Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Looks like it’s going to be very cold and windy. Only 8 degrees for a high without windchill. 30 mph winds. Don’t love it, but have to go in and get the job done. 

Agree.  It's going to be another challenging weather day for the game.  No precipitation that I've seen, but that wind is going to play havoc with deep passes.  Staying warm and loose is going to be a huge challenge.

Edited by BigAl2526

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What happened to him?

Looks like a potentially bad hamstring injury...he tripped and got tackled and got up holding his hamstring and then went down to the ground in pain...no medical tent straight to the locker room

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like a potentially bad hamstring injury...he tripped and got tackled and got up holding his hamstring and then went down to the ground in pain...no medical tent straight to the locker room

He came back into the game and threw a TD pass...

The Facts:

Bills are 11-3

Bills currently sit 1st in the AFC

Bills clinched playoff berth

1 win clinches the division and a home playoff game

3 wins clinches first round bye a the playoffs run through Orchard Park.

The opinion:

It starts as an early Christmas gift this year. The Bills are the better team and it isn’t even close. Historically McD teams keep guys like Fields in check. We should be solid on the back end and stout in the run game. Even an offensive sputter will get the job done, if they can improve the field position game and eliminate boneheaded special teams plays. 

Bills 30 Bears 19

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bears have nothing really in the pass game. Cole Kmet their TE might be their most dangerous weapon in the pass game. And he isn't that dangerous.

Then hopefully we blitz more and not have to have Josh carry this team.

• Agree 1

Bills should win easily in Chicago. But I have been a fan of this team too long to be overconfident. This is the definition of a "trap game." = A game we will be heavy favorites in, on the road, a week before a hugely important game, and this is the NFL--where on any given week any team can get a win. But, yes, we should win easily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was Ike Botteger activated today?

I wonder if they can do it retroactively. No news from the Bills, but could they submit the necessary roster moves and it just isn’t processed until tmrw because of all the games and such currently happening? Just speculating 

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Bills should win easily in Chicago. But I have been a fan of this team too long to be overconfident. This is the definition of a "trap game." = A game we will be heavy favorites in, on the road, a week before a hugely important game, and this is the NFL--where on any given week any team can get a win. But, yes, we should win easily.

It's not a trap game when winning the game wins the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

This strikes me as a classic game that the Bills can blow through over confidence and looking ahead to Cincinnati the following week.   Sure hope not.   

100% Trap Game…..

Where I feel it’s a prove it game. Prove you’re disciplined, prove your ability to execute. Prove that you are the team you think you are!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Looks like it’s going to be very cold and windy. Only 8 degrees for a high without windchill. 30 mph winds. Don’t love it, but have to go in and get the job done. 

That’s a windchill of -15 F.

Past unpleasant into painful.

24 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I wonder if they can do it retroactively. No news from the Bills, but could they submit the necessary roster moves and it just isn’t processed until tmrw because of all the games and such currently happening? Just speculating 

I thought today was the deadline.

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Agree.  It's going to be another challenging weather day for the game.  No precipitation that I've seen, but that win is going to play havoc with deep passes.  Staying warm and loose is going to be a huge challenge.

Went to boot camp in Chicago - just a miserable environment - so many times just going outside and my nostrils freezing instantly and I grew in Rochester so it's not like I wasn't used to the cold

26 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edited by Tierlifer
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.