Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'd tell the Chargers we were going to kneel it down too. He's a little salt in the wounds. 

The Raiders had to snap the ball on 3rd down with 36 seconds left. 

They were in shotgun. Carr wasn't going to take a freaking knee. 

He probably hands it off to Jacobs. Maybe he half heatedly runs into his centers butt and falls down. And maybe they never take another snap.

But there was no guarantee he doesn't pickup more yardage. He gashes them all night. 

And there's nothing about the TO that guaranteed the Raiders were going to pickup 9 yards on the next run. 

This is case of senile Al Michaels not knowing that the play clock was almost at zero with the game clock under 40.

He made a dumb reaction, and Collinsworth backed him up with an even dumber assertion. So it set the narrative. 

The Raiders were never going to pass on a fg attempt to avoid going to KC. 

Oh yea that could definitely be true that they were messing with them.  I don’t think they would’ve attempted a fg if jacobs picked up no yards on that final play but a short gain and they probably try it still.

1 minute ago, harryS said:

where?

i'm seeing 4.5 across the board.  at the very least, all the major most popular books are at 4.5

Maybe it was some clickbaity thing haha I did a search last night right after the night game and saw it at -5.5 somewhere…I’ll try to find it again 

• Like (+1) 1

Would have much preferred the Chargers. Afraid this one is going to be close and the Bills have not done well in close games this year. 

- Both teams are top 10 in EPA for offense and defense
- 1 and 2 in AFC point differential 
- since 2003 road dogs are 13-6 against the spread in matchups against divisional opponents. 
- Belichick 8-0 ATS as a road dog coming off a loss

obviously trends don’t guaranty future performance but there’s a lot pointing to this being a very close game. Have to hope Allen’s experience carries the day. McDermott also can’t go conservative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Zac said:

Would have much preferred the Chargers. Afraid this one is going to be close and the Bills have not done well in close games this year. 

- since 2003 road dogs are 13-6 against the spread in matchups against divisional opponents. 

obviously trends don’t guaranty future performance but there’s a lot pointing to this being a very close game. Have to hope Allen’s experience carries the day. McDermott also can’t go conservative.

Not worried.  Especially not worried about TS.   The Bills should win if they take care of the ball and punt decently.  The bills have the better QB and a really good defense. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

Not worried.  Especially not worried about TS.   The Bills should win if they take care of the ball and punt decently.  The bills have the better QB and a really good defense. 

Better yet.  Don't punt at ALL !!!   Stay aggressive - when they've done that, good things have usually happened.  Don't play the settle for FGs game....

It’s possible it will be a close game because its the friggin playoffs and all the teams are good.

If you take the emotion out of it, which I completely understand given they owned us for 20 years, the Pats* are probably the best matchup for us.

Mac is the weakest of all the AFC playoff QBs. All Buffalo has to do is play decent and not have an offensive meltdown with turnovers. Mac Jones cannot lift a team by himself and have one of those other-worldly games like Mahomes, Burrow, Hebert (yes he’s not in), Car (rarely), and even Ben is better. 

Their D is good on paper but we match up well. Judon didn’t do crap, Barmore is probably out, their secondary is meh. If we get any semblance of a running game, which has been clicking lately, we win handily.

Now I understand the fear of listening to Pats* fans for an entire offseason if we do lose, but this isn’t the old Bills. It’s time to continue our AFC East dominance and put our stamp on the AFC as a whole. Going through The Hoodie and asswipe Pats* fans will make it all the more sweeter.

• Like (+1) 1

In NE, many said “Josh played his best game”. We don’t want to need his “best game” to win vs NE. I feel better with our recent OL play for sure and they seem willing to let Josh run. 

I don’t trust Bill to lose his coaching ability and have dementia this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea that could definitely be true that they were messing with them.  I don’t think they would’ve attempted a fg if jacobs picked up no yards on that final play but a short gain and they probably try it still.

The reason LA called the TO was to put their best run D in to try to prevent a long gain. They just failed at it. 

After the first TO, had Jacobs gotten stuffed at the line there's no way the Chargers are calling a TO. The Raiders would have been left with an interesting choice.

But the idea that that calling the TO caused the Raiders to gain 9 yards is unprovable. We will never know what the outcome of the 3rd down play would have been without the TO. 

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I am quite sure having the Bills in the playoffs again is making them very happy. 

They don’t care much about the Sabres right now, the Sabres are years away from contending.  They probably care even less about the Bandits. 

They’d be happier if the game was at another day or time to maximize viewing of their other teams.

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If the Patriots didn't suck so much and of gotten swept by a team we swept we wouldn't have to play them a third time.

But they do suck!  Them’s the facts! They got humbled by the Fish yesterday and they bring that same sub standard QB to Buffalo again! 

The guy you absolutely did NOT want to face was that magician, Allen look alike on the Chargers! How many times did he rally them with successful and win or lose, critical, 4th. Down completions & 2 Pointers? 

4th. & Goal and he fires a 22 yard TD laser? 

NOOOOO... the Bills didn’t want to face that guy!

And for those planning the new Stadium... it’s the wind- stupid! Cold is nada! Wind is a problem, even for our magician Josh Allen!

But worse, far worse for the No Name Jones loser.

I think we win but I’m dumbfounded that anyone thinks this will be a blow out.  Josh Allen played his best game of the season against NE and that game was still a 5 point contest with less than five minutes on the clock. 

10 minutes ago, Zac said:

I think we win but I’m dumbfounded that anyone thinks this will be a blow out.  Josh Allen played his best game of the season against NE and that game was still a 5 point contest with less than five minutes on the clock. 

because of what happened with five minutes left on the clock. Theres a reason the football game is 4, 15 minute quarters. 

12 minutes ago, Zac said:

We dominated that game. Anyone who watched it knows that. 

I am sure you can find a replay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Zac said:

I don’t think it will be a blowout but how many times were we in “close” games with Brady over the years before he just took over and it looked lopsided at the end. 

3 minutes ago, Zac said:

There were also 2 dropped tds.  Out of 8 quarters Buffalo has been in control by a good margin for 6 of them.  Buffalo has seen every run play NE has.  That is the crutch for their offense.  Buffalo scores they win.  With a balanced offense I feel the offense will be too much for Ne to handle.  Jones will force some throws to stay close and Buffalos D will make him pay. 

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

It's probably a judgment on my character, but mostly what I feel about this game is dread. 

I think most here would admit to having some of that.

But I think that's part of the reason we may have needed this match-up.  This is a multi-layered demon we have w/ that team, and we're chipping away at it a little at a time.  Season sweep?  Check.  Back to back division titles?  Check.  Big division-clinching win at Gillette?  Check.

There is still a box for "vanquish hoodied nemesis in playoffs."  We check that on Saturday, and we're running out of boxes.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Zac said:

This is the playoffs. Shouldn’t they be close? 

Are you suggesting we’d roll the Chargers?

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

It's probably a judgment on my character, but mostly what I feel about this game is dread. 

Same here.  I’m just weary of the Pats.  I wanted to play the Chargers at a minimum because of the novelty of playing somebody new.

With that said Herbert is legit and he has some great talent around him.

Maybe this is for the best.  We will see. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I was actually hoping that the Chargers would win last night and have to come to Buffalo, but after watching that game last night, I'm glad we get Mac Jones. Herbert was making insane plays in that game 

I keep seeing this. Herbert has been a stud, but I watched the game and for every fantastic throw/play he whiffed on 3 right before hand which is partially why there was so many clutch fourth down conversions. 

I’m not even trying to knock Air-bear here, just seems like people only saw what they want to see and not the misses or miss-comms. We eat Josh alive for missing deep (low completetion chance) open receivers. Herbert missed like 3 on final drive where he threw the ball OB or too far and no one bats an eye.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Zac said:

1 TD was dropped in the EZ and another was called back via penalty. That’s why the game was close late. Now , I don’t believe the game will be a blowout but it may be closer than it would be if played in ideal weather conditions. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think this will be a key storyline after our upcoming game...specifically usage of our WRs.  Will Sanders be healthy? Given McKenzie carved up Pats last game, will Beas get as much playing time? 

IMO, Beas has lost a step (maybe 2).  He's not as dangerous against man coverage, need more speed on the field. I hope Daboll doesn't overthink this, keep with what worked until Pats prove they can stop it.

BB will clearly come with a different gameplan, up to Daboll to be ready to adapt quickly if needed, but McKenzie will be on the Pats radar this time.

• Agree 1

So, the universe has decided to throw down the gauntlet. Not content to have us struggle through a season where we thought we'd get the one seed and instead had to fight until the end for a division win - now, we have to overcome a decades-old nemesis to advance.  And he wears a hood.

To which I say, bring it, universe.  Your exalted hoodie just got swept by the Dolphins, needed 40 mph winds to beat the Bills 1 time in 2 years, and is pushing 70. With a rookie QB at the helm.

I'm ready.  I see your challenge and smirk.  You can't hurt me anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, wjag said:

I know I was watching Herbert last night, but damn if he didn't play like Fouts.  His effort last night was heroic.  Reminded me of a classic Miami-San Diego game years back when Kellen Winslow was making all those plays while playing absolutely exhausted.  That was  previously the greatest game I have watched and it was replaced by last night's game.

If we didn't have Josh I'd want Sherbert!

• Disagree 1

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Dangerous game you're playing, messing around with your gameday uniform just as the playoffs are starting...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m61cobcbrbwaefni75

ive been rotating socks since the monday night game. My feet are the only thing that gets cold (and I have great boots) but the socks are failing me. We are undefeated in games I have attended with the sock rotation. Fear not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Do yourself a favor and buy about five cases of these little guys too. You'll need them. 

56476891-0d38-4de1-a3e6-1559f153c50a.275

I have feet warmers. The problem is, my boots go up to like my knees, so I cant get the feet warmers down the boot and by my toes - and I dont wanna put them UNDER my feet because then im walking on them all awkwardly ya know?

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The Chiefs -13 line is absurd. They can easily lay an egg against that Pitt defense led by TJ Watt. 

even with watt doing what he's done that defense is still ranked in the mid 20's in both yards and points allowed. Their offense is also ranked in the mid 20's in yards and points. They are a bad team. I'm at a loss on how they weaseled their way in.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.