Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW Von Miller in his presser said he was over at Allen's house and didn't even know he was hurt until doing his podcast and all the comments were asking about Allen.  Von said Allen has been his same upbeat prankster joking around self all week. 

Oh sure, Josh is just over there having fun, playing games while we're out here FREAKING OUT!  DOESN'T HE KNOW HOW SERIOUS THIS IS!?!

🤣 :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

way overrated. Not that difficult. it's still the Bills offense. 

Exactly. Who have the Vikings really beat? The Dolphins minus Tua? The Cardinals, Lions, Packers, Saints, Commanders are all garbage. The only quality opponent they faced (Eagles) destroyed them and held them to 7 points. I think they are paper tigers. 

Meanwhile, the Bills have wins against the Ravens, Chiefs, Rams, and Titans. A much more impressive resume. People are foolish if they think we can’t win. I’m not saying it’s a certainty, but def possible. Keenum obviously has chemistry with Diggs, the running game is better than people think, and the Defense & pass rush is tops in the league. 

Edit: this is all hypothetical because Allen WILL play. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Josh with the Marty McFly hat

Bills Media: "Will you be out this week?"

Allen: "No"

Media "No?"

Allen: "yeah, what are you, deaf and stupid? I said no"

back to the future spinning GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Now why don't you guys make a tree and get out a here

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Are people saying that lol?  Tre white not yet in game shape may not be better than elam or benford or Dane Jackson right now that’s likely all it is 

I think there's a feeling that he is still favoring the other leg. Apparently that happens a lot when people have had these serious knee injuries, there's that mental block that it's going to re-injure so it makes them hesitant. It actually makes sense 

27 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Exactly. Who have the Vikings really beat? The Dolphins minus Tua? The Cardinals, Lions, Packers, Saints, Commanders are all garbage. The only quality opponent they faced (Eagles) destroyed them and held them to 7 points. I think they are paper tigers. 

Meanwhile, the Bills have wins against the Ravens, Chiefs, Rams, and Titans. A much more impressive resume. People are foolish if they think we can’t win. I’m not saying it’s a certainty, but def possible. Keenum obviously has chemistry with Diggs, the running game is better than people think, and the Defense & pass rush is tops in the league. 

Edit: this is all hypothetical because Allen WILL play. 

Keenum looked like ***** in the preseason.  His arm looked pretty weak.  The guy has some moxie but not a lot else.  But I agree about the Vikings.  They don't really pass the smell test as a real good team.  And I agree that Josh should and will play.  The guy is like Jimbo.  He is a tough football player.  And football players play when nicked up.  

As for Tre, anyone have some real scoop on his status?  The Bills have been so tight lipped about things.  You really have to wonder if he plays much if at all this season.  But Benford Elam and Jackson better be ready to cover Jefferson and Thielen.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They can't win with Keenum by putting the weight on his shoulders.  Keenum can't hurdle players, can't outrun LBs, can't throw 70 yd lasers, can't juke DBs. Keenum can't outplay Cousins. Keenum will need assistance!! 

Maybe lots of the "push the QB forward" plays...

This seems pretty straightforward knowing how McDermott approaches injuries. If he doesn't practice tomorrow,  he will be OUT. If he does, it's still 50/50. If he practices Friday,  he's playing.  I fully expect him to not practice tomorrow,  be put, then be back against the Browns.

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

This seems pretty straightforward knowing how McDermott approaches injuries. If he doesn't practice tomorrow,  he will be OUT. If he does, it's still 50/50. If he practices Friday,  he's playing.  I fully expect him to not practice tomorrow,  be put, then be back against the Browns.

I fully expect him not to play.  It doesn't make sense for him to play.

If he sits on Sunday, we will not lose the season.

If he plays on Sunday and makes things worse, we COULD lose the season.

No brainer.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Are people saying that lol?  Tre white not yet in game shape may not be better than elam or benford or Dane Jackson right now that’s likely all it is 

I've seen it several times, including this that I reacted to:

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

"I’m not even gonna bother asking about White.  Maybe he’ll be mentally ready to get out there by the road playoff game at KC. "

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yes due to some of the stuff in there...I don't see Allen saying he'd love to go hang 40 on someone 

My concern is, if he does play, he'll be overhyped going off those comments. Add in compensating for his arm and poor last five quarters, it adds up to issues on offense again.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Absolutely. The entire team will have to step up. Defense needs to bring its "A" game. The Bills need a strong performance running the ball with Singletary. Minnesota barely beat Washington last week. This is a second straight road game for them. The Vikings are good, but they are very beatable.

The Vikings are good.  But, not 7-1 good.  They are very well coached and playing great.  They also have had a soft schedule and played 3 back up QB's.

We can beat them without Josh, but, yes it will be a tough game.  Agreed on the D and need some starters back.

Dalvin Cook worries me.  Not sure we can stop him.

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I fully expect him not to play.  It doesn't make sense for him to play.

If he sits on Sunday, we will not lose the season.

If he plays on Sunday and makes things worse, we COULD lose the season.

No brainer.

I agree and am leaning towards this.  Sort of hope he sits out and does not have long term elbow issues.

24 minutes ago, muppy said:

another perspective regarding playing minnesota

allendiggs.jpg

I believe Allen's actual quote was, "yeah, you know, it's a week-to-week league and I just want to do what I can to help this team win football games. Go Bills." 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen Not Practicing Wednesday, Unlikely to Play Against Vikings

NFL

Nov 9, 2022, 12:11 pm (updated: Nov 9, 2022, 5:11 pm)

byDavid Chao, MDJerry Hizon MDJacob Sisneros

Bills star quarterback Josh Allen will not practice Wednesday as he recovers from a right elbow injury he suffered at the end of the Week 9 loss to the Jets.

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott said “we'll see” when asked about Allen's status for this Sunday against the Vikings.

McDermott's response fits what the Pro Football Docs detailed yesterday: playing Allen would risk further injury to his elbow and likely isn't worth the risk for the team. 

Allen's elbow injury is not season-ending and will not require surgery at the moment. However, if he plays with a partial tear and is hit in a similar way to his Week 9 injury, this could turn into a full UCL tear and require Tommy John surgery.

Buffalo cannot win the Super Bowl in this November matchup, but they could lose it if they play Allen and he further injures his elbow, according to the Pro Football Docs.

That is why the Bills are likely to take a cautious approach and start Case Keenum against his former team this week.

Sean McDermott: "We believe in Case Keenum."

— Alaina Getzenberg (@agetzenberg) November 9, 2022

Buffalo faces the Browns in Week 11 and the Lions in Week 12, thus it would not be surprising to see Allen miss the next three weeks to allow the elbow to fully recover before two divisional opponents in Week 13 and 14.

When Allen suffered a UCL sprain in his rookie season, 2018, he missed four games. The hope is this injury will not keep him out that long, but Buffalo would be smart to treat it with the same caution.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Golden said:

NFL

Bills star quarterback Josh Allen will not practice Wednesday as he recovers from a right elbow injury he suffered at the end of the Week 9 loss to the Jets.

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott said “we'll see” when asked about Allen's status for this Sunday against the Vikings.

McDermott's response fits what the Pro Football Docs detailed yesterday: playing Allen would risk further injury to his elbow and likely isn't worth the risk for the team. 

Allen's elbow injury is not season-ending and will not require surgery at the moment. However, if he plays with a partial tear and is hit in a similar way to his Week 9 injury, this could turn into a full UCL tear and require Tommy John surgery.

Buffalo cannot win the Super Bowl in this November matchup, but they could lose it if they play Allen and he further injures his elbow, according to the Pro Football Docs.

That is why the Bills are likely to take a cautious approach and start Case Keenum against his former team this week.

Buffalo faces the Browns in Week 11 and the Lions in Week 12, thus it would not be surprising to see Allen miss the next three weeks to allow the elbow to fully recover before two divisional opponents in Week 13 and 14.

When Allen suffered a UCL sprain in his rookie season, 2018, he missed four games. The hope is this injury will not keep him out that long, but Buffalo would be smart to treat it with the same caution.

Hard to argue with this...

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Golden said:

NFL

Makes sense. I wish Josh wasn't missing off the back of a poor passing performance though. It's a bit like losing before a bye - it's horrible having to wait to try and shake it off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

There is no way he said this. Quote the actual interview or I don't believe it. 

lol what, cross my heart and hope to die it's true  won't cut it for you?

if it's banter it's banter.  It was in quotes. I rest my case.

😶

14 minutes ago, MPL said:

I believe Allen's actual quote was, "yeah, you know, it's a week-to-week league and I just want to do what I can to help this team win football games. Go Bills." 

yeah but that's so cliche' and boring. Im tempted to type "why so serious" then I remember who we are discussing and I hush. lol

46 minutes ago, muppy said:

another perspective regarding playing minnesota

allendiggs.jpg

Yeah, I think that's fake AF

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

lol what, cross my heart and hope to die it's true  won't cut it for you?

if it's banter it's banter.  It was in quotes. I rest my case.

Huh?  I mean, anyone can put something in quotes.  Where and to whom was it supposedly said?

When has Allen ever said anything to generate controversy and bulletin board material before a game?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Golden said:

NFL

What a garbage OPINION based post coming across as fact.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, I think that's fake AF

Huh?  I mean, anyone can put something in quotes.  Where and to whom was it supposedly said?

When has Allen ever said anything to generate controversy and bulletin board material before a game?

FINE. geesh. y'all can go back to your "sources"  no light hearted banter allowed  whatever. I said it was "In quotes" as snark but never mind. @-@

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Golden said:

NFL

We don’t know it’s a partial tear though…

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, this is stupid. At any point in his career if he takes a similar hit he risks a full tear. Waiting one, two three weeks does not change this...

So he should never have seen the field in 2018 after a partial UCL tear that kept him out 5 games?  C'Mon man.  Most Grade II sprains heal without surgery.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.