Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sounds like fake news and spreading misinformation. Can’t find it anywhere in the news. Anyone have a reliable link.

wikipedia is on it quicker than news outlets lol

Shaquille Lawson (born June 17, 1994) is an American football defensive end for the Buffalo Bills. He played college football at Clemson, and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft. Lawson has been on the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and was traded to the New York Jets in the 2021 season.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

IIRC when he left he made some rumblings about not being happy about the amount of snaps the saw on the rotation. So I get what you are saying.

However perhaps him willingly coming back knowing how he may be used...maybe he's matured a bit. Failing a few spots and a few years older can work wonders to humble a fella IMO

Agree

Being out of a job will do this.

24 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

IIRC when he left he made some rumblings about not being happy about the amount of snaps the saw on the rotation. So I get what you are saying.

However perhaps him willingly coming back knowing how he may be used...maybe he's matured a bit. Failing a few spots and a few years older can work wonders to humble a fella IMO

I certainly hope so. DE pash rushing has been an unmitigated disaster this season. At least we know he sets the edge well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Agree

Being out of a job will do this.

He did what just about anyone would’ve done, he went to the team that was guaranteeing him a lot more money and a starting position.  Now that no team is going to pay him disproportionately more, he’s going where he wants to go (among the teams interested).  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Just not very well at playing.

If this reunion is true, I’m not expecting him to come in and light the world on fire. Hell, he may not play a single snap like Kenny Stills last year. BUT, if there was ever a game to play him, it would be this week with how much NE will run. 

1. He’d be pumped to get back to the playoffs (don’t think he’s been back since that Texans playoff debacle in ‘19) and in front of these fans (hands down, the best in the league).

2. The Bills recruiting slogan is “come be the best version of yourself.” As others have said, in Shaq’s case, I think he knows that was what he had here. Also, he’s still fairly young, so he may be able to stick around beyond this season with Jerry and Addison likely gone after this year. 

3. Perhaps most importantly, I think he can help us defend the run a little better. He was always good in the run game. 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I certainly hope so. DE pash rushing has been an unmitigated disaster this season. At least we know he sets the edge well.

Our DE’s accounted for 20.5 sacks.  Our team defense had 42 sacks, 11th overall in the NFL.  

Not sure that is an unmitigated disaster but we certainly want more given the draft position investment in the DL.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought I read somewhere that you can't bring a guy in after regular season to active roster to play in the playoffs. Did anyone else see that article? Can't remember where I read it. It theorized they could sign Shaq to PS cuz he's a great locker room inspiration, and then have first dibs on him next year to potentially play.

• Agree 1

How many times have you seen it with NE?

Guy has productive but not elite years with Belichick, signs massive contract in free agency, bombs out in new scheme, tries another spot, bombs out there too, comes back to NE and is productive again under Belichick. 

Love to see it happen here, its a great sign of success IMO. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

will be tough to reach Spiller. Chan left him out in space.

Fun Floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Michael Stahan was the last player to see him when he flew past him in the Blue Origin *****. He said he looks happy up there, like he's really found his calling.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I thought I read somewhere that you can't bring a guy in after regular season to active roster to play in the playoffs. Did anyone else see that article? Can't remember where I read it. It theorized they could sign Shaq to PS cuz he's a great locker room inspiration, and then have first dibs on him next year to potentially play.

I saw the same article but it appears they might have been mistaken????

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

What I read was if you claim him from waivers you can't play him this year. That's one of the reasons why it was important that he clear waivers first. Once he cleared, he can sign with any team that's still in the playoffs and play.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Only if you claim him on waivers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.