Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, Process said:

Friday will be another chance with low temps, hopefully they get out there then.

They have literally been playing outside in the cold for the majority of the season. The majority of this team was here last year for the two playoff games, both which were cold. Its just cold. Its gonna be OKKKKKKKK

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Tomorrow when it's 30 degrees warmer than today? Brilliant. Today would have been the day to get out there and prepare for what they will see Saturday.

They normally practice outside on Fridays. Tomorrow is their “Friday” with a Saturday game. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's just with the way Josh throws laser beams it would be nice for them to get our there and practice in those conditions so he can adjust. WRs will have no chance catching those balls. He's got to adjust to putting some touch on some of his throws he usually tries to rocket in their. 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

They have literally been playing outside in the cold for the majority of the season. The majority of this team was here last year for the two playoff games, both which were cold. Its just cold. Its gonna be OKKKKKKKK

There is a huge difference between 0 degree and 25 degree weather.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Tomorrow when it's 30 degrees warmer than today? Brilliant. Today would have been the day to get out there and prepare for what they will see Saturday.

Sounds like what I tells my kids when they want to go sledding and I have no intention of freezing my buttocks off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Hearing the national coverage of this game has me feeling like I'm taking crazy pills! So many one-sided arguments, contradictions, or flat out ignoring of facts and stats. 

1. I keep hearing that the Bills are "too one-dimensional". Stop Allen and you stop the Bills. First of all, the Patriots are just as one-dimensional. Stop their run game and you stop their offense. Second, why do we only hear the "too one-dimensional" argument about the Bills, but not about other great passing offenses? Why doesn't anyone ever point out that the Chiefs and Ravens are too dependent upon Mahomes and Jackson? Not only that, but the whole "shut down the QB and you stop the offense" argument leaves out one important fact: It's REALLY DIFFICULT to stop the QB. That's what makes him a great QB! If it were so easy, a lot more teams would do it!

2. I keep hearing that the Patriots can run and stop the run better than the Bills. Since week 11, the Patriots have the third WORST run defense in the NFL, while the Bills have the 4th BEST rushing offense. What's that you say? A lot of the Bills' rushing success is due to Allen scrambling? Oh, well in that case, take those yards off the board. They don't count. Call Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson and tell them none of their rushing yards count, either. Rushing yards are rushing yards, and the Bills are CURRENTLY statistically a top five rushing team and the Patriots are CURRENTLY statistically a bottom five rush defense. Those are the facts.

3. I don't seem to hear a damned thing from the media about how good the Bills defense is. The tenor of the discussion always tends to be "how will Allen and the Bills offense handle the elite Patriots defense?". Well, this just in: the Bills have the number one defense in yards allowed AND points allowed. They're the best defense in the league. Yet I never seem to hear "how will Mac Jones fare against the best pass defense in the league?".

I normally roll my eyes at complaints about national media coverage, but it's hard to watch this stuff and not get at least a little irritated after a while. The slurping of the Patriots and lack of respect for or mention of the Bills' strengths gets really old after a while. Watching it, you'd think the Pats were the division champs, we were the wild card team, and the Pats are heavily favored. Crazy.

Mannnnn....  you are so spot on with all of this. Ive been ranting about it since we owned the Pats defense in their house. The bills d gave up 14 freaking points on MNF and got label soft for the rest of the season. The freaking Pats are a bottom feeding run defense and its CRICKETS.

And you're right about how its been "how will Allen and the offense handle the pats d"..... how about how in the world is a rookie qb gonna handle the NUMBER ONE defense in the freaking league!!!????

Although i will say that on "Get Up" this morning they all agreed the Bills had the edge this week. Most of the comments were centered around how awful its gonna be for the Pats D absorbing hits from our big 250lb Oak tree at qb out in the cold.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Process said:

It's just with the way Josh throws laser beams it would be nice for them to get our there and practice in those conditions so he can adjust. WRs will have no chance catching those balls. He's got to adjust to putting some touch on some of his throws he usually tries to rocket in their. 

cold is cold, they bundle up on sidelines and have heaters and hand warmers. I'm not worried 

Edited by PaattMaann

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Big time. Its goes from manageable to downright overwhelming.

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

cold is cold, they bundle up on sidelines and have heaters and hand warmers. I'm not worried 

no... its really not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

no... its really not.

they are big boys, they will be fine. They have appropriate gear. Its not like they tailgate for 4 hours in the cold and then go sit in the stands in the cold. Ya'll always trip out over the weather big time. Only two times its every been an issue was when there was literally the blizzard vs the colts a few years ago and the MNF 70 MPH wind this season. 

Acting like this Bills team hasnt played in cold weather before. It'll be dry. We are ready to rock and roll. 

47 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

they are big boys, they will be fine. They have appropriate gear. Its not like they tailgate for 4 hours in the cold and then go sit in the stands in the cold. Ya'll always trip out over the weather big time. Only two times its every been an issue was when there was literally the blizzard vs the colts a few years ago and the MNF 70 MPH wind this season. 

Acting like this Bills team hasnt played in cold weather before. It'll be dry. We are ready to rock and roll. 

First off i'm not tripping out about the weather at all. i think its manageable due to lack of wind and precip. but i'm not sure if you're being purposely difficult here or what. Acting like those temps arent drastically different than 25-30 is absurd...

I worked in general contracting for 10 years through my late teens and 20's here in the lake effect area of erie, pa. 25-30 degrees was fine. when we got down into the 15 or lower it was downright mind numbing. you categorizing mere freezing temps with near sub-zero temps and calling it all just "cold weather" honestly is just foolish.

I'll call it a day at this point though, because its silly arguing over it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I have to know....for those here that wanted Pats to beat Colts a few weeks back (mind boggling)....looking back do feel any different??

I have not at all forgot about those wanting this. Matter of fact it has literally popped in my mind each and every single day at least once since that day. Probably because it is the 1st time I ever heard of/seen a Bills fan root for a division rival (not just the Pats). 

Just curious if those posters feel any different? @GunnerBill

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

33 minutes ago, Process said:

I will tell you what would allow this team to practice indoor without a problem...

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Per Mike Sando of The Athletic:

"Most wins against teams that finished above .500:

8: Titans

7: Chiefs, Bucs

6: Bills, Raiders

5: Colts, Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins."

Very interesting stat I hadn't seen before and with two main takeaways in my eyes:

1) The Bills tied for the third-most wins against plus .500 teams across the whole NFL...seems to conflict with the narrative that we had a cupcake schedule and never played anyone good. I'm definitely not saying it was a tough schedule, but I think the slate of opponents looked like the easiest list we had faced in years before the season started and then they wound up looking a bit stronger as the season went on. 

2) No Patriots on that list despite the fact that they faced an even easier schedule than we did. 

Strange, seemed like every other post here this season there was someone saying we don't best teams with winning records.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Per Mike Sando of The Athletic:

"Most wins against teams that finished above .500:

8: Titans

7: Chiefs, Bucs

6: Bills, Raiders

5: Colts, Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins."

Very interesting stat I hadn't seen before and with two main takeaways in my eyes:

1) The Bills tied for the third-most wins against plus .500 teams across the whole NFL...seems to conflict with the narrative that we had a cupcake schedule and never played anyone good. I'm definitely not saying it was a tough schedule, but I think the slate of opponents looked like the easiest list we had faced in years before the season started and then they wound up looking a bit stronger as the season went on. 

2) No Patriots on that list despite the fact that they faced an even easier schedule than we did. 

I could only find five Bills wins over teams with winning records. Dolphins(x2), Pats, Chiefs, and Saints. Not trying to make a point or anything, just pointing out an inaccuracy. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I have to know....for those here that wanted Pats to beat Colts a few weeks back (mind boggling)....looking back do feel any different??

I have not at all forgot about those wanting this. Matter of fact it has literally popped in my mind each and every single day at least once since that day. Probably because it is the 1st time I ever heard of/seen a Bills fan root for a division rival (not just the Pats). 

Just curious if those posters feel any different? @GunnerBill

I've thought about it as well. It was a losers mentality. I guess i thought we were done with that sort of behavior. I said it on here at the time and it seemed pretty simple to me. Colts beat them and we handle our business, its ours. I was annoyed by the people already packing it in when it came to the division at that point.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

no... its really not.

I’ve been in 0 degree weather. I’ve been in -20 degree weather. These guys have no clue how drastically it affects things. They need to do a walk through Friday night and catch a few bullets to get ready for Saturday. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Going to feel like the ice bowl out there Saturday. Darn near 0 degrees. -18 at GB in 67. 

wunderground has it at -4°F at kickoff Saturday night.  I went for a run last night in -4° wind chill and it physically hurt.  My eyelashes turned to icicles.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve been in 0 degree weather. I’ve been in -20 degree weather. These guys have no clue how drastically it affects things. They need to do a walk through Friday night and catch a few bullets to get ready for Saturday. 

I've been everywhere man, traveled the desert bare man...I even breathed the mountain air, man. Of travel, I've had my share man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Son of a K-Gun said:

wunderground has it at -4°F at kickoff Saturday night.  I went for a run last night in -4° wind chill and it physically hurt.  My eyelashes turned to icicles.

Anybody saying cold is cold has no idea what arctic air does. This team needs to be outside Friday night doing a light non contact practice at the stadium. No excuses. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Anybody saying cold is cold has no idea what arctic air does. This team needs to be outside Friday night doing a light non contact practice at the stadium. No excuses. 

For sure...they need to feel it.  We get these temps every year and you are never ready for that first cold snap, you forget how it feels.  We get to bundle up and dress appropriately.  Players, not so much.

Do you all think this is just how the cards fell - or did the league think it would be more memorable to have a night game in wintery Buffalo?

It's really hard to tell if it helps us.  It definitely would have helped against the Chargers, but it's not like NE isn't used to weather.   The only advantage is that Jones is from the SEC and I doubt he has played in this kind of cold yet.

1 minute ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

For sure...they need to feel it.  We get these temps every year and you are never ready for that first cold snap, you forget how it feels.  We get to bundle up and dress appropriately.  Players, not so much.

If we go into the game and we have a handful of drops, I’m going to be mad. Things like this we have to prepare for and if we hear stories of them not practicing in the extreme cold, then I guess they don’t care about strategy and preparedness. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've thought about it as well. It was a losers mentality. I said it on here at the time and it seemed pretty simple to me. Colts beat them and we handle our business, its ours. I was annoyed by the people already packing it in when it came to the division at that point.

Exactly 100%....I honestly could not believe it when reading those post that day. It's just unheard of lol. It was definitely a 1st for me seeing that

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Exactly 100%....I honestly could not believe it when reading those post that day. It's just unheard of lol. It was definitely a 1st for me seeing that

I wouldnt say it was a first. 5 years ago i woulda probably been rooting for the quickest way to a wildcard and not had any confidence we could reel off 4 straight. One of which was a trip to foxborough..... but that was then and this is now. A lot has changed(#17)

• Agree 1

Josh had great success throwing touch passes in NE bc the wind wasn't a factor. 

If the wind isn't a factor Sat night, I don't see why he'll need to throw lasers on every pass. Hopefully he can revert to his touch pass game and not have the cold effect drops so much if he doesn't have to throw bullets to cut through the wind. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, harryS said:

The line HAS moved, opposite of the direction you predicted. 🙂

Sometimes explanation sounds like condescension, and like I said, maybe we should just stick to talking football.  But if you or others are going to talk point spread, at least give good information.  For example, why would you think the 53% vs 58% you mentioned would move the line?  That difference isn't very large, but most importantly, you seem to assume that it has to be sharp action accounting for the difference.  All it takes is one rich whale (for example, someone like Floyd Weather) to place a big bet and skew those numbers, especially since the difference is so small, and especially since the limits are low early in the week.  Big bettors do NOT have to be sharp.  Very often they are whales, especially in high-profile games like NFL playoff games.

Well, those numbers have changed to 64% and 72%, so there are apparently a lot of dumb whales betting the Bills.  I'm still curious as to why the line isn't moving in that direction.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I wouldnt say it was a first. 5 years ago i woulda probably been rooting for the quickest way to a wildcard and not had any confidence we could reel off 4 straight. One of which was a trip to foxborough..... but that was then and this is now. A lot has changed(#17)

Well it was a first for me, that's fur sure. The one and only single time to root for a division rival is when that rival HAS to win last game for your team to make playoffs. I mean I may be old school, but it's as natural as breathing to me lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

13 minutes ago, Success said:

Do you all think this is just how the cards fell - or did the league think it would be more memorable to have a night game in wintery Buffalo?

It's really hard to tell if it helps us.  It definitely would have helped against the Chargers, but it's not like NE isn't used to weather.   The only advantage is that Jones is from the SEC and I doubt he has played in this kind of cold yet.

The NFL schedule makers are jerks who don't look at the 10 day forecasts at home stadiums in the playoffs. Why else would you schedule the Bills at home, mid January at 8:15 at night, and have the Brady Buccaneers playing at 1:00 on Sunday. 

They always talk about player safety, but they have no concern towards the fans who wish to be in the stands for a playoff game for the first time in more than 25 years.

Morons!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.