11/25/21 Thanksgiving Gameday Bills at Saints Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I'm certainly richer. Keep denying the suck that you see. There is nothing on earth to justify this term being a touchdown favorite against anyone right now.

I agree.  Casual bettors will be all over the Saints.  I want to know why the sharpies are pumping up the Bills.  When something seems to good to be true, it often is.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im surprised McKenzie is inactive for someone who hasn't played football.  I know he fumble last week but Daboll took out all the plays that were great with McKenzie.

Did read that he's been healthy for a few weeks now and was practicing off to the side much longer than most players on IR are able to. That may have helped.

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

how do you know this? 

How many jet sweeps/fakes you seen this year?  I talked about it all year.  They were killing with that play last year and because there was no run game to speak of its the play that kept a defense guessing.  They came out with it one week and it again went for good yardage.  Never seen it again.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im surprised McKenzie is inactive for someone who hasn't played football.  I know he fumble last week but Daboll took out all the plays that were great with McKenzie.

dont agree with putting Isaiah in the dog house. Was a fluke play in rainy conditions. Was hoping they would just work Stevenson in returning kicks, but give McKenzie more time at receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Did read that he's been healthy for a few weeks now and was practicing off to the side much longer than most players on IR are able to. That may have helped.

Vicious had it over a month ago. The tweet about them ramping him up was from 10/14

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Im on board with the change and seeing if the kid can do it.  I just think making McKenzie inactive is a little harsh.  McKenzie tweeted "out for the season"

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

dont agree with putting Isaiah in the dog house. Was a fluke play in rainy conditions. Was hoping they would just work Stevenson in returning kicks, but give McKenzie more time at receiver. 

I figured with Moss out and Kumerow still out they'd be able to slip Stephenson in without making McKenzie inactive.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Don't like sitting McKenzie. He is a good football player capable of making explosive plays who muffed a punt in ***** weather. Its not like he has made a habit of it.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

wasnt even really a muff. He just slipped and fell down. 

Thought it was a KO not a punt??  Not that it really changes things except technically you can't muff a KO.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Something tells me McDermott had a long talk with Daboll this week and told him to put those plays back in. At least I hope so. Stevenson I think is even faster than McKenzie.

Yeah lets hope so.  They need to use those type of plays if they cant run the football.  Have to make the defense think about something.  I just don't get it.  They don't use anything like it all season then they put them in the Jets game and then took them back out.  What the hell is Daboll doing?

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Thought it was a KO not a punt??  Not that it really changes things except technically you can't muff a KO.

It was a KO.

I get that people feel its (inactives) harsh but .... the rubber is now meeting the road.

This team has not performed, the coaches have not performed, the players have not performed.

We are not division leaders. We are 7th seed.

Time to rip off the bandaid and get sh** done.

Hopefully this makes the team respond.

We cannot continue this way.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Something tells me McDermott had a long talk with Daboll this week and told him to put those plays back in. At least I hope so. Stevenson I think is even faster than McKenzie.

Just a gut feeling or is it something you heard McD say? Either is fine, I was just wondering if you heard something.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How many jet sweeps/fakes you seen this year?  I talked about it all year.  They were killing with that play last year and because there was no run game to speak of its the play that kept a defense guessing.  They came out with it one week and it again went for good yardage.  Never seen it again.

Agreed. I am a fan of that movement in their offense. Not watching, film or anything, but I've always thought the offense looks better when that action is put into the offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think this is a good sign.

A couple months ago I ordered a throwback Bruce Smith 78 jersey, which was supposed to arrive weeks ago, but hadn't until just now.

I just heard a knock on the door and there was the package, just in time to be worn for this game.

Bad Things, man.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly think we dodged an old gritty bullet with the Ingram news. Thought he’d give us similar issues as last week with the way he’s been running this year. I know nothing about this Tony Jones kid but can only hope it’s a downgrade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.