Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

7 hours ago, Murdox said:

It's interesting how the Bengals loss affected things.  As the fourth seed we would play the Raiders at home, and then likely the Titans.  I certainly like that better than what the 3rd seed gave us.  Hah!

Agreed but that Raider DL been playing scary , so has our DL and back 7 for that matter. 

Raiders can put up points , Carr is having a solid, underrated year. Just got Waller back too. 

It's going to be hard no matter what.  

It's about us. Not them. 

I'm just pissed we were literally a cpl plays away from getting the 1 seed

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Murdox said:

It's interesting how the Bengals loss affected things.  As the fourth seed we would play the Raiders at home, and then likely the Titans.  I certainly like that better than what the 3rd seed gave us.  Hah!

I was saying this during the Bengals-Browns game yesterday.  I think in Bengals calculus, they deliberately dropped a seed yesterday to avoid going into KC in round 2.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Pats, Steelers, Raiders...

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah. I'm hoping for a Pats, Steelers, Bengals run.

sorry for the nitpick but I don't believe those paths are even possible... the NFL still reseeds after every round, right? so Titans would play the Steelers.

that's why getting the #1 seed is so powerful.  you get a bye week AND your first opponent will likely be a wild-card team that upset a division winner in the first round.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Don’t sleep on the Steelers in KC.  That defense could make it interesting.

yeah, they could lose 24-6 instead of 40-6.  yawn.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

The Belichick factor playing hard with the spread of only -4.5 in this game...that's a good opportunity right there.  I expect that to move between 5-6.

that's just very unlikely.  i don't think you have a good handle on point spreads

New England's effort in Miami was a bit of a head scratcher yesterday.  They made a game of it, but they came out absolutely flat and never established themselves.  I was watching that game on a second screen.  They just looked off all day. 

Just now, wjag said:

New England's effort in Miami was a bit of a head scratcher yesterday.  They made a game of it, but they came out absolutely flat and never established themselves.  I was watching that game on a second screen.  They just looked off all day. 

A team that has played a bit over their heads all year is likely to have days like that. They won a bunch of close games.

Just now, Steptide said:

I was actually hoping that the Chargers would win last night and have to come to Buffalo, but after watching that game last night, I'm glad we get Mac Jones. Herbert was making insane plays in that game 

Yes, I started out thinking Chargers having to make the trip East and their dope coach who goes for it on fourth down in ridiculous contexts, but as the game went along, I thought, well, Chargers take dumb penalties and they make lots of mistakes, but Herbert erases a lot of them. 

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

In the AFC East the last few seasons:

The Dolphins own the Patriots

The Bills own the Dolphins

The Patriots own the Jets

The Jets own nobody.

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel as though sharp bettors will like the Bills in this one...and if I'm right the line will move.

like I said, you don't have a good feel for this.  the first time the Pats played at Buffalo, the closing line was 3 and you could get 2.5 at high-handle places like Cris and Circa.  that means the line has already been adjusted off the very key number of 3 and through the key number of 4.  there's no way this thing is moving higher.

to be clear, I think the Bills will win and cover, but my own personal opinion has nothing to do with how the market will move.

This is the matchup I wanted.

Not because I want vengeance on the Pats for decades of slapping us around (I do) but because I think we know what the Patriots are. They win by keeping a low score and running it. When Mac Jones needs to throw, he's been stopped. 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.