Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

44 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I started out thinking Chargers having to make the trip East and their dope coach who goes for it on fourth down in ridiculous contexts, but as the game went along, I thought, well, Chargers take dumb penalties and they make lots of mistakes, but Herbert erases a lot of them. 

I know I was watching Herbert last night, but damn if he didn't play like Fouts.  His effort last night was heroic.  Reminded me of a classic Miami-San Diego game years back when Kellen Winslow was making all those plays while playing absolutely exhausted.  That was  previously the greatest game I have watched and it was replaced by last night's game.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, wjag said:

I know I was watching Herbert last night, but damn if he didn't play like Fouts.  His effort last night was heroic.  Reminded me of a classic Miami-San Diego game years back when Kellen Winslow was making all those plays while playing absolutely exhausted.  That was the previously the greatest game I have watched and it was replaced by last night's game.

It would have been funny if that game ended in a tie just to see the reactions from Pittsburgh. Why did the Chargers coach call timeout with like 20 seconds left in OT? It looked like the Raiders were going to let the clock run out. Why did the Raiders kick a FG with 2 seconds left? Why risk a block and have them return it for a score?

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

If we win Saturday, do we play the winner of raiders/Bengals? 

KC assuming the Chiefs beat Pitt which they probably will. That would be the #2 vs #3 matchup. The Titans get the lowest seed which is the winner of #4 Bengals vs #5 Raiders. If the Steelers can pull off an upset then that changes everything. Of course we have to beat NE first and I think we will.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I was actually hoping that the Chargers would win last night and have to come to Buffalo, but after watching that game last night, I'm glad we get Mac Jones. Herbert was making insane plays in that game 

Would have been interesting to see if could have replicated that with temps in the teens

Count me among those that wanted to play the Chargers rather than the Pats.

The Chargers would have been coming off a five quarter game that went late into sunday night, and would have to fly east to play in cold weather. They have a statistically weak defense, specifically against the run.

The Pats, meanwhile...even though we have shown that we can beat them handily when things are clicking...well....things haven't been clicking the past few weeks in Orchard Park. Anyone who actively WANTS to face Bill Belichick for a third time in the same season must have sat out the past two decades and/or missed the way Allen and the offense have been performing for large stretches of the past few home games.

Aside from the strategic advantage of facing the Chargers instead of the Pats, I felt like Herbert vs Allen would have been a really FUN matchup. Nothing about facing the Pats with the season on the line is FUN to me. Not in the least.

The playoffs are all about what path you have to take to reach the Super Bowl. The Bills will likely start out with the Pats and, if they win, the Chiefs at Arrowhead. That's a rough way to start the playoffs. The Chiefs, meanwhile, start out with a Charmin soft Steelers team at home. Ugh.

Oh well. Here's to me being totally wrong and the Bills wiping the floor with the Pats*.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Count me among those that wanted to play the Chargers rather than the Pats.

The Chargers would have been coming off a five quarter game that went late into sunday night, and would have to fly east to play in cold weather. They have a statistically weak defense, specifically against the run.

The Pats, meanwhile...even though we have shown that we can beat them handily when things are clicking...well....things haven't been clicking the past few weeks in Orchard Park. Anyone who actively WANTS to face Bill Belichick for a third time in the same season must have sat out the past two decades and/or missed the way Allen and the offense have been performing for large stretches of the past few home games.

Aside from the strategic advantage of facing the Chargers instead of the Pats, I felt like Herbert vs Allen would have been a really FUN matchup. Nothing about facing the Pats with the season on the line is FUN to me. Not in the least.

The playoffs are all about what path you have to take to reach the Super Bowl. The Bills will likely start out with the Pats and, if they win, the Chiefs at Arrowhead. That's a rough way to start the playoffs. The Chiefs, meanwhile, start out with a Charmin soft Steelers team at home. Ugh.

Oh well. Here's to me being totally wrong and the Bills wiping the floor with the Pats*.

These aren't the Brady led Pats. The Bills are the better team. If they do a good job against the run then the Bills will win comfortably. Noodle arm isn't going to match Allen and company offensively. It will be very similar to the game they played at NE.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Pegulas can’t be happy with the game time as it conflicts with their other teams. The Bandits play at home Sat night, and the Sabres are on tv at Detroit.

I am quite sure having the Bills in the playoffs again is making them very happy. 

They don’t care much about the Sabres right now, the Sabres are years away from contending.  They probably care even less about the Bandits. 

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I am quite sure having the Bills in the playoffs again is making them very happy. 

They don’t care much about the Sabres right now, the Sabres are years away from contending.  They probably care even less about the Bandits. 

Does anyone in Buffalo know the Sabres exist right now with a Bills vs Pats playoff game on Saturday night coming up. Packed house for a playoff game for the first time in decades.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.