Must admit I love when Nance and Romo call our games…

78thealltimegreat

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You can tell these two clearly love calling Bills games with Romo comparing Josh to Michael Jordan last week and Jim practically jumping out of his chair when Josh throws a TD to Gabe Davis. 

In addition Romodomous predicted 24-20…. final score 24-20.

I want to see the sheet he handed to Nance saying 24-20 Buffalo!!!😉

And yes they are the best to listen to.

Edited by Billsfan1972

I think every announcer loves calling Bills games. Allen is one the most exciting players to watch. The Bills are an exciting team to watch. I bet Michaels and Herbstreit would love to have the Bills on TNF after those back to back snoozefest's they just called.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I need to watch this game again because I was at a watch party and too much going on. I hope it is replayed because i forgot to dvr it

I am sure the NFLN will replay it this week. The schedule of when hasn't come out yet

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I like them. For me they're the closest to the old school announcing teams I grew up listening to. Especially Romo. I know his enthusiasm rubs some people the wrong way but for me he's light years more engaging than stroke victims like Aikman and Collinsworth

Didn’t know that about Aikman and Collinsworth.

Romo is the best I've ever heard as a color guy in any sport and it's not close. He has a way of talking about the action that brings tremendous insight to people that already know the game as well as casual fans who might not always know what they're seeing. John Madden had the latter, but being able to combine the two seamlessly while being entertaining is a an extremely rare gift.

• Agree 5

18 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You can tell these two clearly love calling Bills games with Romo comparing Josh to Michael Jordan last week and Jim practically jumping out of his chair when Josh throws a TD to Gabe Davis. 

In addition Romodomous predicted 24-20…. final score 24-20.

Yeah, they called a great game except when Romo sounds like he wants to make out with Mahomes.

I'm pretty good with most announcers except Ian Eagle.  That dude pisses me off.

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I need to watch this game again because I was at a watch party and too much going on. I hope it is replayed because i forgot to dvr it

NFL Network should replay it this week, they don't have it on the schedule yet, just a lot of "Teams To Be Announced".  

There's also NFL+, the game is up there now. 

They are both good.  Romo was a bit of a KC homer yesterday, kinda pulled back later in the game.

What I want from Romo is more insider football knowledge.  When he started, he would call what he thought the next play was.  Understand how that probably doesn’t sit well with coaches.  Would like more explanation of what the QB saw on a play, or why a play worked.

31 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I couldn't really hear Romo over the crowd noise

The production director can make this go anyway he/she wants. He's on a directional mic. I guess I can go either way with it but I do like to hear Romo's take. 

How many here saw pre-snap Davis 1:1 (TD) and screamed at their TV for Josh to target him?

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

When he started, he would call what he thought the next play was.

AGREED!

Loved Romo in the beginning. Who the flip cares what coaches hear!?  He is there for US not THEM.

If other coaches are learning from a Romo Broadcast, they suck at their jobs.

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It's too bad John Madden never got to call a game with Josh Allen. I think Allen would have been a favorite player of Madden's. 

Apparently he was, even if he didn't say so publicly. From Tim Graham's article last month:

“John Madden was fixated by Josh Allen,” said Los Angeles Times reporter Sam Farmer, who communicated regularly with Madden until the football icon’s December death. In texts, Madden referred to Allen as “an animal,” “a beast” and “worth the price of admission.”

https://theathletic.com/3546121/2022/09/01/josh-allen-bills/

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Thought Nantz was biased against us but that could be my bias thinking everyone else is biased against us. Romo was great as always.

Nantz is biased FOR the Bills. He has a good relationship with Josh Allen.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

The production director can make this go anyway he/she wants. He's on a directional mic. I guess I can go either way with it but I do like to hear Romo's take. 

How many here saw pre-snap Davis 1:1 (TD) and screamed at their TV for Josh to target him?

AGREED!

Loved Romo in the beginning. Who the flip cares what coaches hear!?  He is there for US not THEM.

If other coaches are learning from a Romo Broadcast, they suck at their jobs.

Dick Ebersol's been on record saying that Romo's mailing it in

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Romo is the best I've ever heard as a color guy in any sport and it's not close. He has a way of talking about the action that brings tremendous insight to people that already know the game as well as casual fans who might not always know what they're seeing. John Madden had the latter, but being able to combine the two seamlessly while being entertaining is a an extremely rare gift.

I agree with that assessment of Romo.  He is good for big fans and casual fans alike.  I think that is the difference.  Tim McCarver was always seen as a great baseball analyst but he’d just explain overly simplistic things as if someone was watching their first game.  That’s fine but not enough.  Romo does both.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.