Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Full immunity can actually take longer than 2 weeks after the 2nd shot to develop.  The "2 weeks" is an average representing a "typical" response.  We used to say "takes 6-8 weeks to build full immunity if you tell your immune system to hurry, and 6-8 weeks if you don't". 

The piece you're missing is that if Dawkins got symptoms 10 days after his second shot, that means he was exposed/infected some time earlier.  Typical for Delta was 4-5 days, range of 2-14 days.  So Dawkins could have been exposed and started incubating covid right around the time he got his 2nd shot or shortly thereafter.

No, Dawkins didn't have a weird vaccine reaction.  The vaccine can not cause you to test positive for Covid.  He tested positive.  He had Covid.

My point was that as he was infected with covid he was somewhere between the first shot and the second shot.  So his immune system was experiencing the mRNA effect at the same time it was dealing with a true covid infection.  I don't think we know enough about that situation to rule out potential problems. 

And I can only go on my very bad experience with vaccination after having previously been infected with covid.  I was told by my doctor that this reaction, extreme chills and the shakes, was a direct reaction between vaccination (first shot) and my previous infection status.

12 hours ago, balln said:

vacc and natural immunity wane. they wane. this has been known for a long time. hence the boosters. 

There is evidence from previous bouts with respiratory virus that natural immunity may be very long lasting (decades in same cases) in this class of infections. So far I've seen data showing it holding up pretty well a year after covid infection. The long lasting part of natural immunity likely involves the "education" of the T cell memory immune system.

As for the reason we have booster shots, it is entirely about extending the protective effect of the initial vaccine regimen of two shots. We now know that the protection offered by 2 shots wanes relatively quickly requiring the booster shots. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Moss is active for this game I'm going to be upset. Go into the game with the mindset we're going to play our game, not their game.

I hear what you are saying, but I actually think the Pats are really prone to be run on. I can see Moss coming out of the dog house and being productive. Not going to go out and run the ball 30 times— but it wouldn’t surprise me if we gave these RB’s some Carries, especially if the pats run a lot of 2-high, as some of the experts are predicting. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear what you are saying, but I actually think the Pats are really prone to be run on. I can see Moss coming out of the dog house and being productive. Not going to go out and run the ball 30 times— but it wouldn’t surprise me if we gave these RB’s some Carries, especially if the pats run a lot of 2-high, as some of the experts are predicting. 

Spread the field and run, I honestly wouldn't run much. Trying to play physical is their game. We're a finesse football team. On defense also, go in planning to attack. Let Mac Jones beat us. Run blitz the heck out of them.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Moss is active for this game I'm going to be upset. Go into the game with the mindset we're going to play our game, not their game.

Has there been any discussion in regards to Moss’ conditioning?  I know he had to rehab his ankle in the offseason and then dealt with a hamstring injury too.  Aside from other factors, just curious if there’s any chance his physical conditioning is contributing to him being inactive on game days.

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Has there been any discussion in regards to Moss’ conditioning?  I know he had to rehab his ankle in the offseason and then dealt with a hamstring injury too.  Aside from other factors, just curious if there’s any chance his physical conditioning is contributing to him being inactive on game days.

Maybe some contacts would help his issue.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d be ok with Moss active, especially if Sanders is out with Beasley.  

Pats can be run on, and Moss is also good in pass pro/pass catching.   Something to think about if Dawkins is out again. 

Taylor, before that back breaking 65 yard run, was 28 Carries for 105 yards an average of 3.75 yards a carry.. so basically I hope the Bills think like this and try run.. The Bills talent is at WR and QB not O line and RB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d be ok with Moss active, especially if Sanders is out with Beasley.  

Pats can be run on, and Moss is also good in pass pro/pass catching.   Something to think about if Dawkins is out again. 

Personally I hope to not see Moss active again.  They too easily think about wasting downs when Moss is active.

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Taylor, before that back breaking 65 yard run, was 28 Carries for 105 yards an average of 3.75 yards a carry.. so basically I hope the Bills think like this and try run.. The Bills talent is at WR and QB not O line and RB. 

the only difference is last week, the pats were facing a QB who barely threw for 50 yards and nearly threw like 8 interceptions. I think they were basically stacking the box and playing the run given the sheer ineptitude of Wentz. 

That said, we aren’t talking about moss running wild. At least what I am hoping for is like 5-7 productive Carries out of the guy— which means maybe breaking off a few 5-yard runs and keeping the pats defense honest. Expectations are low. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Personally I hope to not see Moss active again.  They too easily think about wasting downs when Moss is active.

Wasting downs? As in handing off for a meaningless, er, unhelpful two yard gain on first and ten? That's his usual role, especially in the red zone.

• Like (+1) 1

Prefer to see Singletary get the majority of carries. He has been successful running off tackle and getting to the perimeter. He does a better job of using his blockers. Another thing the Bills have completely stopped doing is allow Allen to, by design roll out, on pass plays. Defenses early in the season were sending extra rushers from the edges to deter this. But now would be a good time to sneak a couple of those in. Josh should run occasionally too. Get the run going any way they can and then play action pass to freeze defenders just long enough for a nice chunk pass play. This offense has the tools to pull ahead. All they have to do is go out there and execute. I'd also like to see some presnap movement to help confuse the defense. They don't need to get carried away with it, just mix things up and keep that NE D guessing. Have a hunch we are going to see a very different game from the last one. NE was fortunate in that last game, but their luck just ran out. Every player has a little more steam in their engines after losing that last one. Bank on it.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

When we suggest running the ball more, we mean slightly more.  Still want a heavy pass offense, especially given the weather should be good this time around.  

Moss, to me, simply makes sense if we’re down both Sanders/Beasley and Dawkins.   He’s a good pass protector, which we may need if y’all can focus on Diggs/Davis/Knox and we have to play a rookie RT at LT again. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Did Taylor break his back??

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the only difference is last week, the pats were facing a QB who barely threw for 50 yards and nearly threw like 8 interceptions. I think they were basically stacking the box and playing the run given the sheer ineptitude of Wentz. 

That said, we aren’t talking about moss running wild. At least what I am hoping for is like 5-7 productive Carries out of the guy— which means maybe breaking off a few 5-yard runs and keeping the pats defense honest. Expectations are low. 

This makes me laugh.  Running wild…  you Crack me up 😆 

Edited by Behindenemylines
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

You’ve been hanging around us too long 😂 that’s a classic bills fan move ‘if it wasn’t for this one 99 yd carry every week our rush defense would be pretty good’ haha I agree though I think they didn’t trust josh enough to throw in the elements last game and trying to pound the run is mostly what did us in 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's face it...this is the 2021 Buffalo Bills super bowl. 

No other game will have this much impact on their season with their hated division rivals. 

Last game against NE... Old smiley was actually smiling for the first time ever... and hugging his assistant coaches. eff that!

I'd love to see a repeat of that 2020 game in NE...

image.thumb.png.9a6828d19865a4788b8c75e506dca40f.png

Besides, last weeks game might just be a precursor with Singletary rushing 22 times for 86 yards and 1 TD. I hope the Bills pound the rock against NE...40 times for 250+ yards.

Both NE RBs are hurting. 

35 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I'm just really enjoying the lack of Pats flavored doom posting in this thread.  

Round 1's thread you'd have thought Josh was up against Brady, Moss, Welker, Seymour, Wilfork, Bruschi, Willy McGinnest, The David's both Patten and Givens, and possibly Corey Dillon and Asante Samuel.

I don’t even mean to disrespect the pats with this but they are tremendously overrated this season through no fault of their own. They’re definitely a good team that’s never gonna beat themselves but people are talking like we’re facing the afc all star team.  I think all the nfl talking heads were pulling so hard for that bucs pats super bowl that they drowned in their own koolaid lol maybe things will settle down now that the bucs clearly look inferior to the packers

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If he was going to be activated today it would’ve happened already, IMO. He isn’t playing. Should be fun watching Josh do everything for the offense again. 

I think it this point we jave to take alternate measures. It's time to meet up outside the Judon house around 11pm Saturday night. We will loudly sing Christmas Carols all night long (and maybe spill some water on his front steps).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Patriots 46 rushes 222 yards

minus 1 rush for 64 yards =
45 rushes 158 yards - 3.51 ypc.

i guess that means the pats aren’t good at anything offensively.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If he was going to be activated today it would’ve happened already, IMO. He isn’t playing. Should be fun watching Josh do everything for the offense again. 

That would truly be bad news. They'd have a terrible left tackle, a mediocre/backup left guard (if Feliciano doesn't play), a terrible right guard, and a mediocre/struggling right tackle. And it's not like the center is pro-bowl caliber, either. 

Can the Bills just not catch a break this year? 

8 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am trying to follow and understand your logic. Are you saying that BB stopped trying to score because he thought 4 points was sufficient margin to win the game? Which also implies that you think the Pats** could score at will in that game (not saying anything about the Bills ability as clearly they were unable to score more).

Do explain more. 

I don't believe his team threw 3 passes because he was "afraid" of the weather. If they needed to they would have opened things up like the Bills tried to do. They scored 14 because 14 is what it took. As I said earlier, no, I am not saying they could score at will. Just enough to beat the Bills that specific day.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.