Playoff picture

TwistofFate

1 minute ago, Success said:

Don't fear the Patriots.  We beat that team now unless there is a hurricane, tornado or some other extreme wind event.

It was a close game, I think a rematch could go either way.  I don’t see the Bills going without a punt 2 games in a row.. and it was 26-20 in the 4th without them punting. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was a close game, I think a rematch could go either way.  I don’t see the Bills going without a punt 2 games in a row.. and it was 26-20 in the 4th without them punting. 

The Bills left a bunch of points out on the field in both games.

They can punt next time.  I like their chances in a home game where the winds aren't blowing commentators out of their chairs.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

The Bills left a bunch of points out on the field in both games.

They can punt next time.  I like their chances in a home game where the elements aren't blowing commentators out of their chairs.

You should! I think both fan bases should feel confident in that game.. I kinda want it be like the championship game so it’s for all the money… 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I feel like it's gonna be New England, and I think that's great.

They'll have the worst starting QB in the playoffs, and it's hard to find playoff teams with middling QB talent.

We are the bette team, and already beat them in their own building when it mattered and it wasn't a blizzard.  

I'm really hoping it's New England.

Would rather play anyone else 

But I felt this way about Baltimore last year to.

There is zero chance I want to see a pi***d off Pats D a 3rd time in a month especially coming off getting steamrolled by us.   

Not saying we'd lose... just saying I want nothing to do with them.  Would rather play Indy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Would rather play anyone else 

But I felt this way about Baltimore last year to.

There is zero chance I want to see a pi***d off Pats D a 3rd time in a month especially coming off getting steamrolled by us.   

Not saying we'd lose... just saying I want nothing to do with them.  Would rather play Indy.  

Agree. Both games were close, and re-rematch division games can be strange. Tough to beat a team back to back. Jones is pretty average but he’s better than Wentz imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we start from the premise we are almost certainly the #4 then here is how I think it lays out (our slim chance of being the #3 is for a Burrow-less Bengals to lose to the Browns next week).

Scenario 1: 

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Buffalo plays New England in the wildcard

Scenario 2:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Buffalo plays Indianapolis in the wildcard

Scenario 3:

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Scenario 4:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Buffalo plays Las Vegas in the wildcard

Anyone but Indy. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Browns look finished to me. I just think they have checked out. 

The Browns almost beat Green Bay at Lambeau last week with Baker throwing 4 picks.

The Bengals have lost on the road to the Bears and Jets this year.

To think the Bengals are guaranteed a win is a joke.

• Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we start from the premise we are almost certainly the #4 then here is how I think it lays out (our slim chance of being the #3 is for a Burrow-less Bengals to lose to the Browns next week).

Scenario 1: 

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Scenario 2:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Scenario 3:

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Scenario 4:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

46526682_headblown.jpg.082085bfeca1799688fcef26ae7ad555.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Man next week's matchups are gross...

I can't find a single game that is exciting, and the NFL needs to fill Saturday and Sunday as well as SNF.

Chargers Raiders and Rams 49ers are your prime games

Um all of next weeks games are on Sunday.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Currently, we are set to face New England in the first round for a bully match. 

Looks like we have a shot at facing the Raiders as well. 

Going to be very interesting moving forward. 

I DO NOT want a loss against NE in the playoffs. 

I wouldn't mind playing the Pats in the playoffs so we could beat them and leave no doubt who the new kings of the AFCE are.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Man next week's matchups are gross...

I can't find a single game that is exciting, and the NFL needs to fill Saturday and Sunday as well as SNF

I'm thinking the following will be NFLs choices (for Sat and Sun night):

1. Chargers vs Raiders: HUGE playoff implications, my guess for Sunday night

2. Rams vs 49ers: 49ers fighting for a playoff spot win and in, and Rams for the division title (assuming Cards win tonight).

3. Bills vs Jets OR Eagles vs Cowboys: Bills fighting for a division title.  Eagles fighting for a playoff spot, win and in, and 2 potential playoff teams.

Will be interesting, I'd put the Bills/Jets at the lowest chance of those listed above, but it likely is under consideration.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Scenario 1: 

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Scenario 2:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Scenario 3:

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Scenario 4:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

What if IND loses to JAX? I guess that's unlikely, but what if?!

21 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I wouldn't mind playing the Pats in the playoffs so we could beat them and leave no doubt who the new kings of the AFCE are.

I think wanting to play the Pats are a mistake. I don't think they go to the Super Bowl but I want no part of them in the playoffs

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

2. Rams vs 49ers: 49ers fighting for a playoff spot win and in, and Rams for the division title (assuming Cards win tonight).

3. Bills vs Jets OR Eagles vs Cowboys: Bills fighting for a division title.  Eagles fighting for a playoff spot, win and in, and 2 potential playoff teams.

Will be interesting, I'd put the Bills/Jets at the lowest chance of those listed above, but it likely is under consideration.

Chargers Raiders is win and in. Lose and out.

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Same, the idea of the pats and belilchick and a potential loss is scary lol. But the pats the team don't scare me at all 

Belichick has shown he's pretty good at implementing great game plans in the post season, whether as a coordinator or HC.

Would prefer to avoid his team as the first opponent. 

Then again, I'd just be happy if we got a home playoff game against ANYONE while having decent weather.

For WC seeding

NE wins they are #5

NE L Then they  could end up 6 or 7.

NE lose to IND by h2h

NE over LAC by H2H

LV over NE by common games

NE IND LV.   Then LV 5 IND 6 NE is 7. If IND L then teams shift up 

NE IND LAC  Then IND is 5 NE is 6 LAC 7 IND L then teams shift up.

PIT needs to WW and have IND L

IF PIT WW and LAC/LV tie then LAC is in by H2H.  IF IND lose Then LV gets in as well.

IF you have PIT, IND LV and LAC all end up with 9.5 W then IND is in and LAC is in.

BAL needs to W and have IND MIA and LAC L. They beat both IND and LAC. But if they are tied at 9-8 with Miami then conference record takes over putting IND in. IF LV L then conference record takes over and  IND and LV are at 7-5 and LV is in at 9-8.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

That would be a good ol' time! We all said a couple weeks ago the Bills have to beat them more for it to feel like a rivalry...let's end their season and watch that sucker heat up next year.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

They may but if colts lose then chargers and raiders are both in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.