Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This right here exemplifies everything wrong with todays youth.  I would have gladly taken two kicks to the nuts by Sebastian Janikowski to go to any Bills game with my father when I was a kid….Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, didn’t matter.  

In all fairness to the kid, he probably picks one game this year and absolutely loves Allen. I totally get it.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Keenum plays I think it will help the Bills get them out of their funk. This team relies on Josh to do everything and sometimes to a fault. With Keenum the rest of the team knows they will have to pick it up. A vet QB like Keenum is good enough to get wins if Josh misses some time. This isn't a TEN situation where they give Henry the ball a 100 times a game because they have no passing game. Keenum can be a productive QB.

I tend to agree. Keenum isn’t making any wow plays but he’ll take what the defense gives and get the ball out quick. They will need to establish some form of a run game and get a little creative but they can win some of these games with him. I prefer they don’t have to play him lol but I don’t think we need to panic if he starts a couple games. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This right here exemplifies everything wrong with todays youth.  I would have gladly taken two kicks to the nuts by Sebastian Janikowski to go to any Bills game with my father when I was a kid….Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, didn’t matter.  

It's also me spending a ton of money to go up there.  I'm looking at with flights, hotels, food and tickets...a little over $2,000.  I would rather watch Allen play than Keenum for that kind of money.

If I was local, I would have season tickets.

This is not a sign of "what's wrong with today's youth."

Edited by Royale with Cheese

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I'm a grown ass man, and I'D be pretty disappointed if I was traveling to ONE game this year and I wasn't gonna get to see Josh Allen play in it.

Missing out on seeing the best player in the NFL due to injury is a reasonable justification for disappointment, child or not, and is not indicative of "what's wrong with today's youth".

GIF by Giphy QA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I tend to agree. Keenum isn’t making any wow plays but he’ll take what the defense gives and get the ball out quick. They will need to establish some form of a run game and get a little creative but they can win some of these games with him. I prefer they don’t have to play him lol but I don’t think we need to panic if he starts a couple games. 

Keenum needs to be this Bills team's version of Frank Reich. Remember the times #12 got hurt and we all thought gloom and doom. Frank did well and not just the comeback game either. He played well in a number of games. I expect (hope) Keenum does the same thing now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I just googled UCL grade 1 and it states 8-12 weeks recovery, so yeah, Allen will force himself into the game this Sunday.

That is likely the recovery time for a pitcher in baseball. The baseball throwing motion is much more aggressive/structurally bad for your arm compared to football 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That is likely the recovery time for a pitcher in baseball. The baseball throwing motion is much more aggressive/structurally bad for your arm compared to football 

It's why Tommy John surgery for a QB is much, much less recovery time.  

It's like 15 months with a baseball player.  It's like 6-8 months with a QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Grasping at straws, but perhaps if Josh is missing a game or two it will force Dorsey and co to try and implement a run game of sorts. If it works, then they can continue to execute it when Josh returns. Of course, if it doesn't... 

I would prefer if Josh didn't miss any game time, of course.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Keenum needs to be this Bills team's version of Frank Reich. Remember the times #12 got hurt and we all thought gloom and doom. Frank did well and not just the comeback game either. He played well in a number of games. I expect (hope) Keenum does the same thing now.

Keenum is God awful and I would expect to lose ALL games he starts.

Just the way it is.

PS:  It's the same for EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Keenum is God awful and I would expect to lose ALL games he starts.

Just the way it is.

PS:  It's the same for EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

Then the OL and Singletary better get that run game going.

26 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Keenum plays I think it will help the Bills get them out of their funk. This team relies on Josh to do everything and sometimes to a fault. With Keenum the rest of the team knows they will have to pick it up. A vet QB like Keenum is good enough to get wins if Josh misses some time. This isn't a TEN situation where they give Henry the ball a 100 times a game because they have no passing game. Keenum can be a productive QB.

keenum will make us remember the intermediate passing game and taking what a defense gives you.  this may also prove helpful if the weather is crumby in a playoff game, whether that game is in OP or on the road.  Time to break the tendency to rely big play football all the time…. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.