Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

35 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hasn't Tre White been called "day to day" by McDermott and missed more than one game since that declaration was first made?

Different situation...that is getting back into football shape and more importantly GAMEDAY football shape, which should be expected to take longer.

54 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I think thats a gross misinterpretation. He didn't say he threw it blind, he said he thought the DB was "sucked in" and Knox was by himself. It just so happened that the DE obscured the DB. Should he have seen it? Of course.

Still I don't agree that the majority of these are bc he is trying to move mountains rather than taking what's given to him. Just a series of poor decisions.

I agree, (despite being a mountain of a man)

Myself personally, Josh Allen's mind reads and reacts so fast the poor decisions you speak of were made in a split second that often times relies on target tendencies IMO.

Edited by Figster

52 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Notice the wording.

This isn't sourcing.  It's a guess.  

When McDermott held Allen out yesterday he was more than likely to hold Allen out today and probably even tomorrow.  The key will be the injury report tomorrow as that will be the best hint.  We already know McDermott said he's taking things "day-to-day" with Allen and said "we'll see" in reference to Allen playing Sunday.  Allen didn't practice yesterday and isn't practicing today so unless he fell/falls down the stairs or something, he hasn't and won't suffer a setback.  So the question will be how he's looking tomorrow and more importantly how he's feeling Sunday.

Allen could still not play Sunday.  I still think he will while also thinking he won't practice tomorrow, either.

This still seems like the most likely and least-opined take to me

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

My concern with the Browns game is Hunt and Chubb unless we tighten up on execution with the run defense. If it becomes a shoot out a lack of Josh might cost us. And Minnesota have Cook. We shut Henry down brilliantly earlier in the season and have to get back to that.

Chub and Hunt are a worry. Cook has not been his usual self this season. He has been very pedestrian. His yards after contact/carry are right on league average. I’m hopeful we can limit him this Sunday. 

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He will miss one game if that and that is only because they ARE abundantly cautious.  Half the teams in the NFL would probably start him.

The Dolphins sent their franchise QB back out when he had brains leaking out of his ears. The Bills rest guys who brush their teeth too hard and accidentally make their gums bleed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

We don't know that. A sprain can include tearing. We haven't been given this information.

See this is where all the insiders fall short. 

They all got word from the national guys about the nature of the injury. 

But they have no update past the initial diagnosis that was thrown around. 

Like today, is there any swelling? Have they continued to take images, and if so, what have those concluded? 

The guy who said it's partially torn, well I assume he still knows Josh's girlfriend, have the texts about his elbow suddenly stopped? 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Apparently this is the guy some of you want starting this week:

Case looked horrible in preseason. 

He looked small, and like a guy that was just happy he thought he'd never have to go in. 

Nice job Buffalo Bills media lately trying to pump him up, and talk about his Minnesota days, but he looked horrible the last time he was in. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

See this is where all the insiders fall short. 

They all got word from the national guys about the nature of the injury. 

But they have no update past the initial diagnosis that was thrown around. 

Like today, is there any swelling? Have they continued to take images, and if so, what have those concluded? 

The guy who said it's partially torn, well I assume he still knows Josh's girlfriend, have the texts about his elbow suddenly stopped? 

Case looked horrible in preseason. 

He looked small, and like a guy that was just happy he thought he'd never have to go in. 

Nice job Buffalo Bills media lately trying to pump him up, and talk about his Minnesota days, but he looked horrible the last time he was in. 

There's something to be said for ball control, no turnovers, no flag-fest....they don't need Keenum to win the game...just don't Lose it!   No stupid risky throws, (See Wilson, Zach last weekend).

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

uh, yeah he did....that is what a sprain is, they just don't know to what extent...probably small

Of course they know to what extent-- I am sure he has had every test imaginable, probably even applied leeches to help heal the damn thing.  😮

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Apparently this is the guy some of you want starting this week:

Nobody wants Keenum to start.  People are just facing the reality that it may have to happen.  We get it.  You think Josh is going to start.  No need to spam the thread with your opinion over and over.  The speculation is pointless.  Either he starts or he rests.  Opinions arent going to change that.  It doesnt matter whose opinion ends up correct. You dont get brownie points for it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Allen hints he will be out a month?

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Twitter is the most toxic “place” on earth now.  @Drspanker1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

why post this?

Just now, BillsBy50 said:

You thought @DrSpanker1 was Josh 😆 

I see the plan to sell blue check marks to get rid of fake accounts is going well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What information is this based on?

Based on him leaving the game in obvious pain immediately after the play his rookie year and grimacing in pain on the sideline when examined versus him flexing his arm as if he lost feeling in his arm not because he was in pain this past Sunday.  Also uncorking a ball 70 yards afterwards with no visible pain reaction caught on camera is probably a pretty good indication.

It's honestly common sense more than anything.  You can't uncork a ball 70 yards with the same injury where you couldn't even move your arm without being in severe pain 4 years ago.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Me either.

Just not our year. Too much to overcome.

Lol. So just like that, it's over?  I personally am confident that even IF Josh has to miss something like 4 games, Keenum can go 2-2, with all of the talent on this roster. Then Josh comes back, much closer to healthy, and gets us back on track. I have always assumed that there would be bumps in the road this season, and that. we would most likely lose 5 games, so this would mean Josh could lose 1 more when he gets back, and we end at 12-5.  Still potentially good enough for the #1 seed in the AFC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol. So just like that, it's over?  I personally am confident that even IF Josh has to miss something like 4 games, Keenum can go 2-2, with all of the talent on this roster. Then Josh comes back, much closer to healthy, and gets us back on track. I have always assumed that there would be bumps in the road this season, and that. we would most likely lose 5 games, so this would mean Josh could lose 1 more when he gets back, and we end at 12-5.  Still potentially good enough for the #1 seed in the AFC.  

I think you're VASTLY overrating the talent on the roster.

Vastly. Davis has been a huge disappointment. Knox has done little to nothing. The RBs are...average. The OL...average.

And the defense? Gutted. So, yeah, I think expecting 2-2 in a 4 game stretch is pretty lofty.

EDIT:

12-5 may not win the division, let alone secure the #1 seed. Find three more losses for KC

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Ya at this point, just get in the playoffs.

1 seed or not, if the bills have a healthy Josh Allen and a healthy roster, no one is going to want to face the bills as the bills proved they can beat anyone. (Wins against at Baltimore, KC)

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.