Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

I think from a mental and psychological standpoint, things are aligning for a good performance from the Bills.   I think they will play with urgency right off of the bat and I would expect for Josh to do everything in his power to lead the Bills to victory which most likely includes a lot of running off of scrambles and tosses, called running plays and non called runs.

Can we just not get anymore players on the list? Or at least no more starters?

Right now with the players out for NE (Bourne, Agholor, Stevenson, anyone else...?) I view our losses of Beas, Davis and Dawkins as a wash. 

But if we lose any of Diggs, Sanders, Knox, or Singletary on offense we're in big trouble.

Notice the player on offense I didn't mention... that's because I believe we might as well forfeit the season if we lose him and I don't want to tempt fate even saying his name. My Christmas will be full of a bit of background anxiety hoping he stays off the Covid list.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right now with the players out for NE (Bourne, Agholor, Stevenson, anyone else...?) I view our losses of Beas, Davis and Dawkins as a wash. 

But if we lose any of Diggs, Sanders, Knox, or Singletary on offense we're in big trouble.

Notice the player on offense I didn't mention... that's because I believe we might as well forfeit the season if we lose him and I don't want to tempt fate even saying his name. My Christmas will be full of a bit of background anxiety hoping he stays off the Covid list.

I don’t see that as a wash at all…josh has the arm talent to make pretty much any receiver look good and mac very much does not.   Nfl won’t test josh they ‘randomly’ choose vaccinated players to test and they want to keep makin that $$$ so it won’t hit too many big name vaccinated qbs imo 

13 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I love the Bills, but Sunday is the end of their season. They have a monumental

task ahead ahead of them for next year.

How…10-7 more than likely gets us in if we lose 

25 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t see that as a wash at all…josh has the arm talent to make pretty much any receiver look good and mac very much does not.   Nfl won’t test josh they ‘randomly’ choose vaccinated players to test and they want to keep makin that $$$ so it won’t hit too many big name vaccinated qbs imo 

How…10-7 more than likely gets us in if we lose 

You realize on most ESPN NFL playoff machine scenarios putting Cincy, Ravens, and Bills at 10-7, the Bills get edged by Ravens and / or Cincy. Assuming Colts and Chargers finish 10-7 or better. Going 10-7 is no guarantee. Best scenario is Ravens beat Cincy this week, and Cincys loses at home vs Chiefs (most likely). Tyler Huntley better be ready this week. And that also assumes, the Bills can beat the Falcons with a shorthanded roster. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Stevenson out is big 

Edited by Jeffbigalls

5 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Stevenson has not been ruled out

Sal Capaccio 

@SalSports

·

38m

Patriots officially rule out both WR Nelson Agholor and RB Rhamondre Stevenson against Bills. Their list of questionable players is lengthy. WR Kendrick Bourne is also still on the Covid list.

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really am wondering what the bills

do with the oline. I know it is not popular, but the idea of just having Doyle or Bates at LT makes more sense than shifting 3 guys to weaken 3 positions on the line. 

Matt Parrino

@MattParrino

· 1h

What I think o-line could look like on Sunday: LT- Bobby Hart LG- Ike Boettger C- Mitch Morse RG- Daryl Williams RT- Spencer Brown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With Ford now being out and Daryl Williams a liability @ RT and Brown being a terrible LT, I’d go with Hart-Ike-Morse- Daryl-brown and I’d have Knox chipping on every pass. Running a few 2TE sets with Sweeney blocking and chipping would switch things up and could help.  Sucks that sweeney is our only option….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With Ford now being out and Daryl Williams a liability @ RT and Brown being a terrible LT, I’d go with Hart-Ike-Morse- Daryl-brown and I’d have Knox chipping on every pass. Running a few 2TE sets with Sweeney blocking and chipping would switch things up and could help.  Sucks that sweeney is our only option….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Might make sense. This way at least 3/5 of the could potentially perform well as opposed to possibly none. Lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

When Bobby Hart at LT is your best option in the most important game of the year . . . image.png.60df6d87ea8a0520213f500236b0ba45.png

• Haha (+1) 2

They have no choice but to line up with Williams and Brown again at the tackles. This just leaves us to hope on Feliciano clearing or we have to play Bates or Doyle inside. I don’t think they play Hart unless another starter goes down. He’s that bad. They may even line up with an H back on 1 side or another just to chip often. Moss will be dressed this week because he is the best protector they have at RB. 

10 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So Stevenson is out for NE. Last game he ran 24 times for 78 yds (3.2 ypc). A big part of their offense but maybe replaceable. How is Harris doing, he had 10 carries for 111yds (11.1 ypc)?

He was back at practice this week, but limited. He'll definitely play - but it's a hammy, so who knows if he can handle the full load.

If they didn't have Harris, they'd be in bad shape. They rely on the running game, and those are their best RB's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can’t Bates play LT?

Bates can’t play anything apparently. 

2 hours ago, Golden said:

Matt Parrino

@MattParrino

· 1h

What I think o-line could look like on Sunday: LT- Bobby Hart LG- Ike Boettger C- Mitch Morse RG- Daryl Williams RT- Spencer Brown

just nuts if they think Hart is a better option than Doyle or Bates, but I guess I trust the coaches. But I agree generally that we should only swap out LT, not LT/RG/RT.

34 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Hard to imagine Hart at LT, but I guess we’ll go with it. …. And if so, what does that say about what the Coaches think about Bates or Doyle? Yikes.

I wonder if Williams is the best choice for left tackle. That leaves Brown at right tackle and Boettger and Bates at guard. Yes, Brown had no time to prepare for left tackle, but he played about as badly as anyone can play over there. 

What a mess. 

I'm excited/interested to see some of our wide receiver depth step up, but I fear alot of dropped passes and mis communication. These depth guys haven't had alot of playing time and I fear that it'll show. Really need to feed Diggs, Sanders, mckenzie and Knox. Anyone else I say feed them easy passes. Maybe take a deep shot to Stevenson 

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How about:

Bates Boettger Morse Williams Brown

Strength of this is that Josh loves rolling to the right so we could run designed roll outs to the better side and then mix it up with Singletary running counters to the left where Brown and Williams would pull…

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How about:

Bates Boettger Morse Williams Brown

That is what I wanted last week, but apparently Bates is not a good option there. Really? Can he be any worse than Brown was? At least with this, everything else is relatively normal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.