Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, eball said:

The Belichick factor playing hard with the spread of only -4.5 in this game...that's a good opportunity right there.  I expect that to move between 5-6.

I’ve seen it -5.5 in some places already…could go even higher depending on barmore, Isaiah Wynn, and Duggar’s injury status.  Barmore would be a huge loss for them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It would have been funny if that game ended in a tie just to see the reactions from Pittsburgh. Why did the Chargers coach call timeout with like 20 seconds left in OT? It looked like the Raiders were going to let the clock run out. Why did the Raiders kick a FG with 2 seconds left? Why risk a block and have them return it for a score?

They didn't call TO with 20 seconds left. They called TO with 38 seconds left with 2 seconds left on the play clock.

The Raiders were already in fg range, and we're about to run the ball on 3rd down and the Chargers couldn't stop Jacobs all night. 

The media loves click bate though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

I was saying this during the Bengals-Browns game yesterday.  I think in Bengals calculus, they deliberately dropped a seed yesterday to avoid going into KC in round 2.  

That would be pretty strange considering they just beat KC.  I think they prioritized staying healthy since Mixon was on the Covid list anyway and burrow was banged up.  I just don’t think KC is better than a healthy TEN although we don’t know if Henry will play yet 

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It's probably a judgment on my character, but mostly what I feel about this game is dread. 

Lol I definitely get where you’re coming from though…losing to the pats would be much more painful than losing to the chargers.  But as far as matchups go I think the pats are the best one we could ask for 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

They didn't call TO with 20 seconds left. They called TO with 38 seconds left with 2 seconds left on the play clock.

The Raiders were already in fg range, and we're about to run the ball on 3rd down and the Chargers couldn't stop Jacobs all night. 

The Raiders should have let the clock run out at that point. Why try a FG and risk a possible block and return.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Would’ve been a 60ish yard fg if they kicked it…I doubt they would’ve even attempted that.  They were not in any hurry to run a play before the LAC called timeout and it looked like the raiders players were telling the chargers on the field after the game that they were just gonna knee it out…we’ll never actually know for sure though 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

The Raiders should have let the clock run out at that point. Why try a FG and risk a possible block and return.

So they were going to take a delay of game with 36 seconds left? Or kneel it in shotgun formation?

The Raiders coach confirmed they weren't going to let the clock run out after Jacobs ran into fg range two plays before. 

And you want to know why? A tie sends them to KC who they lost two games this year by a combined score of 9000 to 12. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

So they were going to take a delay of game with 36 seconds left? Or kneel it in shotgun formation?

The Raiders coach confirmed they weren't going to let the clock run out after Jacobs ran into fg range two plays before. 

And you want to know why? A tie sends them to KC who they lost two games this year by a combined score of 9000 to 12. 

Good point. I forgot about the tie sending them to KC. Going to CIN and facing Burrow and those weapons won't be any easier though.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

While everyone practices in the Fieldhouse all week I would make Haack punt into the wind all week inside the stadium ;)

In all seriousness, it’s going to be cold, I’d put the receivers outside on the jugs machine and crank them up all week long. They have to be better at catching those lasers when everything is frozen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

These aren't the Brady led Pats. The Bills are the better team. If they do a good job against the run then the Bills will win comfortably. Noodle arm isn't going to match Allen and company offensively. It will be very similar to the game they played at NE.

I mean...

Like I said, the Bills offense has been a bit rotten in Orchard Park for large stretches of the past few weeks. We're looking at a sub 20 degree game with a 50% chance of snow showers. We're going against a top 3 scoring defense.

I wish I shared your optimism that things will definitely play out the way they did in Foxborough, but I don't.

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It's probably a judgment on my character, but mostly what I feel about this game is dread. 

We should win. We're the better team. It's just that the anguish of losing to the Pats* in a year of SB expectations is such a horrific thought one can hardly bear to think about it.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Good info.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Would’ve been a 60ish yard fg if they kicked it…I doubt they would’ve even attempted that.  They were not in any hurry to run a play before the LAC called timeout and it looked like the raiders players were telling the chargers on the field after the game that they were just gonna knee it out…we’ll never actually know for sure though 

I'd tell the Chargers we were going to kneel it down too. He's a little salt in the wounds. 

The Raiders had to snap the ball on 3rd down with 36 seconds left. 

They were in shotgun. Carr wasn't going to take a freaking knee. 

He probably hands it off to Jacobs. Maybe he half heatedly runs into his centers butt and falls down. And maybe they never take another snap.

But there was no guarantee he doesn't pickup more yardage. He gashes them all night. 

And there's nothing about the TO that guaranteed the Raiders were going to pickup 9 yards on the next run. 

This is case of senile Al Michaels not knowing that the play clock was almost at zero with the game clock under 40.

He made a dumb reaction, and Collinsworth backed him up with an even dumber assertion. So it set the narrative. 

The Raiders were never going to pass on a fg attempt to avoid going to KC. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

I mean...

Like I said, the Bills offense has been a bit rotten in Orchard Park for large stretches of the past few weeks. We're looking at a sub 20 degree game with a 50% chance of snow showers. We're going against a top 3 scoring defense.

I wish I shared your optimism that things will definitely play out the way they did in Foxborough, but I don't.

Have a little faith in the Bills. They are the better team. They have the much better QB. Bill is the GOAT HC but his record without Brady isn't all that impressive. The Pats are a good team otherwise they wouldn't be playing WC weekend. In the end if the Bills play to their potential they will win. 

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve seen it -5.5 in some places already…could go even higher depending on barmore, Isaiah Wynn, and Duggar’s injury status.  Barmore would be a huge loss for them 

where?

i'm seeing 4.5 across the board.  at the very least, all the major most popular books are at 4.5

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Have a little faith in the Bills. They are the better team. They have the much better QB. Bill is the GOAT HC but his record without Brady isn't all that impressive. The Pats are a good team otherwise they wouldn't be playing WC weekend. In the end if the Bills play to their potential they will win. 

That's exactly it. I agree that if they play to their potential, they win.

The problem is that on many occasions this season -- including just yesterday and the Sunday before -- they HAVEN'T played to their potential, especially at home.

I'm not saying the Bills are definitely going to lose to the Pats. I'm just saying that the Pats winning is a reasonable possibility, because Belichick is the greatest coach of all time, the Pats defense is still elite, and this will be the third time we've faced them this season. Give Belichick three cracks at a given team in a single season, and it's reasonably likely he'll outcoach his opposition 2 out of 3 times.

There's a reason the oddsmakers are only giving the Bills essentially one point in the spread (they get three automatically for being the home team). It's going to be a close game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.