Somethings GOT to be done a the interior o line

TheBeaneBandit

Mitch is solid and D Williams when he kicks inside was effective in my opinion. But Mongo has been below average. Not tragic like Ford was but a definite weak link. The only issue is that there isn’t much out on the market and the Bills have a cap situation that isn’t the best.

It also doesn’t help that good Oline players are usually not on the trade market mid season. Maybe if they get Brown back they can kick Williams inside and put in Ike? Internal options aren’t the best.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

i dont disagree about the Line,  not one bit.   not real sure what can be done about it at this point tho.     if u trade for a good young O lineman,  yer gonna have to overpay,  if u trade for a serviceable older guy,   youll probably have to eat a ton of salary.    mbe theres a diamond in the rough hanging around that wont cost an arm and a leg,  have no idea who that may be tho.

6 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Josh Allen hides the O line deficiencies pretty well.  If the Bills had a top 5 o-line in the league we could be straight unstoppable.

Couldn't agree more.. he avoids pressure and extends play so well..

I certainly hope they are trying to do something about it.. although unfortunately there are no easy answers...

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

i dont disagree about the Line,  not one bit.   not real sure what can be done about it at this point tho.     if u trade for a good young O lineman,  yer gonna have to overpay,  if u trade for a serviceable older guy,   youll probably have to eat a ton of salary.    mbe theres a diamond in the rough hanging around that wont cost an arm and a leg,  have no idea who that may be tho.

Overpay. Bills should be all in now to win the SB. Who cares about future draft picks when you might be able to get a guy that has already proven to be good. Epenesa, Ford, Basham all second round picks that are doing little to nothing. 

It's time to mortgage the future to win now!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's built for pass pro...run blocking has been bad most games. Pass blocking hasn't been great either in some of them which defeats the purpose of building a line for pass pro if it isn't good at that either.

Line is bad and when our backs do get a crack, they lack burst or power or both. 

I found myself wondering as the game went on - which is the better call?

Replacing Spencer Brown with Tommy Doyle?

or

Shifting Daryl Williams from RG to RT, shifting Jon Feliciano from LG to RG, and replacing Feliciano at LG with Ike Boettger?

Seems like you're messing with continuity quite a bit doing all of that. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

The line has not been good enough at times but we don’t do a ton well that takes some of the pressure off. We have to get the ball out of the QB’s hands on plays that developer quicker. You can also almost guarantee we are running the ball when we line up with Davis, Kumerow, and Sweeney. 

We did a better job of making plus literally with swings and screens. But it wasn’t until we started firing quickly to Beasley underneath that everything started to open up for us. 

I have been beating this drum all season and last. Our quick passing game, or lack of it, is hurting us just as much as our RB’s or OL have. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I found myself wondering as the game went on - which is the better call?

Replacing Spencer Brown with Tommy Doyle?

or

Shifting Daryl Williams from RG to RT, shifting Jon Feliciano from LG to RG, and replacing Feliciano at LG with Ike Boettger?

Seems like you're messing with continuity quite a bit doing all of that. 

I think one reason is that they're not happy w/ their "best 5" & used Brown's absence as an opportunity to try to improve.

Brown is presumably among the top 5. (Not that it's relevant to the discussion, but so is Williams.)  It's the guard's play that is primarily lacking.

So, since Mongo isn't doing well enough on the left, have him try right.  Ford wasn't cutting it, so leave him on the bench & try Botteger(sp?).

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Dolphins are great on the interior Dline. I actually think our Oline did average against them. The gameplan needs to help them out more, and it did in the second half. 

I don’t disagree that we need to upgrade at the guard positions, but we are serviceable there. 

Yea I think we’re looking at their team record and assuming they don’t do anything well but that is very true 

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I bet my life this will be the key aspect that costs us in the playoffs. Please try some kind of trade Beane.

Ain’t nothing new.  We know this (most of us anyway).  This was the case last season and all we did was make sure that we kept the OL intact

🙏🏻 we can do something…. But I’m definitely not holding my breath.

An upgrade @ cb2 would be nice too.  Also, not happening.

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd bench Feliciano. It is beyond a joke now. He is awful.

Are you sure?  I read here on this very forum that he’s good.  

dude is a bum.  Always has been.  

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd bench Feliciano. It is beyond a joke now. He is awful.

Are you sure?  I read here on this very forum that he’s good.  

dude is a bum.  Always has been.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.