11/25/21 Thanksgiving Gameday Bills at Saints Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

31 minutes ago, Process said:

If the Bills lose to the Saints practice squad the season is over. Maybe not from a standings perspective but it would be the final confirmation that this team is nowhere near ready to win a super bowl. Luckily I don't think that will happen.

Heres to hoping this is our get right game, and that we can then get back to full health for the Patriots.

This will be the start of a hot run to end the season and into the playoffs. Crush em. 

I'm kind of in the same mindset as I was before the Jags game - even if we win this one it doesn't really prove much considering who we're facing (no disrespect to the Saints but they've been shredded by injuries). However, we then lost to the Jags so we better turn up and take it seriously.

8 hours ago, mattynh said:

Just watched the hard knocks.   That sucked.   Gotta love Frank though.  This team needs to get their groove back.   Hope they can….needs to start today.  

Yeah it was a tough watch, but also interesting seeing some of the behind the scenes details and it was cool to see Frank Reich eating at Chef’s with Bruce Smith and Steve Tasker.

It sucked hearing Reich’s post game speech about “total domination in all 3 phases” (but he was right).

Also wasn’t crazy about hearing that D line coach (or whoever it was) saying that if they force Allen to be a pocket passer they win the game. I hope Allen uses that as billboard material.

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah it was a tough watch, but also interesting seeing some of the behind the scenes details and it was cool to see Frank Reich eating at Chef’s with Bruce Smith and Steve Tasker.

It sucked hearing Reich’s post game speech about “total domination in all 3 phases” (but he was right).

Also wasn’t crazy about hearing that D line coach (or whoever it was) saying that if they force Allen to be a pocket passer they win the game. I hope Allen uses that as billboard material.

That is what teams have done with Allen, it works sometimes but now all the time.   If the pass pro can hold up he has been successful from the pocket but keeping him in their is your first step for sure.   

I found a lot of the interactions to be interesting for sure.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

That is what teams have done with Allen, it works sometimes but now all the time.   If the pass pro can hold up he has been successful from the pocket but keeping him in their is your first step for sure.   

I found a lot of the interactions to be interesting for sure.   

I feel that Allen seems more reluctant to run these days.  It may be coaching, he may be being "coached hard" that the Bills don't want the $258M man putting himself at risk so much.

I'm surprised when I look at the stats, and see that  his Y/A and Y/G are up compared to the previous two seasons and his attempts/game are down only fractionally (6.1 vs 6.4):

image.thumb.png.73e342859de62f383d38f83ef187ac5f.png

I think other teams believe that if they can get the Bills in 3rd and long and clamp down on the passing game past the sticks AND keep Allen in the pocket, they've got us.

30 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don't think that comment about making Allen a pocket passer was a slight at Josh as much as they knew if they can keep him in the pocket, they could collapse it up the middle with our weak guard play. He was right on.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I feel that Allen seems more reluctant to run these days.  It may be coaching, he may be being "coached hard" that the Bills don't want the $258M man putting himself at risk so much.

I'm surprised when I look at the stats, and see that  his Y/A and Y/G are up compared to the previous two seasons and his attempts/game are down only fractionally (6.1 vs 6.4):

image.thumb.png.73e342859de62f383d38f83ef187ac5f.png

I think other teams believe that if they can get the Bills in 3rd and long and clamp down on the passing game past the sticks AND keep Allen in the pocket, they've got us.

I’m with ya man. He’s apparently getting the most per game since his rookie season but somehow it doesn’t feel like it at all. 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Allen gotta be a little more precise with ball placement. And with that - we need to be able to hit WR on the run for YAC. We just run stick and hook routes or bombs.

You see routes where you can really get run after the catch when defenses are in man to man or zone when they rush 5 or more. When they are playing against zone with 7 or more in coverage, you will get more sit in the hole routes that typically get tackled shortly after. Look at the difference between Jets and Indy game for Man vs. Zone defense results.

1 minute ago, Calidiehard said:

You see routes where you can really get run after the catch when defenses are in man to man or zone when they rush 5 or more. When they are playing against zone with 7 or more in coverage, you will get more sit in the hole routes that typically get tackled shortly after. Look at the difference between Jets and Indy game for Man vs. Zone defense results.

no. watch tampa. brady still hitting guys on the run with 2 deep shell zone. Even still allen ball placement isnt precise enough. 

Edited by balln

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.