Titans changing policy to limit opposing fans

JÂy RÛßeÒ

33 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

I still don't understand what the hell this means.  Tickets are listed all over the internet for the game as we speak.  So, am I to think I can't buy them right now and go to the game?

Or second, there are thousands of tickets for almost every sporting event for sale online nowadays.  What does a transfer restriction actually do or prevent?  I mean, if for some magical reason a Bills fan living in Virginia, can't buy a ticket today (how the hell would they even know that?), I can still go and know that when I get there, that there will still be thousands of tickets available 24 hours before the game and buy them on my phone at a hotel in Nashville.

I'm missing something I'm sure, because if not, this is pretty stupid.

The hold basically means they can be listed, and can be purchased, but the seller can't actually transfer them to the buyer until 24 hours before a game.

I think they just want it to seem scarier than it is to dissuade people from selling/buying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The Titans fans should protest by not showing up at the stadium.

This would impact concession and merchandise sales and show the management  team who really has the power.

Titans fans?

I assumed all their season ticket holders were speculators.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is bull shirt. I just bought a pair of tickets for the AFCCG in Buffalo and Nashville.  I have the Titans tickets in my Apple wallet already. I’m actually waiting for my tickets to the Ralph still. 

I figure I can just resell or cancel without much issue. 

Edited by Mango

10 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Is there a single goddamn thing to like about that team and fanbase? Bring back the Oilers. 

Nope, the Titans are the lamest franchise in the NFL.

By the way everyone, I am a TN resident. I have no intention of going to the game if the Bills play the Titans in the AFC Championship.

So if my TN residence can help anyone get tickets, please let me know. I'm not sure how it all works, but glad to help.

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Although this ticket policy is for the next game & Cincinnati fans, Buffalo definitely contributed to this policy.

I was at the 2019 game in Nashville. There were almost as many Bills fans as Titan fans at that game. One Nashville columnist said it was the largest opposing fan crowd he had ever seen at a Titans game.  Another local media person said something along the lines of  “people have been complaining the crowd noise hasn’t been loud enough in Nissan Stadium. Well, I heard a very loud crowd response today, unfortunately it was when Buffalo scored!”  A very large number of us will find a way to get our tickets if both teams win this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Although this ticket policy is for the next game & Cincinnati fans, Buffalo definitely contributed to this policy.

I was at the 2019 game in Nashville. There were almost as many Bills fans as Titan fans at that game. One Nashville columnist said it was the largest opposing fan crowd he had ever seen at a Titans game.  Another local media person said something along the lines of  “people have been complaining the crowd noise hasn’t been loud enough in Nissan Stadium. Well, I heard a very loud crowd response today, unfortunately it was when Buffalo scored!”  A very large number of us will find a way to get our tickets if both teams win this weekend. 

I’ve been at the Nashville games three of the last four years. The Covid year breaking my streak. We owned that joint most of the time. It’s a cool city to visit, but not every “Bills fan” was a “football fan”.  People hear Nashville and say let’s go! 

The people sitting behind us this season were all in Bills jerseys. I was amazed at how loud the crowd was when we were on offense despite owning half the seats. I turned around to find our “fans” screaming at the top of their lungs while we were on offense. We had to have a talk. “Josh is trying to talk to his peeps, STFU”. OH! We didn’t know! 

Strangely, the guy behind me started patting my head after good plays. OK, we’re all in a good mood. High five, carry on. Eventually he says “your hair is all wet!”  I say “I know, you keep spilling beer on me!”   😂  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Just another reason to hate them. I don't think the Bengals win it. Too young, I think they get punched in the mouth.

But I'm rooting for them. Much better if they lose in Orchard Park.

Agreed.  I think the lack of playoff experience catches up to them this weekend.  That and Henry is back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

It has nothing to do w geography.  Doesn’t matter where the buyer is from, it is just a time limit restriction

I vaguely recall that previous attempts to restrict ticket sales based on geographic location were met with legal action for discrimination and market manipulation.  So these new non-geographic restrictions are just the new way to tip toe that legal line.

On top of that, such blatant off-field ways to influence the outcome of a game are generally frowned upon.  Manipulating what is supposed to be an open market to reinforce a greater home field advantage is functionally the same as pumping in crowd noise.  It's basically the football equivalent of gerrymandering, "redrawing the lines" to ensure an advantage. 

Plus it's just a weak B word move to prop up weaker fanbases.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How does this work with stubhub? Once someone already has the tickets how can they stop them from being transferred? What am I missing? 

For the record I think Cincinnati wins that game and we are playing Championship in Buffalo

The tickets aren't released to the sellers until 24 hours before the game. 

The transfer to the buyer cannot happen until after the release. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, GottaRun said:

Exactly.  If you've ever posted that Bills fans and season ticket holders shouldn't sell to visiting fans, then you must be in support of the Titans decision.   

Sabres fans are always complaining about Toronto fans at their arena.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The hold basically means they can be listed, and can be purchased, but the seller can't actually transfer them to the buyer until 24 hours before a game.

I think they just want it to seem scarier than it is to dissuade people from selling/buying.

Gotta be this.  Because who really cares.  You buy them and they hit your phone in plenty of time to get in.  I think it's more a scare tactic.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, brianthomas said:

without having researched any of this, i imagine with a geolocating service. Such as out of State ticket orders or something like that. They could just setup a condition or filter to disallow transactions outside Tennessee... something like that i imagine

Like the Bills do with season tickets.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:25 AM, JMF2006 said:

Thats for season tickets to prevent out of town ticket brokers from taking over.

That is not true.  It is excuse for teams to sell to ticket agencies who pay a premium.  They already sell to partnered brokers.

Bills used to give registered Bills Backers groups ability to buy tickets and those were not being sold to opposition fans.

20 hours ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

There were almost as many Bills fans as Titan fans at that game. 

I remember seeing a picture of the concourse from that game.  It was like playing "Where's Waldo" except you had to find the Titans fan in a sea of Bills fans. 

Edited by Just Jack

On 1/20/2022 at 9:20 AM, Blainorama5 said:

Hope that cow is supposed to represent a buffalo....  lol

Haha!  That isn’t a cow !  Not a Buffalo either ,,,,,,but not even close to being a cow !   Not a big farm type person , huh? LOL!  Bulls / Bills running over the Thumbtacks is always a pleasant thought!  If we get there after beating the Pats/ Chiefs , it would be great karma heading into the SB to finish off the third of the terrible three that we have had things nightmares and bad off seasons have been created by vanquished , and would be one of the best, of not the best run to a SB the Bills would have ever put together!  

If we can beat those three with two having been in away stadiums , I would be pretty confident in our final step bringing the Lombardi finally to Bufffalo!   The only more perfect scenario , but has already been precluded, would have been beating the Cowboys for the SB win !   That would finally have erased years of watching the smug Jimmy Johnson yelling “ how bout those cowboys?! “ in years of pregame shows, commercials, and all the reviews of prior superbowls !   Beating a smug Rodgers would be the a pretty acceptable compromise tho , and would be the epic season to forever be remembered in Bills lore!   How good would it feel to have finally overcome that Afc championship loss last year with Diggs staring in disbelief ; the Pats being so thoroughly beaten that it makes them obsess in the off-season about facing Allen for so many more years to come and putting the memory of Brady finally behind us: getting revenge in Tennessee for the music city miracle and Josh slipping on the last play of the game , and last but not least , finally ending the confusion between cows and bulls!  Lol!   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.