Titans changing policy to limit opposing fans

JÂy RÛßeÒ

https://apple.news/AQn4CqaEDSWWml2470Sz2ng

“We want Nissan Stadium to be two tone blue. And so by limiting this transfer window, it also limits the number of visiting team fans that we’ll have in the stadium. By limiting that transfer time would limit some of the resale and some of that transfer activity that would happen in advance.”

Under the new rules, tickets can’t be transferred to someone else until 24 hours before kickoff.

It must be embarrassing for the team when over half the stadium is cheering for the visiting team.  I guess they'd rather have empty seats than seats with the other team's fans in them.  We never miss a Nashville Bills game.  We live two hours away and Nashville is a fantastic city to visit.

• Like (+1) 6

wow what a cry baby loser rule...

Maybe you should get better fans?

24 hrs is not going to stop the Bills mafia from attending in mass.

To be honest the NFL itself should not be supporting this rule, limiting access because you can't get enough of your own fans to attend

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How do you even police this? Are they just thinking that by limiting to 24 hrs you can't find transportation from.... wherever home is?

Is there gonna be an interview question that says are you a Titans fan? Even still is this honor system? For a Bills AFC championship... if I wanted to go. Yes I am "a titans fan".

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s because Bills fans take over that stadium :lol:

And Cinci is only a 4 hr trip so they could literally take over seeing as they have been in a play off drought them selves it may be a good move for the Titans but they won't have to worry about me i'll be all nice & warm in my living room ...

5 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

How do you even police this? Are they just thinking that by limiting to 24 hrs you can't find transportation from.... wherever home is?

Is there gonna be an interview question that says are you a Titans fan? Even still is this honor system? For a Bills AFC championship... if I wanted to go. Yes I am "a titans fan".

They can't police it.

The people can sell their tickets to whoever they want and don't know who buys them as soon as they list them on Ticketmaster.

It'll just be a crazy 24 hours as Bills fans mass buy the tickets in that window.

9 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

good question. lots of tickets on stubhub right now--no indication they can't be bought and transferred right now

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

without having researched any of this, i imagine with a geolocating service. Such as out of State ticket orders or something like that. They could just setup a condition or filter to disallow transactions outside Tennessee... something like that i imagine

Edited by brianthomas

As much as I want this to be about Buffalo.....

Cincinnati is only 4 hours from Nashville. That would be like the Bills playing in Albany this week.

I am sure Bengals fans are going nuts to get to this game. Imagine the Bills in 2017, they break the drought, beat Jacksonville, then their next game is in Pittsburgh. We would have gone nuts!

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1. they have to get past the Bungles first 

2. A lot of teams do similar. 

Restrict ticket sales to Zip codes or some such 

3. It cuts down on Fraudulent scams. 

Thats for season tickets to prevent out of town ticket brokers from taking over.

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Tickets are usually cheaper 24 hours before kickoff. Enjoy the discounts!

I am curious what they mean by "no ticket transfers". Like I can go on StubHub right now and grab a pair of tickets to that game. Does that just mean I won't physically receive them until Friday but can purchase now? 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's fine.  Bills fans will still come and mass buy tickets when that 24 hour window hits.

The unintended consequences might cause all of the people holding tickets that can't afford not to sell to get real squeamish and drop the prices fast. 

• Agree 1

Is it just me, or does this not solidify the fact the Titans are one of the least likable franchises. They are just a blah team with blah players/coaches. They are so blah and unlikable that they don't even attract the burning hate as would say the Pats. They just *exist*. Lame is another word. Lamest team in the NFL? I think so. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

If I were a fan of that team I’d want this policy too. 

Exactly.  If you've ever posted that Bills fans and season ticket holders shouldn't sell to visiting fans, then you must be in support of the Titans decision.   

Wow. Talk about a crybaby move. And they are screwing over any fans who want to sell tickets.

3 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Exactly.  If you've ever posted that Bills fans and season ticket holders shouldn't sell to visiting fans, then you must be in support of the Titans decision.   

There's a difference between not doing it because you choose to and not doing it because you can't.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.