgiving was MORE than enough. 

Christmas Eve all the way… no rescheduling… I guess Monday would work too, just a longer wait.

two fewer days of rest for the Bengals game would suck, though

• Agree 1

I lived in Chicago for a few years. I've never been to a place that cold and windy. Buffalo might have its snowstorms but in Chicago, your nostrils freeze together. I was working for a place just off Michigan Ave and happened to be looking out the window, when I saw a poor guy in a wheelchair trying to cross the street without any help. The wind blew him off his wheelchair and he rolled around in the street for a few minutes. People tried to help him but he refused help. Someone fetched his wheelchair, which had blown crazily farther away and he eventually got back in it, by himself, and made it across the street. Chicago winters are absolutely brutal but it keeps the riff-raff off the streets. I think you'll see crime plummet a bit in the winter over there.

Edited by Blah Blah

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Thank you! No more Thanksgiving Bills games! 

Christmas can't be helped due to the date but next year it's a Monday so it'll work itself out 

I actually love Thanksgiving games, but the Dallas and NO games were late enough that I could be at home - I hosted both years and everyone was gone prior to kickoff. The early game means I can’t get away. 

34 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

play the Bears and Patriots games in Detroit for sure, because ya know, it’s winter so it’s cold.

Cincinnati maybe that one happens as scheduled but let’s monitor that as it gets cold in Southern Ohio as well 

Temp down here in southern Ohio looks great for Monday 1/2. Around 40 degrees and no precipitation.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Regardless of where/when the final 3 games are played, personally, I’m convinced we’ll win 2 of the 3 -Chi & NE*. It’s the Cincy game for all the AFC marbles! I have no clue about that outcome.🤷‍♂️

Same. Oddly I am a bit more confident in the Bengals game due to the fact that it is a ROAD primetime game. This version of the Bills seems to show up and play well on the road and in primetime games in particular. However, I would still expect it to be close. 

If it were in Buffalo i would say there would be a small chance for a double-digit Bengals win. But being on the road I think the Bills will be locked in a very little chance of a Bengals double-digit win.

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, chaccof said:

This strikes me as a classic game that the Bills can blow through over confidence and looking ahead to Cincinnati the following week.   Sure hope not.   

It is so simple and frankly,lame, to just say "trap game". Do you listen to the interviews with Bills players and coaches? They are professionals, all focusing on one game at a time.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

blow through over confidence a

No!! 

“NFL trap games” are gone—parity (see SB Rams). This is still happens in HS, college—-with vast variability, immaturity, poor rank systems. 

“NFL trap game” chatter is fan lazy, old, cliche talk. 

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Klein was injured on the opening kickoff of the Fins game and did not return. Will have to wait for status.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/12/17/23514703/a-j-klein-injured-on-opening-play-as-buffalo-bills-vs-miami-dolphins-kicks-off

I do not want to see even a healthy Klein attempting to chase down and tackle Fields.  Milano please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.