Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is getting ridiculous just report what he has and let’s get going. The Bills being super tight lipped about this I mean as if game prep for Case Keenum is some secret weapon guys been in the league for a decade. 

I demand a statement from Kim Pegula and I demand it 5 hours ago.  How can they do this to us?!?! We're family for f@#$sake!!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Exactly. The babying of Tre White is getting ridiculous to

It's pure grasping on my part and it sounds dumb, but it kind of feels like some players are getting "vet rest" games off this season..  Just the way guys finish games and look OK, then all of a sudden next week pops up and they are OUT.     

I think if the record starts to fall apart, their will be important players pushing through it.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

From everything I've heard from sports medicine/PT people, this statement is completely false. 

Adrenaline cannot mask structural damage.  There's no chance he could physically throw the ball that far, with that velocity, if the damage was severe. 

Could that throw have caused damage?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

This is where I'm at.

If he went on today, I'd be hopeful he may say it was a minor tweak and he's hopeful to get out there on Sunday.

Reading the tea leaves, this is to allow McDermott to brief the press that he's out X amount of games and give a timeline/breakdown of what we're dealing with.  

Maybe we're all way off, but Kyle Brandt and Josh Allen didn't just randomly have a scheduling conflict on a show they do every week.

I agree this is for McDermott to make the announcement what a tool. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's been a year since he sustained the injury. He has been practicing for a month and he's been out of the red non contact jersey for 2 weeks. I believe it was Fraizer who at one point last week said he was basically ready go. He did pre game warm ups and then they held him out last minute. I understand being cautious but now they are taking it to extremes

I don't get what that has to do with why Brandt can't do an interview lol

Some claim Met Life turf has been responsible for those type of injuries well above league average...might have been the surface they were playing on as much as anything else last game.

Just now, Logic said:

I'm mentally and emotionally prepared for him to miss four games. 

If it's worse than that, I'm gonna drive my car off a mountain.

I've already prepared for season ending..  that way i will feel emotionally uplifted if it's "just" 4-6 weeks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I'm mentally and emotionally prepared for him to miss four games. 

If it's worse than that, I'm gonna drive my car off a mountain.

It could just be one game... minor strain and they just want to be cautious.  

I'd be shocked if he's playing Sunday given the mystery surrounding this now...

HOWEVER, they're not going to have Allen self announce he's out Sunday, even if it's just Sunday.  

Heck, they may not even want him self-announcing he's questionable for Sunday fwiw. 

Just now, zow2 said:

I've already prepared for season ending..  that way i will feel emotionally uplifted if it's "just" 4-6 weeks. 

Why would you expect him to miss more time when a similar injury that he was immediately in pain with and was seen on the sideline in pain as they were testing it only caused him to miss 4 games?  70 yard throws are not made with injuries that require you to miss 4 games.

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's not babying, it's him demonstrating to them that he is gameday ready. You don't go from not doing an activity for 11 months to back to normal immediately.  This isn't Madden, it's real life.

Shhh, let him go. Any minute he is going to talk about how he beat Canisius for the Monsigner Martin championship with a twisted ankle he got from sneaking out of his GF bedroom after a midnight HJ. 

Those were the days when men were men. 

And ACL injuries were for girls...

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Allen not tweeting or saying anything worries me a bit, and IMO it's likely because the extent is just not known yet. 

I don't know for sure, but I would guess the league has strict rules about that...a tweet from a player about his injury status could have significant impact on gambling lines.  A player who wanted to manipulate the line for whatever reason could do so...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.