Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jerry Hughes on OBL:  "Let's get Shaq back up in heah".

Definitely have to find that interview!

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They are already 6 deep.  Losing Hughes and Addison I dont know where Lawson fits into the current defense.  Maybe on a low to vet min deal I consider it.  Signing him to PS for the playoffs isnt bad either.

Hughes is a shadow of himself, AJ is still deep in development, Boogie is as well, Mario is just a pass rusher. 

We don’t exactly have 6 we’ll rounded consistent DEs. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Weird that he says stay tuned...its kind of a now or never thing as it pertains to this postseason.

So i guess never.

Also "the Bills are focusing on the Patriots right now."  No Crap, and the next week they'll be focusing on KC, then Cincinnati, LOL. So lets just never make a roster move that might help the team.

Rochesterfan: there's not a single valid thing to disagree about

Edited by DrDare
Rochesterfan is dumb
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I think Muki's tweet confirms Kevin Massare's tweet .. there was high interest and maybe still is.  Don't know the guy, but it appears that his original tweet was not the train wreck we thought it was.

Massare reported a signing. Muki says they're talking. Kind of a difference, no? Massare is either a dummy or tried to grab some "scoop glory" by sticking his neck out. Problem is if he's wrong, what little cred he had is up in smoke.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So, Beane is grinding the tape and helping implement the game plan? Or, and hear me out...this is a BS Tweet that is kinda assuming that multiple people can't be working multiple things at OBD.

This guy backed Massare with the "breaking news" and seems he is doubling down. These clowns have no real info.

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So, Beane is grinding the tape and helping implement the game plan? Or, and hear me out...this is a BS Tweet that is kinda assuming that multiple people can't be working multiple things at OBD.

This guy backed Massare with the "breaking news" and seems he is doubling down. These clowns have no real info.

Trainwreck Sports are getting a massive pass on this.  They should be taken to task for putting out incorrect news.  I know that no one cares since they are just a blog site, but that was very irresponsible.  

They reported that an agreement had been reached…this simply is not the case.  It’s ridiculously annoying that people trusted Kevin Massare who clearly has no real sources 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Trainwreck Sports are getting a massive pass on this.  They should be taken to task for putting out incorrect news.  I know that no one cares since they are just a blog site, but that was very irresponsible.  

They reported that an agreement had been reached…this simply is not the case.  It’s ridiculously annoying that people trusted Kevin Massare who clearly has no real sources 

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

It’s almost a form of slander. There can be real impacts to people involved.

Y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

These arent Government Institutions we're talking about. It's NFL football.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think it’s more the case that KM does have a connection, but he “read the real leaves” and jumped the gun regarding the signing. I say this because others have reported the 2 sides have legitimate interest.

They also came up with a hugeeeee click bate title. That said, this absolutely does hurt their credibility significantly and this is the 2nd time that I can recall KM doing this. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

True, but some outlets are more trustworthy than others. Trainwreck are wannabe barstool clowns.

41 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I can tell you that Muki had/has personal relationships with former and current Bills players. Shaq is one of them. If he’s telling you that Shaq wants to be back in Buffalo, it’s real talk. Maybe contract negotiations are holding up the move?

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can tell you that Muki had/has personal relationships with former and current Bills players. Shaq is one of them. If he’s telling you that Shaq wants to be back in Buffalo, it’s real talk. Maybe contract negotiations are holding up the move?

Don’t know about Muki - he very well could be credible. But Massare is a BS artist, a clout chaser, a nobody of the lowest order.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I could have told you the same thing. Gee, wonder if a guy would rather sit at home or collect a paycheck with his old team in a locker room filled with a bunch of his friends and chase a possible Super Bowl.

No disrespect intended to you or "Muki". However this is really nothing more than throwing stuff against ths wall and if it sticks it looks great for you. If it doesn't there's always "They just went another way".

• Agree 1

I would like the move, if he were able to play against NE this week.  He would slot in right behind Groot, which would be a nice upgrade to the run D.  One would think he would come in with his hair on fire to try to get paid again in the off-season.  Too bad it’s not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Maybe Beane will sign him to one of his patented one year “prove it” deals for next year, then Shaq can play good next year and have a chance at another big contract the following year.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I’m not saying they should be sued or arrested…just called out for going on social media and posting information that wasn’t accurate.  While the subject matter wasn’t terribly important, they did spread misinformation which is very annoying. 

I think people should ever consider Trainwreck Sports to be about as reputable as the “insiders” we’ve had on this message board.   There was no truth with what they reported 

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Maybe Beane wants to get him under contract for next season as well. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Signing someone to a multi-year contract at this time of the year is not common and the

talks could be taking a few more days especially with the Bills tight against the cap at this moment.

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think it’s more the case that KM does have a connection, but he “read the real leaves” and jumped the gun regarding the signing. I say this because others have reported the 2 sides have legitimate interest.

They also came up with a hugeeeee click bate title. That said, this absolutely does hurt their credibility significantly and this is the 2nd time that I can recall KM doing this. 

Yeah.   So anxious to break a story, he broke it before there was a story.    Poor journalism

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not even sure how a player gets paid when they sign after the season. Game checks are done. Is it all signing bonus?

I know and that's why I mentioned it.  If Beane wants to sign Shaq for the next year or two it may come down to some sort of a

"gentlemen's agreement" being the Bills only have $665k right now which wouldn't be much in a signing bonus.

Playoff game checks are done by the league so this is all pretty weird to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if some financial gymnastic are being looked at. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/05/how-much-do-nfl-players-make-during-playoffs-postseason-payout

Once NFL player contracts become irrelevant, here are the per-player payouts this year, per the CBA.

Wild Card Round—Division Winner: $29,000
Wild Card Team: $27,000
Divisional Round: $29,000
Conference Championship: $54,000
Super Bowl Winner: $118,000
Super Bowl Loser: $59,000

Still not sure how a simple deal to bring a guy to a PS on the cheap falls through unless the Bills did some more due dilligence on what has happened with Lawson the last few years and why he's bounced around.

Either way this somewhat of a weird mini-distraction right before this team is gearing up on a playoff run.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Still not sure how a simple deal to bring a guy to a PS on the cheap falls through unless the Bills did some more due diligence on what has happened with Lawson the last few years and why he's bounced around.

Either way this somewhat of a weird mini-distraction right before this team is gearing up on a playoff run.

No one ever said this.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a futures contact unless they are still in the playoffs then it’s a PS check or game check 

True that the futures contract is one way but a player has to be "on the team" already to sign a futures contract.

Edit:  No I guess he doesn't.

It's a very exceptional situation if this is what's happening.

I truly believe they want Shaq Lawson on the team and that he wants to be on the team.

If this happens we should hear about it by Monday.

Edited by ColoradoBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.