Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm still not sure why this move even needed to be made given the pass rushes resurgence in recent weeks.

Yes Lawson had a career year here in 2019, but he has a grand total of 5 sacks (including just one this year) since leaving Buffalo and playing for multiple teams (which is still somewhat a red flag too).

Wouldn't be signed due to his ability as a pass rusher.  Depth and very good at defending the run.  Also would be nice to get a look to see if he makes sense to add to the roster next year as a rotational DE.

We did the same with Stills last year.  Never played.  Gave us depth.  Clearly didn't impress given all our WR's were injured in the playoffs and he never saw the field or came back for this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Don’t like him. Glad he left. Knew he wasn’t worth that contract, nor the next contract and likely not this one. I-Me-Mine guy. jmo.

It wouldn't make you view it any differently if he comes back, and our coaches obviously - at that point - want him back?  That right there would tell me everything I need to know. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I did just read the article. Keven Massare is the one being cited as a source. He's not the most credible sports guy on the web but we'll see.

If the rumour doesn't pan out, Massare might be the first one in Gugny's Celebrity Death Charge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Upside to rebuild his brand?

Depends on what they use him for.  Didn’t really work for Kenny Stills.  And then, if he gets hurt on a PS contract, bad news.  So I wonder if he goes on the active roster and Stevenson (who I doubt would return another punt/kick this year, anyways) goes on IR or waivers. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Depends on what they use him for.  Didn’t really work for Kenny Stills.  And then, if he gets hurt on a PS contract, bad news.  So I wonder if he goes on the active roster and Stevenson (who I doubt would return another punt/kick this year, anyways) goes on IR or waivers. 

Guessing Obada would go to IR.  Or Butler would go to the street.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Obada sucks against the run and they need to tighten up for the playoffs.  Big running team coming in this weekend as a matter of fact.  Locker room will LOVE having him back.  Short-term contract (I assume) means incentives will be properly aligned.  LOVE this.

I think he’s going to play the same role Obada played against NE last time through.  This is going to be a big boy football game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Guessing Obada would go to IR.  Or Butler would go to the street.

I imagine that Ankou is coming up this week.  But I doubt they cut Butler now.  They have no need for Stevenson moving forward.  Butler might be useful if, say, we win this week and Oliver can’t go next week.  They’ve already paid Butler $2m this year, so no sense in letting him go if there’s a chance he might be useful.  I suspect McD is done with Marquez. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.