Safety Darren Woodson

Defensive tackle Bryant Young

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Rico said:

That sucks. :thumbdown:

So Hester, Andre Johnson, and Demarcus Ware are the only 1st-year eligibles along with a bunch of also-rans? They should just skip this year.

Man, just my opinion, but the special meaning of the HOF has been watered down. Ronde Barber??  The HOF should only induct 1 or 2 a year. These lists, in recent years, lack significance and are unimpressive to me. A long career should not equate to a HOF career. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Too bad , it would be good for the overall view of the game if a guy like him actually made the HOF. He was the best gunner ever. That should count for something. People would realize games are won & lost on ST weekly. If great teams like the Bills had during the SB run needed a guy like him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Man, just my opinion, but the special meaning of the HOF has been watered down. Ronde Barber??  The HOF should only induct 1 or 2 a year. These lists, in recent years, lack significance and are unimpressive to me. A long career should not equate to a HOF career. 

Yeah, I couldn’t vote yes for a single one of them. Boselli is the only one who was truly elite, but he didn’t play long enough…. I guess Hester was pretty great too at what he did.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Barber is easily a hall of famer. Amazing player and one of the most important parts of one of the top 1-3 defenses in history. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With Devin Hester a near lock, I gotta think it’s a tough year for Tasker to try and get 2 ST guys through 

You think Devin Hester is a lock to get in his first year?  We’re talking about the hall of fame…yellow jacket.  While he’s def the best punt returner ever, I don’t think he’s even close to the best KO returner ever. 

If Tasker never gets in, either should Hester imo.  Tasker has been known as the best ST player ever for the last 25+ years. Hester is the best punt returner ever…..but not the best KO returner ever.  Maybe it’s me being a homer, but I think it would be ******* if Hester gets in first. But the nfl is all about TDs and Hester has lots

• Agree 2

There are great players on this list, but there is not one player that I think "hall of fame" when thinking of the very best.

Boselli, Ware, Hester, Andre Johnson, Jared Allen and Patrick Willis (for short periods of time) were among the best at their positions, so these would be the players I would most consider.

Still, I don't think any of these players were significantly more important individually to their position or team's success than Tasker.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Mailman said:

I agree, a long career should not equate to a HOF career.

But wait until Frank Gore gets eligible.  He was never close to being the best back in the NFL for any season, but he kept on chugging along, and now is among the career leaders.  The lazy voters will look at stats, not capability or impact.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Steve Tasker, 7 time Pro Bowler, 7 time first team All-Pro doesn’t make the cut. Tony Boselli, whose entire career was only 6 years does. Uh, sure that adds up. 👎

The entire list of finalists is, in my opinion, pretty weak.

You would think the greatest ST player of all time would make it!

• Like (+1) 2

Tasker completely changed the role of special teams in the NFL and how teams played kick and punt coverage.  He should be recognized for that.  There was not a reserved special teams player role on the pro bowl squad before Tasker. He won games for the Bills on numerous occasions.  He was dominant.  Should have been recognized years ago.  Putting Hester in before him would be shear ignorance.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

There are great players on this list, but there is not one player that I think "hall of fame" when thinking of the very best.

Boselli, Ware, Hester, Andre Johnson, Jared Allen and Patrick Willis (for short periods of time) were among the best at their positions, so these would be the players I would most consider.

Still, I don't think any of these players were significantly more important individually to their position or team's success than Tasker.

Patrick Willis doesn't belong in there.  Barely got to 8 seasons.  Started off great for first 4 years.  

• Like (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Pro Football HOF Class of '22 Finalists [no Tasker]

Tasker was the best in the business as a multifaceted Special Teamer for years, and I've always thought if you're the best at your position for that many years, you deserve the Hall of Fame. He changed the way Special Teams was looked at, and Hall of Fame coaches would have to game plan around him on that side of the ball year after year, so hopefully one day he will get the call!

29 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

If Tasker played for the Jets there wouldn’t be a soul here that would say he belongs. Tasker was a special teams god in our eyes but not to other teams fans throughout the league

Definitely not true

I know plenty of NFL fans who are not Bills fans from the 90s who thought Steve Tasker was insane 

He was a seven-time first team All pro.. coaches actually had to game plan around him... Never before was that ever the case for special teamer 

Matthew Slater gets a lot of love for the Patriots over the last decade.. he's going to be on the Hall of Fame ballot

He literally can't hold Steve tasker's Jock.. Steve is five times the player

And Slater is going to get a look

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Steve Tasker made some game changing plays in some of the biggest games in Bills history. Unfortunately for Tasker, his punt block in the Super Bowl happened in the biggest blowout. If Tasker makes that blocked punt in XXV, instead of XXVII he would have been immortalized in Canton a long time ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

I agree, a long career should not equate to a HOF career.

But wait until Frank Gore gets eligible.  He was never close to being the best back in the NFL for any season, but he kept on chugging along, and now is among the career leaders.  The lazy voters will look at stats, not capability or impact.

Wow, to put time in perspective. Willis Mcgahee became a starter cause Gore went down in college. Chugging along is right lol.

1 hour ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

How many 7 time All Pros are not in the Hall of Fame?  Only Tasker and current semi finalists?

Ruben Brown says hello.

Which says a lot more about Pro Bowl balloting than it does about Tasker.

I was arguing with a Dolphin fan earlier about Zach Thomas.  He said "Zach Thomas changed games."  I was like, maybe so, but Steve Tasker also changed games... and he changed THE GAME.

This group of finalists, except for Hester, doesn't have a single guy I would consider top 5 at his position, or actually even top 10.  Tasker was the very best ever at what he did.  It drives me nuts, especially since this was really his best shot.  I bet he gets in via the Seniors committee someday.

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow what a terrible list. Only Devin Hester, Reggie Wayne  and maybe Andre Johnson are worthy. Holt has good numbers but Wayne and Johnson were more talented.

For the record I don’t think Tasker should be in the HOF but this class is so weak maybe he will make it.

One of my long time snubs, Tom Flores made it finally last year.  Now I really want to see Don Coryell inducted.

Edited by Ethan in Portland

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

That's the November list.  No Tasker.  

This is today's list:

Jared Allen, Defensive End – 2004-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2008-2013 Minnesota Vikings, 2014-15 Chicago Bears, 2015 Carolina Panthers

Willie Anderson, Offensive Tackle – 1996-2007 Cincinnati Bengals, 2008 Baltimore Ravens

Ronde Barber, Cornerback/Safety – 1997-2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tony Boselli, Offensive Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2002 Houston Texans (injured reserve)

LeRoy Butler, Safety – 1990-2001 Green Bay Packers

Devin Hester, Punt Returner/Kick Returner/Wide Receiver – 2006-2013 Chicago Bears, 2014-15 Atlanta Falcons, 2016 Baltimore Ravens

Torry Holt, Wide Receiver – 1999-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars

Andre Johnson, Wide Receiver – 2003-2014 Houston Texans, 2015 Indianapolis Colts, 2016 Tennessee Titans

Sam Mills, Linebacker – 1986-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-97 Carolina Panthers

Richard Seymour, Defensive End/Defensive Tackle – 2001-08 New England Patriots, 2009-2012 Oakland Raiders

Zach Thomas, Linebacker – 1996-2007 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Dallas Cowboys

DeMarcus Ware, Linebacker/Defensive End – 2005-2013 Dallas Cowboys, 2014-16 Denver Broncos

Reggie Wayne, Wide Receiver – 2001-2014 Indianapolis Colts

Patrick Willis, Linebacker – 2007-2014 San Francisco 49ers

Bryant Young, Defensive Tackle/Defensive End – 1994-2007 San Francisco 49ers

Weak list.

Andre Johnson & Torry Holt are the only two that deserve serious consideration. Maybe Sam Mills, and maybe Bryant Young.

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Ruben Brown says hello.

Which says a lot more about Pro Bowl balloting than it does about Tasker.

I was arguing with a Dolphin fan earlier about Zach Thomas.  He said "Zach Thomas changed games."  I was like, maybe so, but Steve Tasker also changed games... and he changed THE GAME.

This group of finalists, except for Hester, doesn't have a single guy I would consider top 5 at his position, or actually even top 10.  Tasker was the very best ever at what he did.  It drives me nuts, especially since this was really his best shot.  I bet he gets in via the Seniors committee someday.

All Pro and being selected for the pro bowl are completely different things. All pro carries infinitely more weight than pro bowls. Although sadly neither of these things are helping Tasker’s case. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.